This Strawberry Fudge Poke Cake is made with just a few ingredients and will be a hit at all your summer picnics. The sweet, refreshing cake will have everyone asking for more.
Why You Will Love Chocolate Poke Cake
If you're a fan of strawberries and chocolate, you'll love this recipe for a strawberry fudge poke cake. It's a delicious twist on the classic poke cake, with the addition of a rich and creamy fudge filling that goes great with the strawberry topping.
- Irresistible - The combination of sweet and tangy strawberry flavor with rich and creamy fudge is so good.
- Moist - The poke cake technique allows the filling to seep into the cake, making it moist and flavorful.
- Bursting with Flavor - The fudge and strawberry topping adds a burst of fruity freshness to the cake.
- Beautiful Dessert - The pink topping, the dark fudge filling, and the chocolate cake make for an eye-catching dessert.
A few years ago I made this chocolate coconut cake. It was my first poke cake using sweetened condensed milk. The only poke cakes I had ever made before had pudding or Jello drizzled over the top.
A few weeks ago I made this coconut fudge poke cake, and I remembered why I loved poke cakes so much. Now I can't stop thinking about different combos to try.
What is a Poke Cake
True to the name, it is a cake that is poked with a fork or wooden spoon immediately after taking it out of the oven. The holes are then filled with with a liquid or filling that infuses flavor into the cake.
The cake is then refrigerated while the liquid soaks into the cake making it ooey, gooey, and oh, so delicious.
Here are some of the common things you can pour over a poke cake.
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Cream of Coconut
- Peanut Butter
- Pureed fruit
How to make a Strawberry Fudge Poke Cake
One thing that I love about this chocolate poke cake is how easy it is to make. You only need five simple ingredients to put it together this afternoon.
- Mix together your favorite chocolate cake batter in a bowl and bake it. I always use a cake mix for these cakes, but you can also do homemade if you prefer. (full recipe at bottom of post)
- As soon as the cake comes out of the oven, use a fork to poke holes all over the top of the cake. Go slowly so it doesn't pull apart the cake.
- Slowly drizzle an entire can of sweetened condensed milk over the top of the cake. Let the cake cool on a wire rack for an hour.
- Open the can of fudge frosting, remove the metal liner, and microwave 30 seconds. Stir and pour the chocolate frosting over the top of the cake.
- Spread the frosting out evenly and refrigerate the chocolate poke cake until completely chilled.
- Dump a can of strawberry pie filling into a bowl. Use a fork to break apart the big chunks of strawberries.
- Fold a container of thawed Cool Whip into the pie filling. Spread on top of the chilled cake.
- Serve with fresh strawberries.
Hurry! Run to the nearest grocery store and buy these 5 items, so you can have a Strawberry Fudge Poke Cake in your refrigerator too. I promise you are going to love it!!!
More Poke Cake Recipes
- Raspberry Poke Cake
- Peanut Butter Poke Cake
- Coconut Poke Cake
- Chocolate Caramel Poke Cake
- Strawberry Cheesecake Poke Cake
Do you love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please leave a 5-star ⭐️ rating and a review in the comments section below.
*The post for Strawberry Fudge Poke Cake was first published May 26, 2013. The photos and post were updated and republished June 16, 2020.