Hop to it and make this Easter Snack Mix. Made with cereal, peanuts, candies, cookies, marshmallows, and white chocolate - you are going to love this bunny bait. It's perfect sweet and salty snack to enjoy this holiday season.
Our kids are pretty much past the stage of Easter egg hunts and bunny treats. But I'm not willing to let go of traditions so quickly, so we still do a small egg hunt with them every year.
In order to use all the bags of Easter candy and cookies that I bought a few weeks ago, I decided to add everything to an easy white chocolate Easter snack mix for the kids to munch on this week.
Why You Will Love This Bunny Bait
This bunny chow snack mix has the same great white chocolate flavor as our Easter popcorn, but we like to add pretzels, puff corn, and peanuts to give it a crunchy texture and salty flavor.
- Easy to make in minutes. This no bake treat is as simple as melting chocolate and stirring it into a bowl of fun snacks.
- Delicious sweet and salty snack. Pretzels, puff corn, and peanuts covered in white chocolate will have everyone reaching for more handfuls.
- Great Easter treat. Pastel colored candies and bunny marshmallows and graham crackers will make the bowl of snack mix stand out at holiday dinners.
Snack Mix Ingredients
There really is no right or wrong thing to add to this Easter snack mix recipe. It's a great way to clean out your kitchen pantry.
- Chex Cereal - Use your favorite variety - corn, rice, or wheat.
- Puff Corn - This is a personal preference. Something about the buttery puff covered in chocolate is so good. Regular popcorn can be used also.
- Pretzels - Waffle pretzels are my favorite because the grids collect more chocolate. You can use twists or pretzel sticks as well.
- Bunny Mallows - These little marshmallows are available just during the spring months. Feel free to substitute with mini marshmallows if you can't find them.
- Bunny Graham Crackers - Another sweet Easter cookie that is usually found at Target. Regular animal crackers work just as well.
- M&M's - For more sweet and salty, I like to use a mix of regular and peanut candies.
- Peanuts - Our choice is salted or honey roasted because it adds such a great flavor to the sweet white chocolate coating.
- White Chocolate - Use a good quality melting chocolate to cover the ingredients. Our favorite is Ghirardelli because it melts great and tastes even better.
How to make an Easter Snack Mix
This no bake bunny bait Easter snack mix comes together very quickly. It is easy to customize with all your favorite sweet and salty ingredients.
- Stir together the ingredients. Add all the ingredients into a very large bowl and stir up.
- Melt the white chocolate wafers. Follow the package directions to melt the chocolate in the microwave. Pour the white chocolate onto the snack mix and stir gently until everything is coated.
- Let it harden. Dump the mixture out onto the parchment paper lined baking sheet lined with parchment and spread out. Add sprinkles to the top right away.
BruCrew Tip: Place the pan in the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes to set it quickly. Then break apart into bite sized pieces and add extra candies and marshmallows.
This Easter snack mix is best eaten within 1-2 days of making it. The longer it sits, the less crunch it will have. That has never stopped us from finishing off a batch.
On the Counter - Store the Easter trail mix in a very tightly sealed container at room temperature for 4-5 days.
In the Freezer - Package the mix tightly in two freezer safe bags and freeze for 1-2 months. Thaw on the counter before serving.
Tips and Tricks
- Make sure you use a very large bowl, so that when you stir everything together it does not spill over the sides.
- We like our bunny munch just lightly coated with white chocolate. If you want more, feel free to melt and use 1 ½ - 2 bags of the chocolate melting wafers.
- Work very quickly. White chocolate sets up very fast, so don't delay in stirring in the ingredients.
- Line your baking sheet with wax paper or parchment paper so the white chocolate mix doesn't stick to the pan.
- Package the sweet snack mix in little plastic gift bags to add to Easter baskets, to serve at holiday events, or to hand out at school parties.
- Make this snack mix for other holidays. Just change up the colors of the candies and sprinkles.
Bunny bait is a popular Easter snack mix made up of different snack items that are covered in white chocolate. It is also called Easter crack, Easter Chex mix, and puppy chow.
Yes, feel free to use Cheerios, Life, Golden Grahams, Captain Crunch, or Kix cereal instead of the Chex.
Yes, this is so easy to customize for other holidays throughout the year. Just change up the ingredients and colors based on the holiday you are making it for.
More No Bake Easter Desserts
Do you love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please leave a 5-star ⭐️ rating and a review in the comments section below.