This easy Coconut Fudge Pie has three delicious layers just waiting for you to dive right in to. There is plenty of chocolate and coconut goodness in every bite.
I’m sure you realize by now that it isn’t a coincidence for me to have a treat that coincides with a “national holiday”, right?
Yes, I’m crazy enough to know that today is “PI” day. No, I did not forget the “E” at the end. Although, when I hear the word PI, the only thing I think of is crust, filling, and Cool Whip.
I most definitely do not think of math and school and numbers and and any other 3.14 things. Nope, definitely just sugar on the brain.
So, I remembered that today is national PI day, and of course I decided a week ago to bake a pie. #yesijustlied
Did you believe that? I hope not. One thing I most definitely am NOT is on top of things. You won’t find a perfectly clean and decorated house here. I am usually in my workout clothes until noon or later.
I hide from the mail lady because I am still in sweaty workout gear and haven’t showered yet. No one wants to see that! And most nights I suggest cereal for dinner because really it’s just easier than cooking.
It’s a good thing I married a guy who does like to perfect his Homemade Pizza Dough. He will take any chance he can get to make a pizza pie.
Oh, and I just realized that I haven’t dusted my dresser in like 6 months. Don’t believe the perfectly styled pictures of food that I share.
It’s definitely not how things look most days behind the scenes. We are real here too.
So of course, I decided totally last minute to make a pie for today. As in, I made it yesterday morning, photographed it, ate one slice, and immediately found someone to take it away before I ate it all!
The other night I wanted to bake a pie, but I was totally and completely undecided on what to make. I had a box of chocolate pudding and some Cool Whip, but just couldn’t decide what to do with it.
I know, I know. This coming from the person with lists upon lists of things to bake and create. All I could think of was this Fudge Bottom Banana Cream Pie, but I wanted something different.
My hubby suggested asking on Facebook what everyone’s favorite pie was. It was fun to read through all the delicious flavors, but the one that stood out to me was COCONUT!
I kind of puffy heart love coconut, but none of our kids got that gene. So I enjoyed one piece and then found a coconut loving family to share this chocolate coconut pie with.
Yes, I am crazy enough to bake a whole coconut pie just so I can eat one slice. It’s just what I do. Most treats I make for my family to eat. This happened to be a pie just for me.
I would have shared with my husband, but he is better at resisting sweets. Why can’t I have that willpower? I want to like veggies, but I like pie more!
Although, I had to start buying the big containers of Cool Whip because it was mysteriously disappearing from our freezer. Now here’s the kicker. It’s the no sweets husband of mine. Yup, his guilty secret is eating spoonfuls of frozen Cool Whip. Then when I need some, half the container is missing.
How to make a Coconut Fudge Pie:
- Bake and cool a pie crust. If you want to make this a no bake coconut cream pie, go ahead and make a graham cracker or Oreo cookie crust. (full recipe at bottom of post)
- Beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and extract until creamy. Add some Cool Whip and mix it again.
- Stir in sweetened shredded coconut and then gently spread this no bake cheesecake layer in the bottom of the cooled crust.
- Whisk together the milk and pudding mix. Refrigerate for a few minutes to thicken it up.
- Spoon the pudding gently on top of the coconut layer and spread it out.
- Top this easy coconut cream pie with the remaining coconut and sprinkle with some toasted coconut.
What are you waiting for? I suggest eating 3.14 slices to celebrate since it is PI day.
More delicious pie recipes you may enjoy:
Make this easy no bake Cookies and Cream Chocolate Pie when you need a chocolate fix. Layers of cookies and chocolate pudding will make this pie your new favorite dessert.
Layers of cheesecake and homemade pie filling make this Cheesecake Apple Pie the best pie. Enjoy a slice with ice cream and caramel.
Peanut butter swirls and chocolate covered pretzels add a fun flair to this Chubby Hubby Ice Cream Pie. This easy dessert is the perfect summer dessert!
Bring these fun bite-sized Mini Lemon Cheesecake Pies to your dinner parties this spring. Lemon pie filling and cheesecake is such a great combo. You should try it.
This delicious no-bake Key Lime Margarita Pie is quick and easy to whip up and has a wonderful sweet and salty flavor. Perfect for summer or Cinco De Mayo!
This No Bake Chocolate Cream Pie is a delicious and easy dessert to put together when it is too hot to bake. Perfect no bake pie for summer!
Connect more with Inside BruCrew Life!
Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also created a fun new Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #brucrewlifebaking, so I can see all the Inside BruCrew Life recipes you are making.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 8 ounce container Cool Whip, thawed & divided
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut, divided
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3.4 ounce box instant chocolate fudge pudding
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Unroll the pie crust and place it in a 9 inch pie plate. Crimp the edges and bake for 10 minutes. Cool.
- Beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and extract until creamy.
- Add 2/3 cup Cool Whip and beat again.
- Stir in 1 cup coconut. Spread in the bottom of the pie shell.
- Whisk together the milk and pudding mix. Refrigerate for 3-5 minutes.
- Spoon the pudding gently on top of the coconut filling. Top with the remaining Cool Whip.
- Spread the remaining coconut on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 4-5 minutes. Stir every minute. Watch carefully so it doesn't burn.
- Let the toasted coconut cool before sprinkling on top of the pie. Store the pie in the refrigerator in a sealed container.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 390Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 225mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 2gSugar: 28gProtein: 5g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.
*The recipe for Coconut Fudge Pie was originally published on March 14, 2014. The photos have been updated and it was republished on March 14, 2019.