A pan of these No Bake M&M Granola Bars can be on your counter in minutes. These homemade granola bars are so easy to make, and you can use different mix-ins every time you make them.
We are under an extreme heat advisory here in Florida. So, no bake recipes are on repeat all week long.
I decided to clean out the pantry and make some granola bars with whatever I found. Our kids eat granola bars like they are going out of style, so I decided that making my own is cheaper and better than the processed ones I have been feeding them.
I’m not sure if I will ever buy another box from the store again! These were so delicious and easy to make!
Usually when I’m craving something sweet and no bake, I make these Skinny Peanut Butter Granola Bites. They never last long either. But this week I was on a mission for homemade granola bars.
I love being able to throw whatever I have in my cupboard at the time for new varieties! I’m thinking a peanut butter cup version needs to happen ASAP! Right?
I had fun digging through the baskets in our pantry for goodies to use up. I came out with mini M&M’s, mini chocolate chips, and mini marshmallow bits!
You really can use just about anything though.
Granola Bar Mix-ins:
- Dried Fruits – cranberries, raisins, banana chips,
- Freeze Dried Fruits – strawberries, raspberries, blueberries
- Cookies – Oreos, chocolate chip cookies, Nutter Butters
- Nuts & Seeds – walnuts, pecans, peanuts, pepitas, sunflower seeds, chia seeds
- Candy – Reese’s Pieces, peanut butter cups, M&M’s
- Spreads – peanut butter, Biscoff, Nutella, almond butter
- Others – toffee bits, pretzels, caramel bits
These homemade granola bars were fantastic, and I can’t wait to make more versions.
How to make No Bake M&M Granola Bars:
- Stir together the oats and cereal in a large bowl and set aside. (full recipe at bottom of post)
- Heat butter, brown sugar, and honey in a sauce pan over medium heat. Stir until melted and mixture begins to bubble.
- Let simmer for 1-2 minutes. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour over oat mixture and stir until everything is coated. Let cool 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in chocolate chips, mini marshmallow bits, and mini M&M’s.
- Press firmly in a buttered 8×8 pan. Use wax paper to press it down firmly.
- Sprinkle the top with additional toppings and press in. Let cool completely.
- Place pan in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours; remove and cut into 10 bars.
How do homemade granola bars keep their shape?
- Use a piece of wax paper and press down on the mixture very firmly. The harder you press them into the pan will help them stay firm later.
- Let the mixture cool completely before cutting it into ten even bars. Store in a tightly sealed container on the counter or in the fridge.
These are a soft granola bar if you keep them out on the counter.
PRO TIP: If you would like a harder granola bar, keep the pan of bars in the refrigerator.
More no bake granola bar recipes:
- No Bake Chocolate Granola Bar Bites
- Cappuccino Chip Granola Bars
- No Bake Fruity Pebbles Granola Bars
- No Bake Nutella S’mores Granola Bars
Other baked granola bars that you may like:
- Caramel Apple Granola Bars
- White Chocolate Caramel Granola Bars
- Thin Mint Granola Bars
- Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate Granola Bars
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Be sure to follow us on our social media, so you never miss a post.
I also created a fun new Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup Rice Krispies cereal
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mini M&M’s
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallow bits
- Butter an 8x8 pan.
- Combine the oats and cereal and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar and honey. Stir over medium heat until melted and the mixture begins to bubble.
- Reduce heat and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the vanilla.
- Add the oats mixture and stir until coated. Let cool for a 5 minutes before stirring in all the mix-ins.
- Press into the prepared pan. Use a piece of parchment paper to press it down so everything sticks together.
- Let cool on the counter for 2 hours. Refrigerate 1-2 hours before cutting into 10 bars.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 251Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 63mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 2gSugar: 26gProtein: 3g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.
*The post for No Bake M&M Granola Bars was first published June 25, 2012. The photos and post were updated and republished June 25, 2020.