These easy Chocolate Cheesecake Pie Bites are a fun little treat to end any meal with. Also, adding cherries with stems makes any dessert a little bit fancier. Even the mini ones.
Did you know that I wrote a cheesecake cookbook and that it came out last fall? I’m assuming that if you have been reading our blog for a while that you already knew that. I’m sure you are thinking this is old news so why is she even talking about it.
Well, when I started brainstorming all things cheesecake for the book, I wrote down lists and lists and lists of ideas. The hard part was narrowing it down into a manageable size list that would actually make the book.
So, here I am two years after turning in the manuscript, and I still have all those cheesecake ideas on those lists and in my brain. It’s time to start making those lists a reality because we all need more cheesecake in our life. Am I right?
Today I’m sharing a super easy mini cheesecake. Or is it pie? Actually it’s technically both because any time I can combine two desserts into one, I’m going to go for it.
This Snickers cheesecake brownie cake is one of those times when brownies collided with no bake cheesecake. And now I’m totally craving a big slice of that cheesecake again…
Goodness I’m easily distracted today. I get the same distracted feelings when I’m cleaning up around the house. If I have to put things away before dusting, it usually ends up in me totally forgetting why I was moving them in the first place.
This month I have been trying to use up some of the extra ingredients in our fridge and pantry before shopping for more. Otherwise the house is going to be overrun with dessert supplies pretty soon.
A box of pie crusts has been hiding in the back of one of the drawers in the fridge, so I decided to use that up before it went bad. I remembered how good these little coconut cream cheesecake pie bites were, so I wanted to make a chocolate cheesecake version.
I was able to use up some of the chocolate chips and cherries in the pantry, and some of the cream cheese and Cool Whip in the fridge. It’s a good feeling when ingredients can be used up and not thrown out.
We won’t talk about the vegetable drawer in the fridge. Unfortunately those items have a much shorter life span, so we waste more than I care to admit. Although, lately we have been eating quite a few more veggies for dinner, so we doing better in this area.
These little chocolate cheesecake pie bites are a delicious and fun way to end any meal.
Eating little tiny desserts is also a great way to enjoy dessert without going overboard. Well, as long as you stick to only eating one. Mini desserts are usually my downfall because I feel like I can eat more because they are so small.
Let’s get to work making these chocolate cheesecake pie bites.
- Set out the cream cheese ahead of time. If you forget, just pop it in the microwave for a few seconds at a time.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar together first. The sugar actually helps to break down the cream cheese. This is important to do before adding any other ingredients.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave for about 30 seconds. If you need to go longer, do small short increments and stir after each one. We do not want to burn the chocolate.
- Beat this into the mixture making sure to scrape the bowl often to get the chocolate off the sides of the bowl.
- Add the egg and beat again. Do not over beat the mixture. Over beating at this point will add air to the mixture which causes cheesecakes to crack.
- Fill the 24 mini pie crusts to the top. It’s ok. They will not overflow on you.
- Remove the pans and place on wire racks when the timer goes off. Leave the cheesecake in the tins for about 20 minutes. Then gently remove them to cool more.
- Refrigerate until chilled before adding the toppings.
More fun cheesecake recipes I want to try:
- My fridge needs a batch of these Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Parfaits from Belly Full.
- I’m drooling over this No Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake from Real House Moms.
- Little desserts always catch my attention. I love how cute these Hot Cocoa Cheesecake Minis from A Beautiful Plate are.
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
*This post contains affiliate links. Inside BruCrew Life may receive a small percentage from sales made through these free links. As always, these links do not cost you any extra. Thank you for letting us share products we use and love this way.