Pockets of pudding and fresh berries make this easy White Chocolate Berry Pudding Cake a delicious and sweet treat. It’s the perfect dessert for a picnic or party on a hot summer day!
*Make sure you don’t miss any recipes. Sign up for the free BruCrew email to have the recipes sent to your inbox.
It’s hard to believe that I have been blogging for so many years. Some days it feels like I just started, and then other days it feels like it’s been forever. I have seen so many different changes in how things are done online over the years.
Social media has definitely evolved the most over the past few years. There are so many things that you have to do now in order to have your recipes and stories seen by anyone. Of course, there is just no way to keep up with all of it as a one person business. So, I pick and choose my favorite medias and let the others slide.
I get two questions about blogging all the time. Do you still enjoy writing stories and how do you keep coming up with new recipes? The answer is yes, and I can’t stop thinking of new things to make.
Every time I get a new idea for a recipe I put it into my notes on my phone or on a sheet of paper on my desk. At the moment, I could probably blog for another 10 years based on all the notes I have stashed everywhere.
My brain just can’t stop thinking of fun new desserts and dinners. Most times they are totally new and original, and some times they are just a fun twist on a classic like this poke cake.
What is a poke cake?
Well, a poke cake is exactly what it sounds like. After the cake has finished baking, you use a fork or a wooden spoon handle to POKE holes all over the top of the cake.
This makes holes in the cake for whatever filling you are pouring on top to soak in better.
Common things to pour over poke cakes:
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Cream of Coconut
- Melted Frosting
- Warm Peanut Butter
- Fruit Puree
Basically any liquid that you can pour and that will soak into the warm cake is fair game.
A few years ago I made this easy Lemon Strawberry Poke Cake and shared a video on Facebook. I had no idea that it was going to go so crazy over there. You guys really love your lemon and strawberry desserts.
Although, there were quite a few people who said they would like to see a blueberry version. Of course, right away I started brainstorming how I could change up this poke cake to incorporate blueberries.
I had a white chocolate pudding mix and a vanilla cake mix already in our pantr. Blueberry pie filling and fresh blueberries on top were my first choice. Until I got to the store and found a few cans of mixed berry pie filling.
Right then and there, I decided to change up the topping, so I could use a bunch of different berries on top.
Using red AND blue berries makes this pudding cake perfect for 4th of July picnics. This Strawberry Cheesecake Poke Cake is another fun red, white, and blue dessert that I love making for summer picnics.
How to make a White Chocolate Berry Pudding Cake:
- Make your cake mix just like the box directions say. Let it cool about 5 minutes after you pull it out of the oven.
- Use the handle of a wooden spoon to poke holes all over the top of the hot cake. That’s exactly how this fun cake got it’s name.
- Whisk together the pudding and milk and let it set up for 1-2 minutes. Then slowly pour it over the top of the cake. Use the back of a spoon to push the pudding down into the holes.
- Chill the pudding poke cake in the fridge for a few hours.
- Gently stir together an entire container of Cool Whip and a can of pie filling. It makes the easiest and fluffiest frosting for this type of cake. Spread it on top.
- Sprinkle the fresh berries on top. Feel free to use more or less berries. I left a few spaces in the topping because I wanted to add white chocolate curls too.
- Use a veggie peeler to gently create little curls and flakes from a white chocolate baking bar. Sprinkle those on top right before serving.
Boom! Easy peasy dessert with just a few ingredients. Gotta love a fresh summer dessert loaded with lots of berry goodness!
More easy poke cake recipes
- Orange Creamsicle Poke Cake
- Coconut Fudge Poke Cake
- Strawberry Coconut Poke Cake
- Raspberry Hazelnut Poke Cake
- Chocolate Coconut Cake
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
- 1 white cake mix
- 3.4 ounce instant white chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1 - 8 ounce container Cool Whip, thawed
- 21 ounce can Mixed Berry pie filling
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 3/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries
- 2 ounce white chocolate bakers bar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 pan with nonstick baking spray.
- Make and bake the cake mix according to the package directions. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Use the handle of a wooden spoon to poke holes all over the warm cake.
- Whisk together the pudding mix and milk. Let set for 1-2 minutes. Pour over the top of the cake and use a spatula to push the pudding into the holes.
- Let cool another 10 minutes, then refrigerate until completely chilled.
- Stir together the Cool Whip and pie filling gently. Spread on top of the chilled cake.
- Add the berries to the top of the cake and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Use a veggie peeler to shave the chocolate bar into small curls and pieces. Sprinkle on the cake right before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 146Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 130mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 2gSugar: 13gProtein: 2g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.
*The post for White Chocolate Berry Pudding Cake was first published on June 14, 2017. The post was updated and republished June 2, 2020.