Birds Nest Cookies are an easy, no bake dessert that can be made in minutes, with just a few ingredients. They are kid-friendly and perfect for Easter.
This is pretty much one of the easiest Easter desserts that you can make. These no bake cookies can be made in minutes, and they look absolutely adorable.
Chocolate peanut butter no bake cookies are are a fun treat to make for Easter. But don’t limit them to the holidays. They are so delicious that you will want to make them for every event.
One of the best things about Birds Nest Cookies is how versatile they are. The flavor combos are endless.
Ingredients for Chocolate Nest Cookies recipe:
Base: chow mein noodles, corn flakes, oats, rice krispies cereal, pretzel sticks, potato chip sticks, coconut
Coating: chocolate, peanut butter, butterscotch, white chocolate
Candies: chocolate eggs, malt eggs, jelly beans, Cadbury eggs, Reese’s eggs, chocolate covered almonds
Choose one or more from each list and let’s get started.
How to make Birds Nest Cookies:
- Place your choice of chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Heat at 50% power for 1 minute. Stir until melted and creamy. Continue heating for 30 second intervals, as needed.
- Add the chow mein noodles (or other base) and stir until completely coated.
- Use a large spoon to scoop mounds onto a wax paper lined tray. Make an indent in the center of each one.
- Press three candies into the center of each cookie. Let the cookies set before moving.
Reese’s desserts always get my vote. Trust me and make a batch of these Reese’s Cream Eggs for your Easter baskets too.
For our nest cookies I melted together a bag of milk chocolate chips and peanut butter chips. Reese’s eggs were the perfect candies for the tops.
- Make sure your tray is lined with foil, parchment, or wax paper. This will help you remove the no bake cookies easily once they set up.
- Use a smaller scoop to make more cookies.
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to easily scoop bigger cookies.
- Store the birds nests at room temperature for a few days. You can also refrigerate them, but make sure you let them come to room temperature before serving.
- Make a gluten free version by using oats and chocolate covered almonds.
Just for fun, I added marshmallow Peeps to the tops of these cookies. It’s totally optional, but can we all agree that birds nest cookies need a bird on it?
Seriously, how cute are these Easter cookies?!?!?!
More kid-friendly Easter desserts:
- Peanut Butter Easter Bunnies
- Easter Bunny Snack Mix
- Easter Popcorn
- Peppermint Pattie Easter Bark
- Easter Dirt Cupcakes
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also have a Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Other flavor options:
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 424Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 426mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 3gSugar: 26gProtein: 9g
Other flavor options: