You will love this easy to make homemade Apple Bundt Cake. A sweet apple cider glaze adds the finishing touch to the fresh apple cake. Grab some apples and get ready to bake this apple bundt cake recipe.
Why This Works
I absolutely love when fall comes around because that means time to bake all the things with apples. This apple bundt cake recipe is one of my favorite cakes to bake.
The sweet homemade cake bakes up light and fluffy, yet has a dense moist texture from the apples and caramel baked into it. Apples and caramel really are a delicious match made in heaven. Just like peaches and brown sugar go well together in this peach bundt cake.
This easy and sweet apple bundt cake will become your go to recipe for fall parties. It is easy to make, looks amazing, and tastes incredible. Plus, it will make your kitchen smell like fall as it is baking.
Serve slices of this homemade apple bundt cake with a glass of apple cider iced tea while you sit on your porch and enjoy the crisp fall weather.
Baking With Apples
What kind of apples do you use?
You can use your favorite variety of apple for this apple cake. We like using Gala apples for our baked goods. Other good options are Honeycrisp, Jonagold, Golden Delicious, Fuji, Pink Lady, or Granny Smith. Use a variety of apples to give your baked goods a better flavor.
For this fresh apple bundt cake you can dice the apples, or you can put them into a food processor for a quick pulse. I have actually made this apple bundt cake using both methods, and they both tasted great. If you like to see apple chunks in your cake slices, go with the finely diced apples.
Should apples be peeled first?
That depends on the recipe and your preference. If you are using shredded apples, leave the peels on because they soften and tend to "melt" into the cake. If you are using diced apples, peel them first if you like.
Using apples and applesauce along with simple pantry ingredients will give you a moist and delicious homemade apple cake.
- Butter - Used to create a light and tender texture in the cake.
- Brown Sugar - Sweetens the cake and also keeps it moist.
- Oil - Using just a little bit of oil with the butter will give cakes a moist and tender crumb texture.
- Vanilla Extract & Salt - Adds flavor and balances the flavor.
- Eggs - Binds the ingredients together.
- Applesauce & Apples - Using both of these gives this apple bundt cake a great apple flavor.
- All Purpose Flour - Provides the structure by interacting with the other ingredients. See how to measure flour, so your cake turns out great every time.
- Spices - A mixture of different spices gives this cake a great flavor. Use this cake spice recipe to get the best flavor.
- Baking Soda - Gives the cake the lift it needs as it bakes.
- Caramel Baking Bits - Adds a sweet caramel taste to the homemade apple cake. You can leave these out or use toffee bits, if you prefer those instead.
How to make an Apple Bundt Cake
Making this caramel apple cake really is quite easy to make with just one bowl. Mix everything together and pour it into a bundt pan.
The hardest part is smelling the delicious apple smell in your kitchen and having to wait to dig in.
Step One: Easy Apple Cake
- Beat the butter, sugar, and oil in a large bowl until mixed together.
- Add the vanilla, applesauce, and eggs and mix again.
- Dice or shred your apples and stir them into the wet ingredients.
- Stir together the dry ingredients and slowly add them to wet mixture.
- Add the caramel bits and stir gently.
Step Two: Bake & Cool
- Spoon the apple cake batter into a greased bundt pan and bake for 55 minutes or until a large skewer inserted in the center of the bundt cake comes out with a few crumbs sticking to it.
- Remove the apple cake from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Do not try to flip it out earlier or the cake could fall apart.
- Flip the apple cake out onto a plate to cool completely.
Step Three: Apple Cider Glaze
- Whisk together the powdered sugar and apple cider until smooth.
- Pour or spoon the glaze over the top of the cooled apple bundt cake.
- Let it set before serving.
- Make sure you grease the bundt pan thoroughly. Your caramel apple cake will come out much easier if you do this. Baker's Joy is the nonstick spray that I use. Butter is not recommended because it can cause your cake to brown unevenly.
- Stir a little bit of lemon juice on your shredded apples to keep them from turning brown. Although, if you shred them right before stirring into the batter, you don't need to worry about it.
- If you want to see more apple chunks in your cake, dice the peeled apples instead.
- Do not let the cake sit in the pan longer than 10-12 minutes after baking because any caramel bits that are close to the pan will start to harden and stick to the pan.
- To keep the glaze from dripping all over the place, use strips of parchment or wax paper between the cake and cake plate. Once the glaze has set, you can easily remove the pieces of paper.
- Recipe Variation - skip the caramel bits and add ½ cup chopped nuts and ½ cup raisins to the cake batter before baking.
How to Frost a Bundt Cake
Whisk together your frosting or glaze ingredients until it is pourable. Drizzle or spoon it over the top of the cooled bundt cake. Turn the plate or cake slowly so the icing is evenly poured on top of the bundt cake.
How do you store an apple bundt cake?
- Counter - This apple cake will be ok on your counter in a sealed container for 1-2 days.
- Refrigerator - Keep the apple bundt cake in a covered container in the refrigerator for 4-5 days. Refrigerating a cake can cause it to dry out, so make sure it is tightly covered.
- Freezer - The apple cake can be frozen in an air tight container for 2-3 months. It is best to freeze it without the glaze on top. Let it thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove it and let it come to room temperature before adding a glaze and serving.
How many slices do you get from a Bundt cake?
Most bundt cakes will serve 12-16 people, depending on how small or large you cut the slices.
Other Easy Apple Cake Recipes
- Cranberry Apple Cake
- Maple Walnut Cake
- Apple Praline Cake
- Apple Chai Cake
- Snickers Cake
- Apple Cake recipe
- Toffee Apple Cake
- Pecan Upside Down Cake
Love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please consider leaving a 5 star ⭐️ rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further below.
*The post for this Caramel Apple Bundt Cake was first published on September 26, 2013. The photos and post have been updated and republished on September 3, 2021.