Why settle for ordinary pizza bites when you can kick it up with these Stuffed Pepperoni Pizza Bites? This pizza appetizer combines cheese, pepperoni, and tasty pizza dough for an awesome snack!
Do you have a certain meal or food that you rely on every week? We usually do pizza night with a movie on the weekends. Some weeks we make our own pizza dough, and other days we rely on local pizza places to satisfy our pizza cravings.
Of course, our kids always ask for stuffed pizza. It doesn’t matter where we get it from, they want that extra cheese in the dough. I get it. More gooey cheese is always a good thing.
Since our kids love pizza so much, I decided to make some stuffed pizza bites as a fun snack for them. The little rolls were a hit with all three of our kids.
Pizza bites are the perfect after school snack, game day appetizer, or a delicious addition to any meal.
Ingredients for Pizza Bites Recipe
You can make a batch of these easy stuffed pizza bites with just a few ingredients. These pizza rolls come together in minutes and the whole family will enjoy them.
- String Cheese – You will need a total of 8 for this recipe.
- Butter – Unsalted and melted.
- Seasonings – A mixture of oregano and garlic powder tastes great with the cheese. You can also use Italian seasoning instead.
- Parmesan Cheese – Grated cheese sprinkled on top adds flavor.
- Pepperoni – 24 large slices are what we used, but you could also use three mini pepperonis for each pizza bite.
- Pizza Crust – Refrigerated or homemade works well. We love our Homemade Pizza Dough.
How to make Pepperoni Pizza Bites
These stuffed pizza bites are so easy to put together. The hardest part is making sure you get the dough wrapped around the cheese tightly, so it doesn’t melt out the sides.
In under 30 minutes you can have a batch of warm pizza bites ready to go. Serve warm with a bowl of Pizza Sauce for the full pizza experience.
- Preheat oven. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick baking spray.
- Cut 8 pieces of string cheese into 3 sections. Place the plate of cheese in the fridge while you prep everything else.
- Mix together the parmesan cheese and seasoning in a small bowl.
- Melt butter. Have a pastry brush ready to spread the melted butter on the pizza dough quickly.
- Open the can of pizza crust and spread it out on a lightly floured surface. Cut the dough into 24 even squares.
- Place a piece of string cheese in the center of each square and roll it up. Pinch the seams together very tightly, so the cheese doesn’t come out.
- Place the pizza bites on a foil lined pan. Brush each bite with butter and sprinkle with the cheese mixture.
- Press a pepperoni onto the top of each bite. Bake and devour!
- Use a different cheese in the center of each bite for a different flavor.
- Add the meat to the inside of the cheesy rolls. Pepperoni, sausage, bacon, or ham are all great choices.
- Want to make a meatless appetizer? Fill the pizza rolls with cheese and some diced veggies like red pepper, onions, or olives.
These pizza appetizers were such a hit with our kids that I’m already thinking about making some more pizza bites next week. What would you fill yours with???
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use homemade pizza dough?
You sure can. One 14 ounce dough ball will make 24 pizza bites.
Can you bake the pizza bites in a different pan?
Yes. Feel free to bake the pizza bites in greased muffin cups or a 9 inch baking dish. The ones in the baking dish may need to bake longer because all the dough will be touching. All ovens bake differently so make sure to keep an eye on the rolls.
More Easy Pizza Recipes
- Tomato Basil Pizza Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Rolls
- Pizza Pasta Salad
- Pizza Ball
- Meat Lover’s Skillet
- Pizza Soup
- Lean and Green Pizza
- Pepperoni Cheese Pretzels
- Pizza Pinwheels
When you make a recipe from Inside BruCrew Life, don’t forget to leave a comment and rate the recipe below. Follow us on our social media, and tag your photos #brucrewlife or @brucrewlife !
I also created a Facebook group and would love for you to join. Share recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. Request to join HERE.
- 8 string cheese
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 - 14 ounce roll refrigerated pizza crust
- 24 regular pepperonis
- pizza sauce, if desired
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil. Spray with non stick spray.
- Unwrap the string cheese and cut each one into thirds.
- Stir together the oregano, garlic powder, and cheese.
- Open the pizza crust and lay it out on a pan. Cut it into 24 even pieces.
- Place a piece of cheese in the center of each one. Roll the dough up tightly making sure to pinch the seams tightly. Place on the prepared pan.
- Brush each dough roll with butter. Sprinkle with the cheese mixture.
- Press a pepperoni into the top of each pizza bite. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Serve immediately with pizza sauce, if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 163Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 295mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 6g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.
*The post for Stuffed Pepperoni Pizza Bites was first published September 7, 2017. The post was updated and republished July 7, 2021.