These Pumpkin Spice Latte Cupcakes are a great copycat of the popular Starbucks fall drink. The pumpkin, coffee, and spices go together so well. And who can resist cute pumpkin cupcakes with a fun green straw?
So a few weeks ago, my family and I had a chance to go see Hillsong Live in concert. It was amazing being in a room with that many people just praising and worshiping our God.
I think my favorite part of the night was when the lead singer had them turn off all the lights in the room, and then he asked the audience to turn on their cell phone lights and hold them up.
That many lights together were able to shine out and make the room bright enough to see again. It was a great reminder to keep on being a light in the dark world that we live in.
It is easy to get discouraged by all the things that go on around us from day to day, but God is mighty to save and He has conquered the grave to give us a light to shine.
I know I am so thankful that God loves me know matter what failures and fears I have in this life. I mess up on a daily basis, but Jesus is always there to encourage me and love me without fail.
What an honor it is to be able to shine like a light to those around me. The song that Hillsong sang next was Mighty to Save. It is one of my favorite songs that we sing in our church. (You can click the name of the song to hear it, if you are interested.) I am so thankful for a mighty God!!!
As we were driving home from the concert, we passed through a small town. I could see their town sign in the distance, and I swear it looked just like a giant cupcake with writing. I turned to my husband and asked him if he saw “the cupcake”.
Of course, he just thought I was a little crazy. Then he just laughed and asked how long it had been since I had eaten cupcakes.
I guess if I am seeing giant cupcakes in the dark, it has been waaaaay too long since eating my last one. I needed to make cupcakes right away!
Now that it is September and Starbucks pumpkin spice lattes are all the rage, I decided to make a copycat version of the drink as a pumpkin cupcake.
Pumpkin and coffee just go together so well. These pumpkin spice cupcakes was light with a certain dense quality from the pumpkin. But I have to tell you, it was the whipped coffee frosting that really made this cupcake.
It was so light and fluffy…I just wanted to sit in my kitchen and eat all of it with a spoon.
How to make Pumpkin Spice Latte Cupcakes:
- Combine the cake mix, pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, coffee, and spices in a bowl and mix.
- Spoon the batter evenly into 24 cupcake liners, bake, and cool.
- Heat the white chocolate and cream in a saucepan until melted and smooth. Remove and let cool.
- Whisk together water and instant coffee, then add butter and beat until creamy.
- Pour in the cooled white chocolate mixture and beat again until creamy.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar
Since we had a picnic to attend, I topped the easy pumpkin cupcakes with the white chocolate mocha frosting right away. And of course, little mini green straws were the absolute perfect extra touch! (Yes, I know latte’s do NOT come with straws…just humor me!)
Other delicious Starbucks inspired cupcakes you may like:
- Caramel Caffe Mocha Cupcakes
- Salted Caramel Mocha Brownie Cups
- Toffee Mocha Cupcakes
- Eggnog Latte Cupcakes
- S’mores Frappuccino Cupcakes
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also have a fun Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
For the Cupcakes
- 1 box spice cake mix
- 1 - 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/3 cup brewed coffee, cooled
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
For the Frosting
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 6 ounces baking white chocolate squares, chopped
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place 24 cupcake liners in a pan.
- Combine the cake mix, pumpkin, eggs, oil, coffee, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a mixing bowl. Beat on low for 1 minute, and beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Spoon evenly into the cupcake liners. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Cool completely
- Stir the hot water and instant coffee until dissolved. Set aside.
- Heat the white chocolate and heavy cream over low-medium heat until melted and smooth. Let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Place the butter and coffee mixture into a bowl and beat for 1-2 minutes.
- Slowly pour in the melted chocolate mixture and beat until creamy.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar and cinnamon on low speed. Increase the speed to high and and beat until thick and fluffy. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Use a piping bag and icing tip 2D to frost cupcakes. Keep refrigerated. Makes 24 cupcakes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.