Fresh fruit adds a pop of color and flavor to this Cherry Blueberry French Toast Bake. Make sure you buy a few extra boxes or bags of fruit the next time you go shopping, so you can try this delicious breakfast bake.
Lately we have been all about the fruit. Every time we go grocery shopping, we come home with boxes of blueberries, raspberries, or strawberries.
The other day I saw fresh cherries at the store, so a bag of those ended up in the cart too.
Most of the time I cannot keep the fruit monsters out of the fruit before I can bake with it. Not that I think that’s a problem. With all the sugary sweets that come out of our kitchen, I am thankful our kids like to grab fruit instead of cake.
I bought a big box of blueberries last week to make a batch of these Easy Blueberry Pancakes. Thank goodness when I had an idea to make a berry French toast casserole, there were still blueberries and cherries in our refrigerator.
I think the berry thieves must be slacking this week because fresh fruit never lasts that long around here.
A few years ago I made this Cherry Chocolate French Toast with leftover bagels, and since there were a few blueberry bagels hiding in the back of the fridge, I decided it was time to make another french toast bake.
The extra blueberry in the bagels added a little more flavor and color to this breakfast bake making it a perfect morning treat for summer.
How to make Cherry Blueberry French Toast Bake:
- Cut the bagels into bite-sized pieces, then toast them in the oven for a few minutes. This gets the bread ready to soak up the egg mixture easier.
- Drizzle the toasted bagel bites with melted butter and set aside.
- Whisk together milk, eggs, sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the milk mixture over the bagel pieces and let sit for at least 20 minutes.
- Cover and bake for 25 minutes; remove foil and continue baking.
PRO TIP: Serve this delicious breakfast casserole with maple syrup and fresh fruit on top.
Other breakfast recipes you may like:
- Peach Blackberry Coffee Cake
- Cherry Chocolate Chip Scones
- Caramel Mocha Chip Banana Muffins
- Cherry Lemonade Donuts
- Strawberry Chocolate Cinnamon Roll Bake
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also created a fun new Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
- 4 large blueberry bagels
- 4 tablespoons butter, Melted
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons Pure almond extract
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup fresh cherries, pitted and quartered
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the bagels into bite-sized pieces. Place on a baking sheet and toast for 8-10 minutes.
- Place the bagels in a large bowl and drizzle with the melted butter.
- Whisk together the milk, eggs, extract, and sugar. Pour over the bagels and toss until everything is coated. Let the mixture sit for 20 minutes.
- Pour into a greased 8x8 baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove the foil and continue baking for another 35 minutes.
- Serve warm with syrup or fresh fruit.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 266Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 99mgSodium: 287mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 2gSugar: 14gProtein: 9g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.