Pepperoni Parmesan Chicken Rolls: gooey cheese, pepperoni, and chicken tenders wrapped inside a crescent roll makes an awesome little snack or quick dinner.
“What’s for dinner?” and “I’m hungry.” are the most over used phrases in our house. You would think we starve our children because they are ravenous when they get home from school each day.
Of course, I would be hungry too if I had lunch at 10:30 am, and then didn’t eat again until after 2:30 pm. We try to get the kids to take cappuccino chip granola bars and fruit in their bags because they are allowed to eat in most of their classes.
But they never do. So part of me isn’t too worried about them. I figure if they are hungry enough they would probably start taking extra food with them.
Then the mama in me comes out, and I get creative and make some fun after school snacks for the little monsters.
The other over used word in our house is pizza. Seriously. The kids ask for it just about every other night. I’m starting to think they just like to say the word. Or they are just super boring in their food choices.
Not that I blame them. Pizza is one of my favorite foods too. I just don’t want to eat it all the time because I like all the foods.
Since they love pizza so much, I have made quite a few after school snacks that were all about pizza. These stuffed crust pepperoni pizza bites were a huge hit, and our daughter asks for them all the time. A batch of these easy pepperoni cheese pretzels were another fun one that they liked too.
I know that if it has pepperoni, cheese, and some type of a crust, the kids are going to love it. So, I decided to make some little sandwiches for them to enjoy last week.
These little pepperoni parmesan chicken rolls are a great appetizer or after school snack.
Here are some great tips to remember when you are making your sandwiches.
- Preheat your oven and set out all your ingredients before you get started.
- Unroll the dough and separate each one.
- Spoon the homemade pizza sauce onto the wide end of the rolls.
- Top each one with a frozen chicken tender, some pepperoni, and a slice of mozzarella cheese.
- Fold the smaller end over the top. You will need to use your finger to hold everything in place because it falls apart easy.
- Roll it all up and place it on a baking sheet with the pizza sauce side on the bottom.
- As soon as the rolls come out of the oven, brush them with melted butter and sprinkle some seasonings and cheese on top.
- Serve warm with the remainder of the pizza sauce.
- Taco Snack Mix from Shugary Sweets
- Buffalo Chicken Cups from Wine and Glue
- After School Snack Grilled Cheese Bites from Oh Sweet Basil
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
- 1 - 8 ounce package refrigerated crescent rolls
- 8 frozen chicken tenders
- 1 batch homemade pizza sauce
- 24 pepperonis
- 4 ounce block mozzarella cheese, cut into 8 slices
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Open the crescent rolls and separate into 8 triangles.
- Spoon a teaspoon of pizza sauce on the wide end of the triangle.
- Top with a chicken tender, 3 pepperonis, and a slice of cheese.
- Roll up and place on a baking sheet with the sauce side down. Bake for 22-24 minutes.
- Stir together the parmesan cheese, oregano, and garlic powder.
- Remove the rolls from the oven and brush with the butter. Sprinkle each one with the cheese mixture. Serve immediately.
*Cover the pan with a piece of foil if you notice your rolls getting too dark. Do not under bake them, or the inside will be slightly doughy.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 322Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 59mgSodium: 671mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 14g