These mini Chocolate Cheesecake Bites are the perfect size for a quick snack or an after dinner treat. The best part is that each of the pie bites are decorated with whipped cream, cherries, and sprinkles! It doesn't get much better than this!
The Best Cheesecake Bites
If you are craving something sweet, you are going to love these little treats. These chocolate cheesecake bites are the perfect little treat to satisfy your sweet tooth.
The creamy cheesecake filling is baked in mini pie crusts and decorated with whipped cream, cherries, and sprinkles, so they look just as good as they taste. And because they are mini pie bites, you can enjoy them without feeling guilty for having two or three.
These mini cheesecake bites are great for parties or family gatherings because everyone loves little bite-size desserts. Serve them as an after dinner treat or bring them out during parties for guests to enjoy all night long. There's no wrong time of day to eat a mini chocolate cheesecake pie.
Ingredients You'll Need
These mini cheesecake bites come together quickly with just a few ingredients. They are creamy and decadent without being too rich or heavy.
- Pie Crust - Store bought or homemade pie crust will work for these little cheesecake pies.
- Cream Cheese - You will need one package of full fat cream cheese for these little bites. Make sure to set it out ahead of time.
- Granulated Sugar - Sweetens the filling.
- Dark Chocolate Chips - Gives the mini cheesecake bites a rich dark chocolate flavor.
- Egg - One large egg binds all the ingredients together.
- Toppings - We used Cool Whip, maraschino cherries, chocolate sprinkles to decorate our pie bites. You can also make a batch of the best homemade whipped cream recipe.
How to make Chocolate Cheesecake Bites
Our recipe for these chocolate cheesecake bites is simple enough that anyone can make them at home. You can even add some other toppings like fruit or nuts to make these bites even more delicious.
- Unroll the pie crusts according to the package directions.
- Use a 2 ½ inch round circle to cut 24 circles. You many need to re-roll the dough to get that many.
- Press into 24 mini muffin tins.
Chocolate Cheesecake Filling
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl until light and creamy.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave for about 30 seconds. If you need to go longer, do short increments and stir after each one. Do not burn the chocolate.
- Beat melted chocolate slowly into the cream cheese mixture making sure to scrape the bowl often to get the chocolate off the sides of the bowl.
- Add the egg and beat again. Do not over beat the mixture. Over beating at this point will add air to the mixture which causes cheesecakes to crack.
- Spoon the chocolate cheesecake filling evenly into the 24 mini pie crusts. They will be full.
- Bake for 14-15 minutes. Remove the pans from the oven and place on wire racks. Let the cheesecake cool in the tins for about 20 minutes, then gently remove them.
- Refrigerate the pie bites until chilled.
Decorate and Serve
- Spoon whipped cream or Cool Whip into a piping bag fitted with icing tip 1M. Add swirls to the cheesecake bites.
- Pat dry 24 maraschino cherries and place on top.
- Add sprinkles.
- Set the cream cheese out ahead of time. If you forget, place the unwrapped block on a plate and microwave it for 10-15 seconds.
- Make sure you beat the cream cheese and sugar before adding any other ingredients. The sugar helps to break down the cream cheese and make it smooth and creamy.
Refrigerator - Keep these little mini pie bites in an air tight container for 5-6 days in the refrigerator.
Freezer - Place the undecorated cheesecake pies in an air tight container and bag and freeze for 2-3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
More Mini Cheesecake Recipes
- Mini Coconut Cheesecake Bites
- Mini Chocolate Cheesecake
- Chocolate Banana Cheesecake
- Mini Lemon Cheesecake Pie
- Mini Turtle Cheesecake Cupcakes
- Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Parfaits
- Mini Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- Oreo Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Butterfinger Cheesecake Bites Recipe
Love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please consider leaving a 5 star ⭐️ rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further below.
- 1 box refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 - 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon flour
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 large egg
- 1 - 8 ounce container Cool Whip, thawed
- 24 maraschino cherries with stems, patted dry
- chocolate sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray 2 - 12 count mini muffin tins with nonstick spray.
- Unroll the 2 pie crusts from the box according to the package directions. Use a 2 ½ inch round cookie cutter to cut 12 circles from each crust.
- Press each circle into the mini muffin tins. Refrigerate the pie crusts while you make the cheesecake batter.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Add the extract and flour and beat again.
- Place the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds. Stir until melted and creamy. Heat an additional 15 seconds and stir again, if needed. Pour into the cheesecake mixture and beat.
- Add the egg and beat just until mixed in.
- Spoon the cheesecake mixture evenly into the 24 mini pie crusts. Bake 14-15 minutes.
- Remove and place the pans on a wire rack. Let cool for 15-20 minutes in the pan before gently removing the mini cheesecakes. Let cool for another 30-40 minutes, then refrigerate until chilled.
- Use a piping bag and icing tip 1M to swirl Cool Whip on top of each cheesecake bite. Top with a cherry and sprinkles. Store in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 136Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 66mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 2g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.
*The post for Chocolate Cheesecake Pie Bites was first published February 2018. The post and photos were updated and republished November 2021.