Layers of cookies, white chocolate cheesecake, and fresh fruit make these Red White and Blue Parfaits perfect for 4th of July picnics. This delicious no bake dessert is easy for anyone to make in minutes.
Be sure to add a batch of these chocolate cheesecake parfaits for the chocolate lover in the group too.
Cheesecake is our go to dessert when we need something fancy and delicious to take to dinner parties. But sometimes it is just too hot to turn on the oven, so that's when no bake desserts come in handy.
No bake cheesecake parfaits are so easy to make because you do not need to have any baking skills. Some of our favorites are these peanut butter and pina colada parfaits.
Since 4th of July is just around the corner, I decided to make a white chocolate parfait using red and blue fruit.
Why Make Cheesecake Parfaits
Red white and blue parfaits are the perfect patriotic treat. They are easy to make, and everyone loves how fancy they look.
Layers of white cheesecake, red strawberries, and blue blueberries are the perfect way to show your American pride at dessert. These cheesecake cups will be the hit of any 4th of July party or picnic.
Chocolate covered strawberries decorated with star sprinkles and a little paper flag add the perfect extra touch to the top of each parfait.
The layers in this cheesecake parfait recipe come together quickly. They are perfect because you do not need any special equipment or ingredients.
- Oatmeal Cookies - The store bought crunchy ones work best. Golden Oreos or graham cracker crumbs would be another great option.
- Cream Cheese - Make sure to set it out ahead of time so it is room temperature when you go to mix it.
- Powdered Sugar - Sweetens the no bake cheesecake filling.
- Vanilla Extract - Adds a great flavor. If you want to make the parfaits lemon flavored, use a little bit of lemon juice instead.
- White Chocolate Melting Wafers - Used to give the mousse a delicious white chocolate flavor. We love using the Ghirardelli melts for the filling and dipping the strawberries in.
- Cool Whip - This gives the no bake cheesecake a fluffy mousse texture. You can also make 3 cups of this homemade whipped cream, if you prefer that instead.
- Fruit - Diced strawberries and blueberries make this red white and blue dessert so pretty. You could also use pie filling instead of fruit. This strawberry pie filling and blueberry filling would also be a great option.
How to Make Red White and Blue Parfaits
The layers in this red white and blue cheesecake parfaits come together so quickly. It is a fun and easy dessert that kids of all ages will love for fourth of July.
Make the Cookie Crust
- Crush the cookies into crumbs using a food processor. You could also use a plastic bag and rolling pin to crush the cookies.
- Divide the cookie crumbs evenly in the bottom of seven 5-ounce cups or glasses.
BRUCREW TIP: You can find small condiment cups in the paper goods aisle at Walmart. They also come with a lid, so you can pack the cheesecake cups in a cooler or basket and add the toppings later, if you want.
Make White Chocolate Cheesecake
- Beat the softened cream cheese, sugar, and extract in a large bowl until creamy.
- Add the remaining melted chocolate to the cream cheese mixture and beat again.
- Fold in Cool Whip gently.
Assemble Cheesecake Parfaits
- Layer the no bake cheesecake and fresh fruit in the parfait cups.
- Spoon Cool Whip into a piping bag fitted with icing tip 1M and add a swirl to the top of each cheesecake cup.
- Place a chocolate covered strawberry and flag pick on top right before serving.
How to Make Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Dipping fresh strawberries in white chocolate and adding sprinkles makes a fun decoration for the top of cakes, pies, or cheesecake parfaits.
- Melt the white chocolate melting wafers in the microwave according to the package directions.
- Dip seven whole dry strawberries into the chocolate and set on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place one tablespoon of the melted chocolate into a plastic Ziplock baggie and cut one tip off.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the dipped strawberries and add red, white, and blue star sprinkles.
- Let set completely before moving.
- Store at room temperature for one day or place in the refrigerate uncovered overnight if you are making them ahead.
BRUCREW TIP: Make sure the strawberries are completely dry and at room temperature before dipping. Homemade chocolate covered strawberries are best served within 12 hours because the juice from the strawberries will start to break down the chocolate coating.
Tips and Tricks
- Set the cream cheese out ahead of time, so it is easier to beat into a creamy filling.
- Using a food processor is the easiest way to crush the Oreos into fine crumbs.
- Use a piping bag to add the cheesecake filling to the clear parfait cups cleanly. A ziplock baggie would work too. Spoon the filling into a large bag and cut one corner off, so you can squeeze it in easily.
- Making the parfaits ahead of time? Wait to assemble the layers until a few hours before serving.
Yes, these little cheesecake cups can be made up to 24 hours ahead of time. The crust will start to soften and get soggy the longer they sit though, so I do not recommend making them days ahead.
You can use any fruit that you like in these white chocolate parfaits. Have fun creating delicious combos like peaches and blackberries or crushed pineapple and strawberries. Canned pie filling would also be a great option.
More 4th of July Desserts
- 4th of July Cupcakes
- Strawberry Fluff
- Red White and Blue Cheesecake
- Fruit Dip recipe
- Berry Pretzel Dessert
- No Bake Strawberry Pie
- 4th of July Rice Krispie Treats
Love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please leave a 5 star ⭐️ rating and/or a review in the comments section further below.
*The post for No Bake White Chocolate Cheesecake Parfaits was first published May 2018. It was updated June 2022.
Leave a Reply