Chocolate and marshmallow goodness and canned biscuits make this Gooey S’mores Pull Apart Bread a fun and easy treat you need in your life.
Do you hear that? I don’t hear anything either. You want to know why? It’s because I am sitting in our house alone right now.
It’s the first day of school here. I have to admit I enjoy having our kids home during the summer, but I do love the quiet house when they go back to school each fall. Actually, I really love having a schedule. Routine I have missed you!
This year is kind of bittersweet though. Our oldest starts his senior year today. It seriously feels like we just dropped him off at kindergarten. I never believed people when they said time flies when your kids are little. Trust me, it flies. How is my baby in his last year of school already?
I’m going to need s’more chocolate and a s’mores latte to get me through this day/year!!!
I feel like this summer I slacked off on making s’mores treats. Usually through the summer months, I try to add chocolate, marshmallow, and graham crackers to everything. Maybe another batch of s’mores cookie cups will help me get my s’mores mojo back!
National S’mores Day was a few weeks ago, and I even missed that opportunity to create a gooey treat. What has happened to me?
Last week my good friend Dorothy made this awesome pumpkin pull-apart loaf. She is the queen of quick and easy desserts using biscuits! As I was drooling over her pumpkin version, I realized I had some canned biscuits, chocolate spread, and mini marshmallows just waiting to be used.
All of a sudden I had to make a s’mores version of this easy pull-apart bread. It was so easy to do.
- Cut each biscuit in half, so that you have 16 layers.
- Dip each one in cinnamon sugar, and then spread a little bit of chocolate on one side.
- Stack them together and place in a greased loaf pan.
- Bake, cool, frost, and devour!
This sweet and amazing treat lasted a whole 9.3593847 seconds around me. I couldn’t stop eating slices of this gooey s’mores pull apart bread! Don’t judge! It was my therapy as I thought about my son being a senior!
That marshmallow glaze is seriously the bomb.com! You will want to hide in a closet and slurp it with a spoon to ease the pain of your kiddos being so old, but trust me and drizzle it over this chocolate filled bread!
And now that I know how easy pull-apart bread is to make, I want to buy more biscuits for more easy breakfast treats! Or lunch, dinner, snack…you get the picture.
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
For the Bread
- 1 package canned biscuits (8 count Grands)
- 1/4 cup cinnamon sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate spread
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips, divided
For the Glaze
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup marshmallow cream
- 3 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon mini marshmallow bits
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x5 loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- Open the package of biscuits and cut each biscuit in half, so you have 16 biscuits. Dip each side of the biscuits in the cinnamon sugar.
- Place on a tray, and spread the chocolate spread on one side. Sprinkle with 3 Tablespoons mini chocolate chips.
- Stack 4 biscuits on top of each other, chocolate facing up. On the last set of biscuits, place the last biscuit chocolate side down.
- Stack the biscuits in the prepared pan, making sure to end with the stack that has the cinnamon sugar biscuit on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Gently flip the loaf out and cool completely.
- Whisk together the powdered sugar, marshmallow cream, and heavy whipping cream until smooth and creamy. Drizzle over the top of the bread.
- Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips and marshmallow bits on top. Store in a loosely sealed container. Makes 1 loaf.
*Recipe inspired and slightly adapted from this Pumpkin Pull-Apart Loaf
**Chocolate spread is sold in the peanut butter aisle of most grocery stores.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 103Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 27mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 1g