A pan of these No Bake M&M Granola Bars can be on your counter in minutes. These homemade granola bars are so easy to make, and you can use different mix-ins every time you make them.
We are under an extreme heat advisory here in Florida. So, no bake recipes are on repeat all week long.
I decided to clean out the pantry and make some granola bars with whatever I found. Our kids eat granola bars like they are going out of style, so I decided that making my own is cheaper and better than the processed ones I have been feeding them.
I'm not sure if I will ever buy another box from the store again! These were so delicious and easy to make!
Usually when I'm craving something sweet and no bake, I make these Skinny Peanut Butter Granola Bites. They never last long either. But this week I was on a mission for homemade granola bars.
I love being able to throw whatever I have in my cupboard at the time for new varieties! I'm thinking a peanut butter cup version needs to happen ASAP! Right?
I had fun digging through the baskets in our pantry for goodies to use up. I came out with mini M&M's, mini chocolate chips, and mini marshmallow bits! You really can use just about anything.
These homemade granola bars were fantastic, and I can't wait to make more versions.
🥣 How to Make No Bake M&M Granola Bars
- Stir together the oats and cereal in a large bowl and set aside.
- Heat butter, brown sugar, and honey in a sauce pan over medium heat. Stir until melted and mixture begins to bubble.
- Let simmer for 1-2 minutes. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour over oat mixture and stir until everything is coated. Let cool 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in chocolate chips, mini marshmallow bits, and mini M&M's.
- Press firmly in a buttered 8x8 pan. Use wax paper to press it down firmly.
- Sprinkle the top with additional toppings and press in. Let cool completely.
- Place pan in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours; remove and cut into 10 bars.
👩🏻🍳 Tips and Tricks
- These are a soft granola bar, if you keep them out on the counter.
- If you would like a harder granola bar, keep the pan of bars in the refrigerator.
📖 Granola Bar Mix-ins
Change up the flavor of these easy granola bars with other fun ingredients. Here are some of our favorites.
- Dried Fruits - cranberries, raisins, banana chips,
- Freeze Dried Fruits - strawberries, raspberries, blueberries
- Cookies - Oreos, chocolate chip cookies, Nutter Butters
- Nuts & Seeds - walnuts, pecans, peanuts, pepitas, sunflower seeds, chia seeds
- Candy - Reese's Pieces, peanut butter cups, M&M's
- Spreads - peanut butter, Biscoff, Nutella, almond butter
- Others - toffee bits, pretzels, caramel bits
💭 Recipe FAQ'S
Use a piece of wax paper and press down on the mixture very firmly. The harder you press them into the pan will help them stay firm later.
Let the mixture cool completely before cutting it into ten even bars. Store in a tightly sealed container on the counter or in the fridge.
📋 More Granola Bar Recipes
- No Bake Chocolate Granola Bar Bites
- Cappuccino Chip Granola Bars
- No Bake Fruity Pebbles Granola Bars
- No Bake Nutella S'mores Granola Bars
- Caramel Apple Granola Bars
- White Chocolate Caramel Granola Bars
- Thin Mint Granola Bars
- Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate Granola Bars
- Biscoff Bars
Love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please leave a 5 star ⭐️ rating and/or a review in the comments section further below.
*The post for No Bake M&M Granola Bars was first published June 25, 2012. The photos and post were updated and republished June 25, 2020.