Transform traditional cookies and cream fudge into a holiday favorite. This Peppermint Cookies and Cream Fudge is loaded with swirls of peppermint bits and chocolate cookies. It's guaranteed to disappear off dessert trays in a hurry!
Fudge is such a fun treat to make during the holidays. I love that it comes together quickly and that you can add so many different flavors to it.
A few of the holiday fudge recipes we love to make during December is this chocolate cherry fudge and this cappuccino fudge. But my absolute favorite Christmas fudge to make and hand out is this cookies and cream fudge with peppermint swirls.
Why Make Peppermint Fudge
This peppermint fudge is a great holiday treat. You can wrap the fudge in bags or Christmas tins as gifts to give friends and family.
The smooth white Oreo fudge filled with peppermint is a combination that everyone goes crazy for.
- Great treat to make when you are short on time.
- You only need 5 ingredients for this holiday fudge.
- No special tools or candy thermometer needed.
- Easy to customized with your favorite mix-ins.
This easy frosting fudge is jazzed up with a few additional ingredients making it a magical holiday fudge recipe!
- Vanilla Frosting - A can of vanilla frosting is the base of this fudge.
- White Chocolate Chips - This helps the fudge harden.
- Butter - Helps to melt the chocolate chips and keep them smooth.
- Oreo Cookies - Any chocolate sandwich cookie will work, but I prefer using Oreo.
- Andes Peppermints Crunch Chips - These generally show up around the holiday season and give the smooth peppermint flavor to the fudge.
BruCrew Tip: Love chocolate? Use milk chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips in place of the white chocolate for a delicous chocolate flavor.
How to Make Peppermint Cookies and Cream Fudge
This creamy peppermint Oreo fudge is loaded with peppermint chips and chocolate cookie chunks. It is easy to make in minutes and will be a hit at holiday parties.
- Roughly chop the Oreo cookies into small chunks. Do not cut them too much or the small crumbs could turn the fudge muddy.
- Melt butter and white chocolate chips in a pan over low-medium heat, stirring often. Once it softens and looks like play dough, reduce the heat.
- Remove the foil liner from the canned frosting and microwave 30 seconds. Stir and pour over the white chocolate mixture. Stir until smooth.
- Let the fudge cool for 8-10 minutes, then add the remaining chopped Oreos and Andes peppermint chips. Stir gently, but do not over mix.
- Pour the warm fudge mixture into a foil lined square baking pan.
- Top with extra cookies and peppermint bits. Let set at least 4 hours or overnight before cutting into squares.
On the Counter - Keep in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-4 days.
In the Refrigerator - Keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks.
In the Freezer - Wrap the fudge in a few layers of plastic wrap then place in a freezer safe bag. Freeze up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
Tips and Tricks
- For chunks of Oreo in each square, break the cookies by hand or roughly chop them with a knife. Do not crush them too much or your fudge will turn grey or black.
- Line the pan with foil or parchment paper, so you can easily lift the entire block of fudge out of the pan to cut it into squares.
- Make sure the fudge is completely cooled and set up before cutting.
- To make clean cuts in the fudge, run a large knife under hot water and dry it off. Press it into the block of fudge making 1 long cut. Do not drag or saw with the knife. Repeat steps for each cut.
- Change up the fudge by using mint Oreos and Andes mint chips.
- Want a simple holiday fudge? Try out this easy Christmas fudge!
Yes, you can. Just be aware that the red frosting in the holiday Oreos might turn the white chocolate fudge red as well.
Andes also makes peppermint thins, so you can chop those into small chunks. You could also chop candy cane kisses or any other peppermint candy bar to use in place of the peppermint chips.
More Peppermint Recipes
Love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please leave a 5 star ⭐️ rating and/or a review in the comments section further below.
*The post for Peppermint Cookies and Cream Fudge was published December 2015. It was updated and republished December 2022.