Pecan pie and cheesecake were meant to be together. The best Pecan Cheesecake Pie is a delicious recipe to make all year long. Watch as the cheesecake layer magically floats up through the gooey caramel pecan layer as it bakes in the oven.
Do you like cheesecake? What about pecan pie? If so, I have a pie recipe that you need to make ASAP!!!
A few years ago I asked what kind of pies people eat for the holidays. I thought this Apple Crisp Pie or this Traditional Pumpkin Pie would win the battle. The response was pretty split between those two pies.
But it also turns out that a lot of people actually prefer pecan pie. The amount of pecan pie fans actually surprised me.
I have to admit that I happen to love that particular pie too, but I had never made one before. Time for that to change.
But I didn’t just want to make the classic pecan pie, so we came up with a fun BruCrew twist for it. Since we love adding cheesecake to the desserts we make, so we added a creamy vanilla cheesecake layer to the easy pecan pie recipe.
Ingredients for a Pecan Cheesecake Pie:
- Pie Crust – feel free to use a store bought crust or make a homemade pie crust
- Cheesecake Layer – cream cheese, sugar, egg
- Pecan Pie Filling – dark corn syrup, eggs, butter, vanilla extract, pecans
I seriously can’t even wait to make another Pecan Cheesecake Pie! It will be the first thing I eat for Thanksgiving dinner. Then I’m going for a slice of Pumpkin Pecan Cheesecake Pie next.
How to make a Pecan Cheesecake Pie:
- Spray a 9-inch pie plate with nonstick spray, then sprinkle both sides of your pie crust with a little bit of flour before placing it in the plate.
- Crimp the edges, brush with a thin layer of beaten egg white, and place the pie crust in the fridge.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Add the egg and beat again.
- Spread the cheesecake mixture in the chilled crust.
- Whisk together the corn syrup, eggs, sugar, butter, and vanilla. Add the pecans and stir until coated.
- Spoon the pecan mixture over the cheesecake layer gently. Cover the pie crust edges with foil or use a pie shield to keep it from over browning.
- Bake and then chill completely before serving.
Why does the pie crust stick to the pie plate?
Sprinkle both sides of the pie crust with a little bit of flour to keep the crust from sticking to the bottom of the plate later.
How do you keep pecan pie filling from leaking out of the crust?
Brush the bottom of the pie crust with a little bit of a beaten egg white. Chill the crust for 15 minutes before spreading filling in it.
Does this pecan cheesecake pie need to be refrigerated?
Yes, this pie needs to be stored in the refrigerator because of the cheesecake layer and gooey pecan layer. Once the pie has cooled from baking, cover it and place it in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
More easy pie recipes:
- Coconut Chocolate Pie
- Mini Strawberry Pie
- Chubby Hubby Ice Cream Pie
- Chocolate Fudge Pecan Pie
- Fudge Bottom Banana Cream Pie
- Peanut Butter Pudding Pie
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also have a Facebook group and would love for you to join. Share recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. Request to join HERE.
For the Cheesecake Layer
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
For the Pecan Layer
- 2/3 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9.5 inch pie plate with a thin layers of nonstick baking spray.
- Press the pie crust into the pie plate and crimp the edges. Refrigerate while you make the fillings.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Add the egg and beat again. Spread in the bottom of the unbaked pie crust.
- Whisk together the dark corn syrup, eggs, sugar, butter, and vanilla.
- Stir in the pecans. Gently spoon the mixture over the cheesecake layer.
- Cover the edges of the pie crust with a pie shield or strips of foil, so it doesn't burn. Bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool 1-2 hours. It will be puffy when it comes out, but it will sink as it cools.
- Refrigerate until chilled all the way through.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 401Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 83mgSodium: 199mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 2gSugar: 37gProtein: 5g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.
*The post for Pecan Cheesecake Pie was first published on November 14, 2013. The photos and the post were updated and republished on November 14, 2019.