Do you remember this delicious looking Strawberry Chocolate Cheesecake that I shared from Mother’s Day?
Honest, I didn’t mean to hold out on you for the recipe…well, maybe I did. But I had a really good reason…
Yup, you got it. Red, white, and blue + chocolate!!!
I just HAD to wait to share this recipe for this week you know being close to July 4th and all.
Believe me, this was the best cheesecake my hubby and I have ever created. This one combined: my love for a chocolate cheesecake, hubby’s love for strawberry pie, and both our loves for cheesecake!
Now quit licking your computer screen and let’s get baking!
*disclaimer* I cannot be held responsible for any clothing items that don’t fit properly after you can’t stop eating this highly delicious cheesecake.
For the Crust
- 2 cups crushed Oreo cookies(with filling)
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
For the Chocolate Layer
- 1 - 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
For the Vanilla Layer
- 2 - 8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
For the Strawberry Layer
- 4 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 - 3 ounce box strawberry Jello
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place a large cookie sheet on the very bottom rack and fill it halfway with water.
- Mix the crust ingredients together and press into 10-inch springform pan. Set aside.
- In a saucepan stir chocolate chips over low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
- Cube cream cheese and add to chocolate. Stir until melted and creamy. Stir in milk and vanilla until smooth.
- Add 2 lightly beaten eggs and stir. Spread over prepared crust. Set aside.
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth. Blend in sugar and sour cream. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Very carefully spoon over chocolate layer and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until top is set when slightly shaken. Cool on wire rack for one hour. Do not run a knife around the edge of the pan. Cover. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Mix water, sugar, and cornstarch in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until it comes to a boil. Boil 1 minute.
- Lower heat and add dry Jello. Stir until dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- Place strawberries on top of cheesecake. Pour cooled Jello over strawberries. Refrigerate until set.
- Run a knife around the outside edge of the cheesecake, and then remove the outside ring from the springform pan.
- Serve the cheesecake with Cool Whip and extra strawberries, if desired.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 603 Total Fat: 35g Saturated Fat: 18g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 14g Cholesterol: 116mg Sodium: 327mg Carbohydrates: 70g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 54g Protein: 8g