Adding a white chocolate glaze and chocolate drizzles makes this homemade Zebra Brownies recipe a fun treat for lunch boxes or after school snacks.
PIN IT NOW TO SAVE THE RECIPE FOR LATER!
So, I just can’t make plain brownies anymore. Baking all the time has kind of made me into a dessert freak, I think. Add lots of candies and chocolates to all the baking is my motto!
My son has learned that if he wants a brownie with absolutely nothing adding into it or on top of it, he has to take matters into his own hands. Of course, I was more than willing to teach him how to make a box of brownies when he needs that plain boring brownie goodness in his life.
A few weeks ago I was at the grocery store and I saw the new Little Debbie Zebra Brownies on the shelf with all the other snack cakes! My kids love Zebra Cakes, so I just knew they would love the brownies too.
But I decided that my Homemade Chocolate Chip Brownies would make a better base for those fun chocolate stripes, so I decided to make a copycat recipe right then and there.
These fudge brownies come together so quickly, and they really do taste so much better than the boxed or store bought ones.
How to make Homemade Zebra Brownies:
- Melt butter in a saucepan or microwave and whisk in cocoa powder. I prefer to use dark cocoa powder in almost all of my baking, but you can use whatever you have on hand.
- Beat the sugar, eggs, and vanilla for a few minutes. You want them to be light and frothy.
- Whisk the melted butter mixture into the eggs and beat again.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Spread in a greased pan and bake.
Now you could stop there and eat the homemade brownies, and honestly, my son would tell you that these plain brownies are the best in the world!!
But you know I can’t do that, so adding a white chocolate glaze with chocolate drizzles had to happen! I shared these Zebra Brownies with some friends at church, and the pan came home empty. I think it is safe to say they like jazzed up brownies just as much as me!
More easy brownie recipes you may like:
- M&M’s Brownies
- Caramel Milky Way Brownies
- Coconut Nutella Brownies
- Peanut Butter Truffle Brownies
- Salted Caramel Brownies
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also have a Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy cream + 1 Tablespoon, divided
- 2 Tablespoons chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x13 baking pan with foil or parchment paper and spray with non-stick baking spray.
- Place the butter in a pan and melt it over medium heat. Remove from the heat and whisk in the cocoa powder. Let cool.
- Beat the eggs for 2-3 minutes. Add the sugar and vanilla and beat again.
- Whisk 1/2 of the butter mixture into the eggs, and then add the rest of the butter and completely mix in.
- Add the flour, salt, and baking powder and beat until it is mixed together. Spread the batter in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove and cool completely.
- Place the white chocolate chips and 1/4 cup heavy cream in microwave safe bowl. Heat for 30 seconds. Stir and heat again for 15-20 seconds if needed.
- Stir until melted and creamy. Spread over the top of the cooled brownies. Let set.
- Place the chocolate chips and remaining 1 Tablespoon heavy cream in a bowl. Heat for 30 seconds and stir until melted.
- Spoon into a plastic bag and cut one tip off. Drizzle randomly over the top of the brownies. Let set.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 231Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 119mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 1gSugar: 21gProtein: 3g