This easy Strawberry Cheesecake Poke Cake topped with a fluffy cheesecake mousse, graham cracker crumbs, and fresh strawberries will make you the star of every summer picnic.
By now you know that I am slightly obsessed with poke cakes. It all started with this chocolate coconut cake years ago, and I haven't been able to stop making them. Or eating them...
There is just something about the chilled cake drizzled with milk and topped with a fluffy mousse frosting that gets me every single time.
Why Make a Poke Cake
If you love tres leches cake, you will adore a strawberry poke cake. They have the same gooey consistency.
- Easy to make. All you need are a few store bought ingredients to make a cake that everyone will enjoy.
- Gooey and delicious. Sweetened condensed milk and strawberry topping add a moist and amazing texture to the soft cake.
- Great spring or summer dessert. The strawberry flavor and cheesecake topping will make this sweet cake disappear at any party, picnic, or event.
So, take our word for it and make this strawberry cheesecake poke cake for your family this week. I think they will love it just as much as we did.
What is a Poke Cake?
It's exactly like it sounds. You bake the cake and then poke it with a fork or the end of a wooden spoon. After you have a cake full of holes, you drizzle it with sweetened condensed milk and top it with Cool Whip.
Here are some other things that you can pour on poke cakes. Basically any liquid that you can pour and that will soak into the warm cake is fair game.
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Cream of Coconut
- Peanut Butter
- Pureed fruit
How to make a Strawberry Cheesecake Poke Cake
This strawberry cheesecake poke cake gets an extra shot of strawberry from the strawberry ice cream topping. And adding pudding and cream cheese to the container of Cool Whip takes it over the top. It is seriously so delicious!
- Bake a strawberry cake mix according to the box directions. Remove from the oven and let cool 5 minutes.
- Use a fork to poke holes all over the top of the cake. Slowly drizzle a can of sweetened condensed milk over the top. Let it soak in.
- Pour a jar of strawberry ice cream topping on top of the cake. Use a spatula to smooth it out and press it into the holes. Refrigerate until completely chilled.
- Beat cream cheese until creamy. Whisk together milk and instant cheesecake pudding mix; let set. Beat into the cream cheese.
- Fold in Cool Whip and spread over the top of the chilled cake.
- Right before serving, sprinkle with graham cracker chunks and top with strawberry slices.
More Poke Cake Recipes
- Chocolate S'mores Pudding Cake
- Strawberry Fudge Poke Cake
- White Chocolate Caramel Poke Cake
- Coconut Fudge Poke Cake
- White Chocolate Berry Pudding Cake
Do you love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please leave a 5-star ⭐️ rating and a review in the comments section below.
*The post for Strawberry Cheesecake Poke Cake was first published on July 2013. The photos and post was updated and republished July 2020.