Make a pan of the best Peppermint Brownies the next time you get a chocolate and peppermint craving. Homemade brownies topped with peppermint chip frosting is the way to go this holiday season.
Yes, that is a homemade brownie staring you down. And yes, that is peppermint fudge frosting calling your name. You are welcome!
Lately I have been craving peppermint like crazy. I guess that's only logical because Christmas is coming quickly! I seriously do not have anything done this year.
Ok, so that's not totally true. We put up the trees, lights, and decorations in the house. And my my hubby put the lights on the house yesterday. Of course, we haven't plugged them in yet, so I sure hope they still work from last year.
Please tell me that I am not the only one wanting to cram as much peppermint into my mouth before the end of the year.
I'm still in love with using peppermint crunch chips for all the holiday desserts. I think every time I run into the store for something I have been grabbing another bag of them.
At this rate it is possible that I will be stocked up for the whole next year. Yay for having this Oreo peppermint cookies all year long though!
It is also very possible that I may have been eating them by the handfuls while I was waiting for these brownies to bake. What? They are that good!
These homemade brownies bake up so rich and decadent. There is something about them that makes them pretty irresistible by themselves.
But if you top them with a melted peppermint chip fudge topping, they become down right dangerous. The only thing better would be having a scoop of this peppermint stick ice cream on top.
How to make Peppermint Chip Brownies
- Preheat oven and line a pan with foil or parchment paper and spray it with nonstick baking spray.
- Whisk together the melted butter and dark cocoa powder.
- Beat the eggs for a few minutes or until light colored. Add the sugar and vanilla and mix in.
- Add the melted butter mixture to the egg mixture and mix.
- Stir in the dry ingredients gently. Spread in the prepared pan and bake.
- Heat the coffee creamer in a sauce pan until hot, but not boiling. Stir in the peppermint chips and white chips until melted and creamy.
- Let the mixture cool for a few minutes, then spread on top of the cooled brownies.
- Sprinkle the top of the peppermint fudge with the extra peppermint chips and mini chocolate chip before it sets.
Make sure you give the peppermint fudge topping enough time to set before you cut into the brownies. It's a true test of patience, but so worth it.
More Peppermint Desserts
- No Bake Peppermint Oreo Cheesecake
- Peppermint Whipped Cream
- Chocolate Peppermint Bark Sugar Cookie Bars
- Peppermint Oreo Bark
- Peppermint Cookies and Cream Fudge
- White Chocolate Peppermint Oreo Cake
Love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please leave a 5 star ⭐️ rating and/or a review in the comments section further below.
*The post for Peppermint Chip Brownies was first published on November 2, 2013. The photos and post have been updated and republished on December 11, 2019.