Skinny Peanut Butter Granola Bites

These Skinny Peanut Butter Granola Bites are a healthy snack to munch on when you are trying to cut out a little extra sugar from your diet.

Skinny Peanut Butter Granola Bites from www.insidebrucrewlife.com - easy no bake granola bites that are light and healthy

Yes, you read that right.

I have totally and completely jumped on the skinny bandwagon.  (But don’t worry…I have a few other recipes that I will have to jump off the wagon so I can share with you soon!)

It is the beginning of the year after all, and everyone is doing their best to stick to those healthy eating goals.  I don’t want to be the one to make you stumble, plus I am doing my best to cut some of the excess sugar out of my diet too.  When I have brownies and cookies in my kitchen, my sweet tooth is stronger than my will power.

So, I made a sweet little snack that is lower in calories and higher in fiber and protein to pacify my sweet tooth with.

Skinny Peanut Butter Granola Bites from www.insidebrucrewlife.com - healthy and easy granola bites
I took one of my no bake granola bar recipes and removed the sugar and added some peanut butter.  The honey is all you need to sweet these bites with.  Basically the old recipe looks nothing like the new, and these are way softer.  I’m a fan of soft snacks.

Now I did add some mini chocolate chips because this is me we are talking about.  Plus, chocolate is an anti-oxidant right?  Totally still healthy :-)

Skinny Peanut Butter Granola Bites from www.insidebrucrewlife.com - healthy NO BAKE granola bites are perfect to snack on each day
No bake, healthy, and soft granola are just a few of the things that I adore about these granola bites.

Oh, and the sprinkles.  Just because we are eating healthy doesn’t mean we have to cut out the sprinkles.  They add a little bit of fun and flair without adding too many extra calories.  Feel free to leave them out if you have an issue with cutesy sprinkle goodies.  My hubby told me I could make these again, but he prefers the non sprinkle version.  Boring if you ask me, but whatevs.  I’m just excited to have a “sweet” treat that he is asking for seconds on.  Score another point for the baking blog!

Now excuse me while I go polish off the last few skinny bites waiting for me in the kitchen.  Wish me luck that I can resist the brownies that are sitting beside them!

Skinny Peanut Butter Granola Bites

Stay up to date on all the BruCrew recipes here:

FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | GOOGLE+ | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN

Skinny Peanut Butter Granola Bites

Yield: 20 granola bites

Skinny Peanut Butter Granola Bites

No bake granola bites are a healthy treat to snack on each day.

1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/4 cups rolled oats
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
2-3 Tablespoons sprinkles (optional)

1. In a saucepan heat the coconut oil, honey, and peanut butter until melted and creamy. Stir in the vanilla. Pour over the oats in a large bowl. Stir until thoroughly coated. Let cool for 5 minutes.
  2. Stir in the mini chocolate chips and sprinkles. Take Tablespoons of oats in your hand and press very firmly until it forms a ball shape. Set on a piece of wax paper and let set. Makes 20 granola bites. Store in a sealed container on your counter.

Notes

**You can also press the mixture firmly into a greased 8x8 pan, then cut into 20 even squares. From there you can either eat them square or press into the ball shape.

More healthy snacks to try out:

Skinny Mini Banana Bread

Skinny Mini Banana Bread

Light No Bake Peach Cheesecake Cups

Light No Bake Peach Cheesecake Cups

10 Tips for Healthy Lunches on the Go

10 Tips for Eating Healthy Lunches on the Go

Comments

1. Lorraine says

Jocelyn, thank you so much for this great “skinny” treat! I came upon your blog while looking for Christmas treats and had fun making a few really decadent desserts. Since becoming a follower I’ve enjoyed the daily posts but always have to look away because I’m a Weight Watcher. I was thrilled to see this pop up on my FB feed this morning! Thank you for all of your great recipes and fun stories. Looking forward to some more skinny treats in the new year!

I’m not sure why everyone is having trouble with it staying together. I have made them so many times and they have made balls every single time. Are you pressing the mixture together as hard as you can in your fist? I actually move the ball back and forth in my hand to get a ball going.

• Christin says

I had the same problem. These are delicious and would love to know if there is a trick to getting them to stick together!

Press the mixture as hard as you can in your hand. I have made them several times without any problems. You can also press them firmly into an 8×8 pan, let cool completely, cut into 16 squares and press into a ball with your hand.

• teresa says

I couldn’t keep mine together at first either, I think it is because the coconut oil. I am in Florida and our room temp at home keeps my coconut oil kind of melted. I put the mix on a pan and put it in the fridge for a little while so it would firm up. Then I was able to squeeze the mix into balls. I am also storing them in the fridge so they don’t fall apart again. I will say that this is so tasty that I was eating the loose mixture with my fingers and almost couldnt stop! I am so glad i found a way to get them to stay together!!

Oh I am doing plenty of stumbling on my own lol. Working out is the WORST. >_< But these granola bites could be just what I need to get on the right track! :D Work out for 30 minutes, then enjoy these later in the day when I'm having that sweet craving. They look so adorable and delicious, how can I resist?
    Jess @ On Sugar Mountian recently posted..Drop Sugar CookiesMy Profile

3. Linda Arney says

I loved this recipe, BUT I tweaked it just a bit since I am not a fan of chocolate…[ya I know…something wrong with a person who doesn’t like chocolate! hear that all the time! :)…I used half molasses and half honey and substituted sunflower seeds for the chocolate chips! Yummy!

How hard are you pressing the mixture together? You will need to place the tablespoon of granola in your hand and squeeze very firmly. I don’t think it will work after being in the fridge because everything will have hardened.

Hhhhmmm I have made these a few times now and never had a problem getting them to stick into a ball shape. You do need to squeeze each tablespoon of granola rather tightly in your hand to start to get a ball. I usually move it back and forth from each hand squeezing as tight as my fist can. But pressing them into a pan as bars is also a great option…I have done that too. I’m glad you at least liked the taste!

Hi, Alisha. I haven’t actually done a calorie count on these. You can use your favorite online calorie counter and input the ingredients. Someone earlier did it and said around 100 calories per bite. If you leave out the chocolate chips and sprinkles you can save a few calories too.

4. Kayla says

We have made these granola bars 2 times and they are very good but they are never at the right consistency to make in the ball form and we were wondering if you had any tips on how to make it thicker ?

I am stumped on what to tell everyone. I have made them several times and never had a problem making them into a ball. You could always add an extra tablespoon of peanut butter or honey to make it sticker. The other thing you can do is press them tightly into an 8×8 pan and let them cool. Then cut them into bars and squeeze into a ball…or just eat them as is.

5. Niccole LoMonaco says

Do you have to put Coconut Oil in it? Is there a substitute for it?

Niccole LoMonaco