These gooey Caramel Apple Bars are loaded with fruit, nuts, and caramel. Try a warm square topped with vanilla ice cream for an easy fall dessert!
So, the other day I stopped at the grocery store for something. I walked in the door and up and down a few aisles before realizing that I had absolutely no idea what I was there for.
The funny thing is that I still don’t remember what I needed. It must not have been that important.
I decided to just head down the baking aisle because why not. Not because I needed anything. Our pantry shelves are fully stocked in chocolate chips and candy. But you never know what you might need, or what you might find that just has to come home with you.
Caramel Apple Bars
I am so glad that a spice cake and a container of caramel dip jumped into my cart while I was wandering the store. I really didn’t have any ideas of what I was going to make. But then my mind started to go a mile a minute thinking about all the fall dessert ideas I could make with the apples that were in my refrigerator.
These apple pie bars are like a 7 layer bar except you use caramel dip instead of the traditional sweetened condensed milk. I am so glad that my husband had a meeting at the church on the same day I made these.
It would have been very dangerous for me to keep these Caramel Apple Bars in my kitchen for very long. They were so delicious and gooey!
Trust me and try one of these easy apple bars with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream on it!!! You are welcome!
Tips for making Caramel Apple Bars:
Combine the dry cake mix, butter, and apple cider until a soft dough forms.
Spray your hands with nonstick spray and press half the dough into the bottom of a greased 9×13 pan.
Spread the caramel apple dip over the dough in the pan.
Sprinkle the top of the dip with apple chunks and chopped walnuts.
Drop the rest of the dough in small pieces evenly over the top.
Bake and cool. Drizzle the top of the apple bars with the glaze. (full recipe below)
Try to resist the urge to devour the entire pan of Caramel Apple Bars in one sitting!
More easy apple dessert ideas you may like:
- Peanut Butter Apple Pizza
- Apple Nachos
- Cinnamon Sugar Apple Cheesecake Danish
- Toffee Apple Pie Cookies
- Apple Blondies with Caramel Buttercream
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also created a fun new Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
- 1 spice cake mix
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup apple cider
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups diced apples
- 1 cup caramel apple dip (sold in the produce section by the apples)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 pan with nonstick spray.
- Combine the cake mix, butter, and apple cider until it forms a soft dough.
- Press half the dough into the bottom of the prepared pan. You will need to spray your hands with baking spray too.
- Spread the caramel dip over the dough in the pan. Sprinkle with the apples and walnuts.
- Drop the rest of the dough over the top of the mixture in the pan. Try to drop small pieces evenly everywhere. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack for at least one hour.
- Stir together the powdered sugar and the water. Drizzle over the top of the bars. Let set.
- Refrigerate bars until ready to serve. Heat a square in the microwave for 10-15 seconds and top with vanilla ice cream for an amazing treat.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 189Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 213mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 2g
*The post and recipe for these Caramel Apple Bars was originally posted on September 25, 2013. The photos and post has been updated and republished on September 17, 2018.