These easy Oreo Peppermint Crunch Cookies are loaded with cookies chunks and peppermint chips, and they taste amazing. Make a batch and watch them disappear off your tray of holiday cookies faster than you can blink.
*Be sure to sign up for the BruCrew email to receive these delicious recipes in your inbox.
Happy National Cookie Day! What? You didn’t realize it was a national holiday either?!?!
I had no idea that cookies ruled the world on December 4th, until I was surfing along Facebook and Instagram this morning. A holiday devoted to a sugary treat is one that I am all about. Even if I did just realize it was today.
And I just happened to bake cookies a few days ago, so it was the perfect time to share these amazing new cookie and cream cookies. I just love food related holidays!
Of course, I don’t really ever wait for holidays to start working on new recipes. Most nights you will find me in the kitchen while our kids work on homework.
Our youngest doesn’t usually have much homework, so he always wanders into the kitchen to see what candy he can steal from me. I caught him a few times sneaking cookie dough and peppermint chips while I was making these. Chip off the ‘ole block that one!!!
A few years ago I made these Chocolate Mint Cookies, and I have been dreaming about them recently. They seriously taste like a deep fried mint Oreo, and they are heavenly!! I wanted to make a peppermint version of that same cookie though.
These peppermint cookies and cream cookies are seriously one of the best holiday treats you will make this year! And they are easy because they start with a cake mix. I have a serious love affair with easy cake mix cookies!
There are so many different things you can do with cake mix. But my favorite thing besides cake is to make cookies. Cake mix cookies are a fun and easy way to make a batch of cookies.
There are so many varieties and flavor combos that you can do with a box mix and some extra candies and cookies. Some of our favorites are these Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies, these Cinnamon Caramel Cookies, and these Chocolate Chip Cherry Cookies.
But for this holiday cookie, I decided to jazz up these Chocolate Chip Cookies and Cream Cookies with some peppermint extract and peppermint crunch chips. I have been using those peppermint bits for years, and I’m still obsessed with them.
How to make Oreo Peppermint Crunch Cookies:
- Mix together the dry cake mix, softened butter, egg, extract, and cream cheese until a soft dough forms. FYI: these cookies seem to work best with a Pillsbury or Aldi cake mix.
- Stir in the Oreo cookie chunks, chocolate chips, and peppermint crunch bits gently.
- Refrigerate the dough for at least 30-60 minutes. The longer you refrigerate, the better. The dough should be able to be rolled without it sticking to your hands.
- Use a cookie scoop to divide the dough into 24 scoops. Roll each one into a ball and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Whatever you do, do NOT over bake them! Trust me. They will set up once they cool completely!
- The cookies will come out of the oven slightly puffy. Tap the tops of the cookies with a flat spatula while they are still hot to even them out. It’s not necessary, but I like to do that.
This whole batch of peppermint cookies disappeared from our kitchen in under 24 hours. Even my husband (who says he doesn’t like sweets) couldn’t stop eating them. That tells me these were a cookie success, and that you need to make them right away.
And if you love these Oreo Peppermint Crunch Cookies, you have to try these Chocolate Peppermint Crunch Cookies. The same delicious holiday cookie but in chocolate form!
More Christmas cookie recipes you may like:
- Chocolate Candy Cane Kiss Cookies
- White Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- Chocolate Mint Truffle Snowball Cookies
- Peppermint Mocha Pudding Cookies
- Homemade Little Debbie Cherry Cordials
- Chocolate Mint Pudding Cookies
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also have a Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
- 1 box white cake mix (see note below)
- 8 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Oreo cookie chunks
- 1 cup Andes Peppermint Crunch pieces
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Combine the cake mix, butter, egg, extracts, and cream cheese. Mix until a soft dough forms.
- Stir in the cookie chunks, peppermint crunch pieces and chocolate chips gently. Refrigerate the dough for at least 30-60 minutes. The longer, the better. The dough should not stick to your hands when you roll it.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Scoop or roll the dough into 24 balls. Bake on a cookie sheet for 10 minutes. Do not over bake. The cookies will be very soft and look undone.
- Let the cookies sit on the hot cookie sheet for 2-3 minutes, then gently remove them gently with a metal spatula to a piece of parchment paper on the counter.
- Very gently tap the tops of the cookies with the bottom of a flat spatula to even out the tops. Let them sit until completely cool. Store in a sealed container.
*These cookies seem to work best if a Pillsbury or Aldi cake mix is used.
**Make sure the butter and cream cheese are not overly soft. If they are, your cookie dough may need to be refrigerated longer.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 179Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 73mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 2g
*The post for Oreo Peppermint Crunch Cookies was first published on December 4, 2013. The post and photos were updated, and it was republished on December 4, 2019.