Make this Almond Cherry Chip Cheesecake for dessert and watch everyone swoon. The creamy almond flavored cheesecake loaded with cherries and chocolate makes the a delicious holiday dessert.
Slowly, but surely, I am making every cheesecake idea that I wrote down when I was planning and creating recipes for my cookbook, Cheesecake Love. I only had room to add so many recipes to that book.
So, now I have lists and lists that I want to make and share with you guys. But one can only test and eat so much cheesecake, so I have been trying to space these recipes out by only making one full sized cheesecake each month.
The ladies in my Bible study do not mind when I show up with my latest cheesecake creations. In fact, this one got rave reviews when I shared it with them last month.
To give this cheesecake a little extra chocolate goodness, I made a thick chocolate graham cracker crust. You could also do an Oreo crust like in this Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake, if you prefer that instead.
With Valentine’s day right around the corner, I decided to give this Orange Cream Cheesecake a fun twist.
The bright color pop from the maraschino cherries makes this the prettiest holiday cheesecake. It would be great for Valentine’s Day, Easter, Fourth of July, Memorial Day, Labor Day, and Christmas.
How to make an Almond Cherry Chip Cheesecake:
- Mix together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter until combined. Press evenly into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar and creamy. Add sour cream, extracts, heavy cream, and flour and mix again.
- Add the eggs one at a time until combined.
- Drain and pat the cherries dry. Dice and pat dry again. Sprinkle with flour.
- Stir the cherries and chocolate chips into the batter gently, then pour onto the crust.
- Bake for one hour. Remove and add topping, then bake an additional 5 minutes. (scroll to bottom for full recipe)
Adding different toppings to the top of a cheesecake is a fun way to make it look like it came from a bakery.
Topping Ideas for Cheesecakes:
- Cool Whip
- Homemade Whipped Cream
- Cherries with Stems
- Chocolate Chips or Curls
Using a piping bag and icing tip 1M will give the whipped cream that professional look. Then have fun adding your favorite toppings to the top of each swirl.
More full-sized cheesecake recipes:
- Vanilla Bean Cheesecake
- Banana Pudding Cheesecake
- Caramel Cashew Cheesecake
- Funfetti Cheesecake
- Apple Crisp Cheesecake
Easy cheesecake bars:
- Chocolate Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Bars
- Peanut Butter Nutella Cheesecake Bars
- Rainbow Vanilla Cheesecake Bars
- Blueberry Key Lime Cheesecake Bars
- Brownie Swirled Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also created a fun new Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
For the Crust
- 2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 7 Tablespoons butter, melted
For the Cheesecake
- 3 - 8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup flour + 1 Tablespoon
- 3 large eggs
- 1 - 16 ounce jar maraschino cherries, drained and quartered
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
For the Topping
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 - 8 ounce container Cool Whip, thawed
- 12 maraschino cherries with stems
- 2 Tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1 Tablespoon mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place a large sheet pan on the very bottom rack of the oven and fill halfway with water.
- Line the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper.
- Mix together the crumbs, sugar, and melted butter until combined. Press evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan. Set aside.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar until light and creamy. Add the sour cream, extracts, heavy cream, and 1/4 cup flour and beat again.
- Beat the eggs in one at a time, mixing until just combined. Make sure not to over beat the batter.
- Pat the diced cherries dry and sprinkle with the remaining 1 Tablespoon flour. Stir the cherries and chocolate chips into the batter very gently.
- Pour the batter onto the prepared crust and place the pan on the oven rack directly over the steaming pan of water. Bake for 60 minutes.
- Stir together the sour cream, sugar, and extracts. As soon as the cheesecake is done, remove the pan from the oven. Spread the topping on the top evenly and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and place on a wire rack. Cool for 5 minutes, then run a knife around the outside edge of the cheesecake to loosen it from the pan. Let cool for 1-2 hours on the counter, then refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Loosen the bottom of the spring form pan; remove the cheesecake and place it on a serving plate.
- Spoon Cool Whip into a piping bag fitted with icing tip #1M and swirl around the outside edge.
- Add a cherry with a stem to each swirl and sprinkle with almond slices and mini chocolate chips.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 14 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 709Total Fat: 44gSaturated Fat: 25gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 129mgSodium: 420mgCarbohydrates: 75gFiber: 3gSugar: 58gProtein: 9g