Pecan pie and cheesecake were meant to be together. Make the best Pecan Cheesecake Pie this holiday season and watch the gooey layers disappear in no time at all.
*Be sure to sign up for the BruCrew email to get these delicious recipes in your inbox each day.
Do you like cheesecake? What about pecan pie? If so, I have a pie recipe that you need to make ASAP!!!
A few years ago I asked what kind of pies people eat at Thanksgiving. I thought this Apple Crisp Pie or this Traditional Pumpkin Pie would win the battle. The response was pretty split between those two pies.
But it also turns out that a lot of people actually prefer pecan pie. The amount of pecan pie fans actually surprised me.
I have to admit that I happen to love that particular pie too, but I had never made one before. Time for that to change.
But I didn’t just want to make the classic pecan pie, so we came up with a fun BruCrew twist for it. Since we love to add cheesecake to a lot of the desserts we make, we added a cheesecake layer to the gooey pecan pie.
The cheesecake layer magically comes up through the gooey caramel pecan layer as it bakes in the oven. Or the pecan pie layer sinks down to the bottom as it bakes. Either way, talk about simply amazing!
This cheesecake pie starts with my favorite way to make crust. It is called buying a pre-made Pillsbury crust at the store. Sure, I could make my own, but most days I don’t want to mess with one more thing.
Pillsbury has always been my go-to crust, so why change now. If you like making homemade pie crusts, go ahead and do that. Either one works.
How to make a Pecan Cheesecake Pie:
- Spray a 9-inch pie plate with nonstick spray, then sprinkle both sides of your pie crust with a little bit of flour before placing it in the plate. This will help the crust from sticking to the bottom of the plate. Crimp the edges and place the pie crust in the fridge.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Add the egg and beat again. Spread the cheesecake mixture in the chilled crust.
- Whisk together the corn syrup, eggs, sugar, butter, and vanilla. Add the pecans and stir until coated.
- Spoon the pecan mixture over the cheesecake layer gently. Cover the pie crust edges with foil or use a pie shield to keep it from over browning.
- Bake and then chill completely before serving.
I seriously can’t even wait to make another Pecan Cheesecake Pie! It will be the first thing I eat for Thanksgiving dinner. Then I’m going for a slice of Pumpkin Pecan Cheesecake Pie next.
They are both cheese and nuts, so I’m calling them appetizers. Wink, wink!
More easy pie recipes you may enjoy:
- Coconut Fudge Pie
- Mini Strawberry Pies
- Chubby Hubby Ice Cream Pie
- Chocolate Fudge Pecan Pie
- Fudge Bottom Banana Cream Pie
- White Chocolate Peanut Butter Pudding Pie
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also have a fun Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
For the Cheesecake Layer
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
For the Pecan Layer
- 2/3 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9.5 inch pie plate with a thin layers of nonstick baking spray.
- Press the pie crust into the pie plate and crimp the edges. Refrigerate while you make the fillings.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Add the egg and beat again. Spread in the bottom of the unbaked pie crust.
- Whisk together the dark corn syrup, eggs, sugar, butter, and vanilla.
- Stir in the pecans. Gently spoon the mixture over the cheesecake layer.
- Cover the edges of the pie crust with a pie shield or strips of foil, so it doesn't burn. Bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool 1-2 hours. It will be puffy when it comes out, but it will sink as it cools.
- Refrigerate until chilled all the way through.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 401Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 83mgSodium: 199mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 2gSugar: 37gProtein: 5g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.
*The post for Pecan Cheesecake Pie was first published on November 14, 2013. The photos and the post were updated and republished on November 14, 2019.