These chocolate covered Oreo Chicks are an adorable and easy treat to make in minutes. Kids of all ages will have fun decorating these Easter Oreos.
This year I decided to make chocolate covered Oreos again, but with a different Easter twist. Say hello to the cutest Oreo chicks.
About This Recipe
Making Easter treats can be a lot of fun, but it can also be a lot of work. A lot of recipes are complicated and time consuming, and you do not have hours to spend in the kitchen.
Easter chocolate covered Oreos are the perfect solution! These candy Easter chicks are easy to make in minutes and look absolutely adorable.
- These treats are simple, yet cute and festive.
- Kids of all ages will love helping you decorate the Oreos.
- Great treat to add to Easter brunch or Easter charcuterie boards.
- They make a fun homemade edible gift for Easter baskets.
What You Need
All you need to make these Oreo chicks is some chocolate, a few Oreos, candy, and some creativity.
- Oreos - I like to use the Golden Oreos, so they do not show through the light yellow coating. Any flavor of Oreo cookie will work just fine though.
- Yellow Candy Melts - One bag of yellow chocolate melting wafers will make about 18 dipped Oreos.
- Edible Candy Eyes - These sweet googly eyes add character and personality to your treats. Find them at Walmart, Hobby Lobby, Michaels, JoAnn's, or Amazon.
- Mini Reese's Pieces - Use the orange ones to give the chicks a beak and feet. I found a small bag of the minis at Walmart with the ice cream toppings.
- Tools - You will need a microwave safe bowl, fork, and a parchment lined tray.
BRUCREW TIP: You can also use orange coated sunflower seeds for a cute bird beak.
How to Make Easter Chocolate Covered Oreos
Easter Oreos are simple to make and look adorable. Kids of all ages will enjoy helping you decorate the little chicks.
- Melt the chocolate. Place candy melts in a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 45 seconds at a time at 50% power. Stir and repeat until they are melted and creamy.
- Dip the Oreos. Drop one Oreo cookie at a time in the melted chocolate. Flip over and lift out with a fork. Gently tap the fork on the side of the bowl to remove excess chocolate. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Decorate with candies. While the chocolate is still wet, press two edible candy eyes on the chick. Add three mini orange Reese's pieces for a beak and feet. Let the chocolate set.
- Add chocolate feathers. Use the tip of the fork to add some melted chocolate to the top of the Oreo to look like "feathers".
Keep the chocolate covered Easter Oreos in a tightly sealed container or bag at room temperature for 1-2 weeks. They are the freshest within one week of making them.
Freeze decorated cookies in individual sealed bags. The cookies taste great right out of the freezer, or you can thaw for a few minutes on the counter. Remove the cookies from the bags, so the condensation doesn't settle on the chocolate as they thaw.
- Use flavored, seasonal or double stuff Oreos. Chocolate Oreos have a striking color contrast when you bite into them.
- Make Oreo pops by inserting a paper straw or lollipop stick into the center of the Oreo cookie before dipping it in chocolate.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave using 50% power to keep it from burning or seizing. You can also melt it in a double boiler over simmering water.
- Use a silicone mold to keep the Oreos uniform in shape and size.
- If you can't find the candy eyes, use mini chocolate chips for eyes.
- Drizzle the tops of the Easter dipped Oreos with different chocolate colors or add sprinkles instead of making chicks.
- Place a few chicks in a clear treat bag with Easter grass. Tie the top closed with ribbons and add a gift tag.
Can chocolate covered Oreos be made ahead of time?
Yes, these are a great treat to make early. Keep the finished cookies in a tightly sealed container for 1-2 weeks.
What are candy melts?
They are vanilla or chocolate flavored candy wafers that come in different colors. You can buy them at Walmart or any craft store in the cake decorating aisle.
More Easy Easter Treats
- Easter Cookie Cake
- Bunny Cupcakes
- Easter Rice Krispie Treats
- Nutella Easter Egg
- Easter Snack Mix
- Bird Nest Cookies
- Homemade Reese's Eggs
Do you love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please leave a 5-star ⭐️ rating and a review in the comments section below.