These easy Oreo Peppermint Crunch Cookies get a holiday twist from chocolate cookies and peppermint chips. They will disappear as fast as you make them.
*Be sure to sign up for the BruCrew email to receive these delicious recipes in your inbox.
Happy National Cookie Day!
What? You didn’t realize it was a national holiday either?!?! I had no idea that cookies ruled the world on December 4th, until I was surfing along Facebook and Instagram this morning. A holiday devoted to a sugary treat is one that I am all about. Even if I did just realize it was today.
Lucky for you, my youngest and I just baked cookies two days ago, and I couldn’t wait to share these any longer anyway. Thank goodness I have a good reason to share these now. I love food related holidays!
Of course, I don’t really ever wait for holidays to start working on new recipes. Most nights you will find me in the kitchen while our little monsters work on homework.
My youngest doesn’t usually have much homework, so he always wanders into the kitchen to see what candy he can steal from me. I caught him a few times sneaking cookie dough and peppermint chips while we made these. Chip off the ‘ole block that one!!!
Last year I made these Chocolate Mint Cookies, and I have seriously been dreaming about them all year long. They seriously taste like a deep fried mint Oreo! So amazing!!! Why I waited this long to make them again is beyond me!
It’s probably because I have a list a mile long, and I don’t like to make things twice. I’m sure there is some sort of medical condition for that kind of craziness!
These Oreo peppermint crunch cookies are seriously one of the easiest holiday treats to make.
They start with a cake mix, a stick of butter, and an egg. Then to give it just a bit more fun and amazing taste, we are adding some peppermint extract, Oreo cookies, and peppermint crunch pieces.
Yes, I am using the peppermint crunch chips yet again! I warned you guys I was completely and totally obsessed with them this year. I am down to one bag in my cupboard, and that kind of freaks me out! Must.Go.Buy.More! #peppermintobsessedforlife #sendhelp #nevermindsendcookiesinstead
Look how soft and puffy these Oreo peppermint crunch cookies are!!!
They come out of the oven slightly puffed, but you can fix that by tapping them gently with a cookie spatula while they are still hot. And whatever you do, do not over bake them! It says 10 minutes, so listen to the recipe!!!! Trust me. They will set up and not be doughy!
This whole batch of cookies disappeared from my kitchen in under 24 hours. Even my husband (who says he doesn’t like sweets) couldn’t stop eating them. That tells me these were a cookie success!
Now I don’t know about you, but I am totally headed to my kitchen again tonight to make more cookies. No, not these…although I’m sure my family would love more of them. I have another crazy cookie idea to work on, and what better day than National Cookie Day to experiment on cookies.
Stay up to date on all the BruCrew baking here:
- 1 box white cake mix
- 8 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Oreo cookie chunks
- 1 cup Andes Peppermint Crunch pieces
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the cake mix, butter, egg, extracts, and cream cheese. Beat until a soft dough forms.
- Stir in the cookie chunks, peppermint crunch pieces and chocolate chips gently. Refrigerate the dough for 30-60 minutes.
- Scoop or roll the dough into 24 balls. Bake on a cookie sheet for 10 minutes. Do not over bake. The cookies will be very soft and look undone.
- Let the cookies sit on the hot cookie sheet for 2-3 minutes, then gently remove them with a spatula to a piece of wax paper on the counter.
- Very gently tap the tops of the cookies with the bottom of a flat spatula to even out the tops. Let them sit until completely cool. Store in a sealed container.
- Andes, Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips, 10oz Bag (Pack of 3)
- Silpat Premium Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat, Half Sheet Size, 11-5/8" x 16-1/2"
- Calphalon Nonstick Bakeware, Baking Sheet, 12-inch by 17-inch
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
More holiday cookies to add to your Christmas baking list:
- Best Sugar Cookies from In Katrina’s Kitchen
- Holiday Pinwheel Cookies from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Christmas Cookie Cake from Shugary Sweets
Love this cookie? You need to try the Chocolate Peppermint Crunch Cookie version. It will rock your socks off!
*This post contains affiliate links. Inside BruCrew Life receives a very small percentage of sales made through these links. Thank you for supporting us and letting us share products we use and love.