Looking for an easy and delicious dip to enjoy while watching your favorite show? Grab a box of crackers or a bag of celery and dig into this Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip. Chunks of chicken in a cheesy dip recipe will have everyone going back for more.
This easy game day appetizer never lasts long in our house. In fact, we love it so much that I used it as a base for this Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake that everyone raves about.
One of our favorite Friday things to do with our kids is a snack supper and game night. Now we don’t do this very often because that’s a lot of bad (but oh so good) food to devour in one night.
Everyone gets to decide on their favorite appetizer or snack that they want for the night. We usually each pick more than one thing because we have so many favorites.
One thing that we all agree on though is this Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip. In fact, we usually do a double batch because everyone can’t stop digging into the cheesy goodness.
A big bowl of chips and this Easy Homemade Salsa is another must have for these snack supper nights.
It’s like a mini Super Bowl party but without the football game going on in the background. I mean food and fellowship is the only reason for those parties, right?
There is just something about a cheesy dip that I cannot resist. And this Buffalo Chicken Dip delivers every single time.
I mean what’s not to love about your favorite buffalo wing flavor turned into an irresistible party dip. Am I right????
We usually have a bottle of Frank’s RedHot Sauce in the fridge because our youngest puts it on everything. And I do mean everything.
Most of the time when I make buffalo chicken recipes I use hot sauce. You can also use buffalo wing sauce. Hot sauce is just a mixture of peppers and vinegar, and buffalo sauce has melted butter or oil mixed into it. Either works in this recipe.
If you like spicy food, keep the amounts that are shown in the recipe. If you prefer a little less spice, I would recommend only using 1/4 cup.
How to make Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip:
- Mix together the softened cream cheese, hot sauce, ranch dressing, and garlic in a sauce pan until it looks like a paste. A hand held mixer or even a fork works great for this.
- Stir in the canned chicken and shredded cheese gently and heat it over medium heat until creamy.
- Open your bag of chips or crackers and dig in. It’s that easy.
PRO TIP: If you eat this buffalo chicken dip with celery, it counts as a low carb appetizer.
Recipe Tips and Tricks:
- We usually use canned chicken in this easy cheesy dip. Remember to stir it in gently because it is more fragile than diced chicken. You can also use any type of shredded or chopped chicken for this dip. Rotisserie chicken or any leftovers from a chicken dinner is perfect for this recipe.
- Ranch dressing versus blue cheese dressing is always a hot topic when you make a buffalo chicken recipe. I happen to prefer ranch dressing, so that’s how we make it. It’s totally fine if you want to make yours with blue cheese.
- Make sure to set your cream cheese out ahead of time so it is soft. Don’t worry if you do forget. To soften cream cheese quickly, unwrap it and heat it in the microwave for 15-20 seconds.
What kind of cheese should I use?
Really any type of shredded cheese will work for this easy dip recipe. We usually use cheddar cheese, but you could do colby, monterey jack, mozzarella, or a mixture of all the above.
What do you eat buffalo chicken dip with?
Pretty much anything is fair game. We love eating ours with pretzels, crackers, and celery. Or stuff it inside these Buffalo Chicken Calzones for a fun after school snack or easy dinner.
What other recipes can you make with canned chicken?
How to make Buffalo Chicken Dip in a Crock Pot:
This buffalo chicken dip is perfect for baking in a crock pot. Stir together the cream cheese, hot sauce, dressing, and garlic with a mixer or fork until it is creamy.
Add in the drained canned chicken and shredded cheese gently, and then plug it in. The game day dip will be ready in 1 1/2 – 3 hours, depending on if you cook it on high or low.
Making this cheesy dip in a small slow cooker makes it easier to transport to parties or game day events. Plus, it stays warm for the entire party or event. Having a second crock pot to bring this Chicken Fajita Queso Dip is also a very good idea.
More easy dip recipes:
- Pepperoni Alfredo Pizza Dip
- Tomato Basil Pizza Dip
- Homemade Ranch Dressing
- Loaded Hot Corn Dip
- Roasted Red Pepper and Garlic Hummus
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Be sure to follow us on our social media, so you never miss a post.
I also created a fun Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
- 1 - 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing (or blue cheese)
- 1/2 cup red hot sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 - 12.5 ounce can chunk chicken breast, drained well
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded cheddar cheese
- green onions, for garnish
- Stir together the cream cheese, ranch dressing, hot sauce, and garlic powder in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the canned chicken and cheese and stir until combined.
- Place the lid on the pot and heat until melted and creamy, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon into a bowl and top with green onions. Serve immediately with celery, pretzels, and crackers.
- Use 1/4 cup hot sauce to make it less spicy.
- You can also use 1 cup shredded cooked chicken instead of the canned chicken.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 282Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 815mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 11g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.
*This post contains affiliate links. Inside BruCrew Life may receive a small percentage from sales made through these free links. As always, these links do not cost you any extra. Thank you for letting us share products we use and love this way.