Raspberry Hot Chocolate Bars

Raspberry Hot Chocolate Bars

Hello, Raspberry Hot Chocolate Bar goodness!

Yes, I like to incorporate chocolate into my breakfast every.single.chance I get!  I don’t see it as any different than adding chocolate chips to muffins.  And I’m not going to apologize for the spots of color in my baked goods.

Lately I have had some not so favorable comments about this Almond Joy Banana Bread…I am fully prepared for the bashing these granola bars will take for the color in them.  Bring it on…it won’t stop me from throwing colored M&M’s into more things.  Actually it just might make me do it more.  I’m kind of like that! ;-)

Raspberry Hot Chocolate Bars

This bar recipe has become my favorite go-to granola bar.  It is so easy to customize it for other flavors.  Last month I had the thought that hot chocolate would be great in them.  Turns out I was right…I only know this because the pan of Peppermint Hot Chocolate granola bars disappeared rather quickly.  Probably from all the “just one more” bites I kept taking.

So, when I started thinking of doing more recipes with hot chocolate, I went to the grocery store and started looking for some other flavors.  As soon as I saw the raspberry flavor, I knew that I had to try that for the bars.  Finding the raspberry M&M’s in the candy aisle was just the icing on the cake….or should I say the chocolate in my bar.  I love these pretty pink and red candies.  They are the perfect color and flavor for Valentine’s day treats.

Raspberry Hot Chocolate Bars

My daughter went to a sleepover last weekend.  It was the perfect “excuse” to bake yet another treat.  Actually I was happy to get these Raspberry Hot Chocolate bars out of the house.  I couldn’t stop eating little bites.  It is possible that I like this version the best out of all the ones I have made.

Let’s just talk about this sleepover for just one minute.  Can you believe my daughter told me to make sure I wore make up when I picked her up?  Apparently I just look better that way.  Ha!  Yes, I walk around my house with no makeup on and sometimes even mismatched clothes.  Or better yet…I have been wearing my tight jeans this week.  My thought is that it will stop me from eating more sweets if I can’t breathe!  It has worked one day so far.

Raspberry Hot Chocolate Bars

Ok, let’s get to the bars because really that’s why you are here right?  To scroll through my ramblings and get to the recipe?

The texture of these bars is soft and chewy.  They aren’t hard and crumbly like the store bought ones.  If you like the hard ones, you could probably bake these an extra 5-10 minutes and get that texture.  But I like all my baked goods to be soft, so I pulled them out of the oven at 22 minutes.  I almost second guessed myself because they looked underdone.     For one split second I thought about baking them longer.  They had an almost undone look to them.

DON”T bake them any longer.  They will set up as they cool and become this perfect chewy granola bar texture.  The raspberry hot chocolate is subtle but definitely there.  The raspberry M&M’s help enhance the raspberry flavor just a little bit more.

If you don’t like that much chocolate on your breakfast goods, go ahead and skip the CandiQuik drizzle.  Like I said, I always look for ways to include chocolate in every meal, but that’s just me.

Raspberry Hot Chocolate Bars

Raspberry Hot Chocolate Bars

These are the perfect on the run bar.  Package them individually in ziplock bags and grab one as you run out the door for school or work.

The only thing you will regret is not grabbing TWO for the road.

Make sure you don’t miss any of the crazy baking by following the BruCrew here:
FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | GOOGLE+ | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM

Raspberry Hot Chocolate Bars

Yield: 12 bars

Raspberry Hot Chocolate Bars

These quick and easy granola bars get their flavor from a raspberry hot chocolate mix and raspberry M&M's.

3/4 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
2 1/2 cups quick oats
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup raspberry Hot Chocolate (I used Land O Lakes)
3/4 cup Raspberry M&M's
1 cup Kraft Chocolate Mini Mallow Bits
3 ounces White CandiQuik melted

1. In a mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar until creamy. Add the vanilla and eggs and beat again. Mix together the flour, oats, and salt and slowly add to the butter mixture. Stir in 1/2 cup of the M&M's and the marshmallow bits.
  2. Spread mixture into a greased 9x13 pan. Press the extra 1/4 cup of M&M's into the top of the batter. Bake at 350* for 22 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
  3. Cut into 12 bars. Drizzle the bars with melted CandiQuik. Let set. Store in a sealed container for up to 5 days.

Want to try a few more of our favorite granola bars?

caramel apple granola bars

Caramel and Apple chunks give these Caramel Apple Bars the perfect texture.

Peppermint Hot Chocolate Granola Bars

Chocolate and Peppermint is always a winner in these Peppermint Hot Chocolate Bars.

Shared with: Show & Share, Whatsits, What’s Cooking, 52 Mantels, Treasures, Party Time, Creative Time Out, Chic & Crafty, Inspiration Gallery, Kitchen Fun, I’m Lovin It, Weekend Potluck, One Creative Weekend, Weekend Wrap Up, Super Sweet, Sundae Scoop,

Comments

Jocelyn, you just keep putting candy in your breakfast foods, I love it! Theses bars sound fantastic.
    As for your daughter, I have this fear of one day showing up (or worse yet, being asked not to show up) at a school function and my kids pretending they don’t know me, lol. I never wear make-up at home and half the time I want to get right in the kitchen, I don’t get dressed until after lunch. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had to answer the door for UPS in my pajamas at 11 am, what they must think of me, hehe.
    Joan@Chocolateandmore recently posted..Cream Cheese MintsMy Profile

• Jocelyn Brubaker says

Since you love it so much, I will keep it up..just for you ;-) I keep waiting for the day one of my kids will totally ignore me too…they will get the biggest hug and kiss if that ever does happen. And it will be right in front of their friends…oh, I can’t wait!!! I usually just ignore the door if I’m still in my pj’s. Most of them just leave the package and I can sneak out and get it! LOL!

• Jocelyn Brubaker says

I think my jaw dropped when she told me her request! I guess at 11 we have now reached the age of caring what others think. It kind of made me laugh though, because I don’t go anywhere without makeup. Apparently she hasn’t noticed that fact!

I agree with Joan! You are such a rebel :) I threaten my daughter with showing up at her class room in an embarrassing outfit or a robe or something if she doesn’t do what she’s supposed to. One day I really will! These bars look incredible, of course. You are awesome!
    Mandy’s Recipe Box recently posted..Totally Tasty TuesdaysMy Profile

• Jocelyn Brubaker says

That is a good threat…I will have to remember that one for the next time my daughter isn’t behaving! I’m sure it will work instantly!!! And I happen to think you are awesome too :-)

I need to start incorporating more chocolate into my breakfast! These bars look SO yummy and perfect for mornings on the go, which lately, seems like every morning lol. And isn’t that hot cocoa DELISH?! The peppermint version is my all-time fave! Now I’m gonna have to peep for the raspberry one!
    Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel recently posted..Almond Sugar Valentine CookiesMy Profile

• Jocelyn Brubaker says

These are the perfect bars to grab for those fast on the go mornings! And of course chocolate is a must :-)

• Jocelyn Brubaker says

What? No fun M&M flavors? That is sad! I would suggest incorporating more chocolate in your breakfast for sure…to make up for no fun flavors!!!

• Jocelyn Brubaker says

Ok Sally! You totally just made my day!!! I adore all your food photography, so to have you like mine is a huge compliment!!! Thank you so much! And yes, these M&M’s are so good!!!

• Jocelyn Brubaker says

haha! I do tend to always be on the lookout for the newest candy flavors. I have seen the raspberry ones at Walmart, Target and some local grocery stores if you are wanting to find them. I recommend getting some even if you are just going to eat them by the handfuls :-)

These are a great combination! I forgot to tell you that I made your Peppermint Hot Chocolate Bars over the Christmas holidays but I substituted the peppermint with Andes Mint Chocolate Chips and I used After Eight Mint Hot Chocolate. My family LOVED them! They were amazing so I bet these will be just as good! :)
    Liz recently posted..Orange & Chocolate MuffinsMy Profile

• Jocelyn Brubaker says

These are the perfect ones to snack on. I hope you are able to find them. Try Walmart, Target, or Walgreens.

• Jocelyn Brubaker says

Thanks girl! I almost got the cherry ones too. But I showed restraint and only bought these ones…for now! We won’t talk about the Reese’s hearts and chocolate hearts that found their way into my cart!!!

• Jocelyn Brubaker says

Love that we posted the same flavors. Your krispie treats look yummy!!! I do need to get some of those hugs. Now I will have to go back to Target…thanks a lot! (I really don’t mind :-) )

• Jocelyn Brubaker says

I am so glad you said you liked the color. After a few negative comments, I was getting bummed. (But it didn’t stop me from baking with color again :-) Yes, I am going to the BYB conference next month. I would love to meet up with you if you go. Keep me posted!!!

• Jocelyn Brubaker says

I’m sure our kids will get over it…of course we will probably never hear the end of it! Maybe more bars like this will keep them quiet???

• Jocelyn Brubaker says

I would say I was sorry…but that would be a small white lie. Thank you so much for your sweet comment! Photography is something I am trying to do better at!!!

• Jocelyn Brubaker says

I hear you…I usually have to buy the candy and bake with it the same day, or else it goes “missing”.