A plate of Apple Nachos drizzled with peanut butter, marshmallow, caramel, and candy makes a delicious and fun after school snack.
They also make a fun dessert bar for kids to put together at fall parties.
Can you take the healthy out of food?
Maybe you can’t take it out, but you had hide and disguise it so much that the health factor is pretty much gone. That’s so true about these apples in front of you.
Let’s take perfectly good for you apples and drizzle them with so much yummy sugar that they are now cavity makers. I can see how it would play out at the at the dentist office.
“Honest Mr. Dentist, I eat lots of apples, so I have no idea why I keep getting cavities?” Wink, wink! I’m sure it had nothing to do with all the “healthy” Apple Nachos and Cinnamon Sugar Apple Donut Holes I’ve been eating each afternoon. LOL!
My youngest sister was telling me about these yummy loaded apple snacks that she had seen online. They are the perfect “let’s rot our teeth” before bed treat. LOL!
I had a few bags of apples leftover after making another Apple Crisp Pie, so I put together a big plate for a bedtime snack . Our kiddos gobbled up this easy no bake snack so quickly. Well, two out of the three did anyway.
The third little monster threw a fit saying he didn’t like apples. That is so not true because he eats them plain just fine every other day. I think he must know about the whole cavity thing.
After a crying fit, I sent him to bed without anything. I wasn’t backing down because I am the Mama after all!! And because apparently that was the battle I chose to fight that day.
It’s funny looking back at it years later and realizing that choosing your battles really is important, and this wasn’t one I should have chosen. Hindsight is always interesting.
After 10 minutes of fake crying in his bed, he came up and said he was done and then apologized for throwing a fit! It makes this mama very proud to know they are learning and remembering the things we teach them day to day.
I love when they know they have done something wrong and come apologize on their own.
He then asked if he could have his plain apple. I probably shouldn’t have given in because of the fit he threw, but he did apologize. Maybe next time he will be willing to try these fun Apple Nachos.
Plus, how can I tell my kid he has to eat the sugar-laden snack over healthy apple slices?
How to make Apple Nachos:
Place the apple slices on a plate or in a small skillet.
Melt the peanut butter and marshmallow cream in the microwave for a few seconds, then drizzle both toppings over the apples.
Sprinkle with candies, mini chocolate chips, nuts, and mini marshmallows.
Devour the plate of goodness in front of you.
Looking for more easy apple desserts?
- Layers of crunchy apples, creamy cheesecake, and candy bars make this Apple Snickers Cheesecake Trifle an impressive no bake dessert.
- Mixing fruit juices and 7UP makes this Sparkling Cranberry Apple Punch a delicious drink that everyone can enjoy.
- This Homemade Apple Pie Filling only takes minutes to make and makes your apple desserts taste amazing.
- These Caramel Apple Pretzel Bites look like such a fun and easy way to use up bags of apples.
- Or you could just make a bowl of this Apple Pie Dip and go to town with plain apple slices.
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also created a fun new Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Apple Nachos recipe:
- 5-6 cups sliced apples
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup marshmallow cream
- 2 teaspoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup caramel topping
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons mini M&M candies
- 2 Tablespoons mini marshmallow bits
- Arrange apple slices on a large platter or in two mini skillet pans.
- Spoon the peanut butter into a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 10-15 seconds. Stir.
- Spoon the marshmallow cream into another bowl and heat for 10 seconds. Whisk in the heavy whipping cream.
- Drizzle the apples with the peanut butter, marshmallow, and caramel topping.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips, nuts, M&M's, and marshmallow bits. Serve immediately.