It is so easy to make a box cake mix taste like a decadent dessert. This Strawberry Fudge Poke Cake is so delicious…you won’t want to stop after one piece.
Last year I made this Chocolate Coconut Cake. It was my first poke cake using sweetened condensed milk. The only poke cakes I had ever made before were with a pudding or jello mix. The sweetened condensed milk over the cake was absolutely delicious. Something about a cold gooey cake topped with Cool Whip just satisfies every dessert craving in me. Then I waited an entire year to make another one. What was I thinking?
A few weeks ago I made this Coconut Fudge Poke Cake, and I remembered why I loved this cake so much. It got me thinking of what other combos I could do with this cake. And really, the ideas are still coming. But this one stuck out in my mind and I had to go buy all the ingredients right away.
One thing that I love about this cake is how easy it is to make. Only 5 ingredients/packages!!! Ok, a few more because you also need eggs and oil to make the cake. All you need is a cake mix, sweetened condensed milk, a can of frosting, a can of pie filling, and Cool Whip. That’s it! I just love easy peasy desserts.
Hurry! Run to the nearest grocery store and buy these 5 items, so you can have Strawberry Fudge Poke Cake in your refrigerator too. I promise you are going to love it!!!
- 1 dark Chocolate Fudge cake mix
- 1 - 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 container chocolate frosting
- 1 can strawberry pie filling
- 1 - 8 ounce container Cool Whip, thawed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 pan with nonstick spray.
- Prepare the cake according to the box directions. Bake for 25-27 minutes. As soon as the cake comes out of the oven, poke the cake with a fork all over. Make sure you cover the cake with holes.
- Drizzle the sweetened condensed milk slowly over the top of the hot cake. Make sure to fill all the holes. Let the cake sit on a cooling rack until cool.
- Remove the foil top of frosting. Place in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and spoon over cooled cake. Spread over the entire top. Refrigerate for a few hours or until chilled completely.
- Open the can of pie filling. Use a fork to break apart the strawberry chunks. Fold into the Cool Whip.
- Spread the strawberry Cool Whip over the top of the cake. Keep refrigerated.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 137Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 56mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 0gSugar: 18gProtein: 2g
Here a few more ways we like to enjoy Strawberries.