Stuffed Crust Pepperoni Pizza Bites are a great after school snack that kids love. These are also a fun appetizer to serve at game day parties this fall.
The number one question that our kids ask every single day after school is “what’s for dinner?” Then they get home and proceed to eat everything in sight, so that they aren’t actually hungry for dinner when it’s ready. Try telling them that they can’t eat all the snacks because you just might get a death stare. Parents of teenagers, you know that one well, right?
After a long day at school, they want something to munch on right away. I’ve been trying to keep a container of fruit on the counter, and slowly they are finishing it off. Of course, they would much rather eat bags of chips or M&M blonde brownies.
So, I decided to surprise them with a little after school pizza snack the other day because I love those little monsters.
We usually do pizza and a movie on the weekends. Some weeks we make our own homemade pizza dough because it’s the best. Other days we rely on local pizza places to satisfy the pizza cravings.
Of course, our kids always ask for stuffed crust pizza. It doesn’t matter where we get it, they want that extra cheese in the dough. Sadly, a lot of places don’t offer that, so they just have to deal.
I decided to make little “cheese in the crust” bites because I knew my kids would go crazy for them. And sure enough, the minute they walked in the door, those stuffed crust pepperoni pizza bites were goners.
These little appetizers are so easy to put together. It just takes a few ingredients and a few minutes of prep work. The hardest part is making sure you get the dough wrapped around the cheese tightly, so it doesn’t ooze out the sides.
If it does, just scrape it off the foil and eat it because melted cheese by itself is pretty awesome!
Stuffed Crust Pepperoni Pizza Bites
Here are a few things to keep in mind while you make your own batch of after school snacks.
- Cut 8 pieces of string cheese into 3 sections. Place the plate in the fridge while you prep everything else.
- Mix together your cheese and spices in a small bowl.
- Melt some butter. Have a brush ready to wipe it on the dough because you need to be able to work quickly.
- Open the can of pizza crust and spread it out on a pan. Cut it into 24 even squares.
- Place a piece of cheese in the center of each square and roll it up. Try to pinch the seams together tightly, so the cheese doesn’t come out. Place the bites on a foil lined pan.
- Brush the dough with butter and sprinkle with the cheese mixture.
- Press a pepperoni onto the top of each bite.
- Bake and devour!
These were such a hit with our kids that I’m already thinking about some more pizza bite ideas. What would you fill yours with???
Other after school snack ideas that kids love:
- After School Snack Grilled Cheese Bites from Oh, Sweet Basil
- Triple Berry Orange Smoothie from Inside BruCrew Life
- Whole Wheat Cheddar Garlic Snacks from Foodie with Family
- Easy Pepperoni Cheese Pretzels from Inside BruCrew Life
- Crisp Dipped Bananas from CopyKat Recipes
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 121Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 229mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 4g