A graham cracker crust and marshmallow frosting makes these S’mores Frappuccino Cupcakes an amazing treat for summer picnics and parties.
A few years ago, I had an amazing idea to make this delicious S’mores Latte. I was so excited for this fun “new” coffee drink. It turns out that I wasn’t as creative and original as I thought.
The same year that I created that marshmallow latte, Starbucks added the S’mores Frappuccino to their summer menu. Mind blown! I had no idea that they were adding marshmallow to their coffee drinks at the same time I was.
I was really excited to see that they brought that s’mores drink back this summer too. Have you tried it yet?
It’s so creamy and delicious. Oh, and it’s super sweet. Half the syrup in these drinks is plenty for me.
One of my favorite things to do with Starbucks drinks is to turn them into fun and delicious cupcakes.
When I started planning out my recipes for this month, I knew that I wanted to recreate the s’mores frappe in cupcake form too.
I decided that the cupcake needed to have a graham cracker crust similar to the crust in this Chocolate S’mores Pudding Cake. Each cupcake gets it’s own buttery crust.
And of course, a thick swirl of this creamy Marshmallow Buttercream Frosting on top was a must.
What you need to make S’mores Frappuccino Cupcakes:
- Graham Cracker Crumbs
- Chocolate Cake Mix
- Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix
- Large Eggs
- Coffee – you can also use water or milk
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Marshmallow Buttercream Frosting
- Chocolate Melts
The drizzle of melted chocolate, graham cracker crumbs, and a green straw make these look like bakery-style cupcakes.
How to make S’mores Frappuccino Cupcakes:
Preheat your oven and place 30 cupcake liners in your cupcake pans.
Stir together the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Spoon the mixture evenly into the bottom of the cupcake liners. Use a mini tart shaper or something small to press the crumbs down firmly.
Mix together the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil, and coffee until a thick cake batter comes together. I usually mix the ingredients on low for 1 minutes, then mix it on medium for 2 minutes.
Stir in the mini chocolate chips gently. Spoon the batter evenly into the cupcake liners and bake for 20 minutes. Remove and cool completely.
Swirl frosting on top of the cupcakes. Drizzle with melted chocolate and sprinkle with more graham cracker crumbs.
Store in a tightly sealed container on the counter for 1-2 days or in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Can I use something other than coffee?
Now before you start saying how much you don’t like coffee, let me explain. Coffee actually amplifies or deepens the chocolate flavor. It gives it a bigger boost! And I’m all for boosting my chocolate, y’all! But yes, you can also use water or milk instead of coffee, if you prefer.
Can you freeze unfrosted cupcakes?
Make sure they are completely cool. Place them in a tightly sealed freezer bag or freezer safe container. Freeze for 4-6 months. Let the cupcakes come to room temperature before adding frosting and toppings.
You can also freeze frosted cupcakes by placing them in single layer on a tray and freezing for 6 hours. Wrap each one in plastic wrap or place in a freezer safe bag or container. Unwrap the cupcakes and let them come to room temperature before eating.
What tip do you use to frost cupcakes?
I like to use an icing bag and the 1M icing tip. This large icing tip allows you to pipe big swirls of frosting on top of the cupcakes.
Don’t have icing tips? Pro Tip: Fill a plastic Ziplock bag with the frosting, cut off one corner, and swirl on top of the cupcakes.
Other chocolate cupcake recipes you may like:
- Mocha Cookie Crumble Cupcakes
- Chocolate Butterscotch Cupcakes
- Toffee Mocha Cupcakes
- Raspberry Cheesecake Chocolate Cupcakes
- Mocha Fudge Cupcakes
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Be sure to follow us on our social media, so you never miss a post.
I also created a fun new Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 8 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 chocolate cake mix
- 1 - 3.4 ounce instant chocolate pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee, cooled
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 batch Marshmallow Buttercream Frosting
- 1/3 cup chocolate melts
- 2 Tablespoons graham cracker crumbs
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place 30 cupcake liners in muffin tins.
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs and butter. Spoon the rest of the crumbs evenly into the bottom of the cupcake liners. Press firmly into the bottom. Set aside.
- Mix together the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, cooled coffee, and oil. Beat for 1 minute on low speed, then beat 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Stir the chocolate chips in gently. Spoon the batter evenly into the liners. Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool.
- Use a frosting bag and icing tip 1M to swirl the frosting on top of the cooled cupcakes.
- Melt the chocolate melts according to the package directions. Spoon into a plastic baggie. Cut one tip off and drizzle over the tops of the frosted cupcakes.
- Sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs. Add a green straw, if desired. Store in a sealed container.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 151Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 83mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 2g
*The post for S’mores Frappuccino Cupcakes was first published on May 14, 2015. The photos were updated and it was republished June 9, 2019.