This easy no bake Cookies and Cream Pie is made with an Oreo crust, cookie filling, and chocolate pudding. Top it with whipped cream and more cookies for a show stopping dessert.
Since we had another package of cookies and I was craving pie, I decided to make a chocolate Oreo pie for dessert.
Why This Works
This chocolate cookies and cream pie is so easy to make. It is completely no bake, so there is no need to turn on the oven when it is super hot outside.
Not only does the Oreo filling come together in minutes, it is also creamy and delicious. It goes so well with the chocolate cookie crust.
As the pie chills, the cookie chunks soften up and add the most delicious cookies and cream flavor. It's the perfect dessert for Oreo lovers.
This easy Oreo pudding pie is a crowd favorite. It's a great recipe to serve at summer picnics or potluck dinners.
This Oreo pie is seriously so easy to make. You will only need a few simple ingredients to make this easy no bake pie.
- Oreo Crust - You can use a store bought crust or make a homemade Oreo cookie crust and let it chill 30 minutes.
- Cream Filling - A mixture of softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, and Oreo cookie pieces.
- Chocolate Pudding - One instant chocolate fudge pudding mix, milk, and Cool Whip makes the creamy chocolate layer.
- Cool Whip - Adds a fluffy texture to the pudding and adds a pretty topping to the Oreo pie.
- Topping - Hot fudge lines and mini Oreo cookies make the top so pretty.
How To Make
This easy Oreo cream pie comes together in a matter of minutes. It's the perfect pie recipe for beginning bakers.
Just make sure to let it chill in the fridge for a few hours before cutting and serving.
Step One: Cream Filling
- Beat the softened cream cheese and powdered sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Gently fold in a little bit of Cool Whip to give it a lighter texture.
- Stir in a few chopped Oreo cookie chunks gently.
Step Two: Pudding
- Whisk together the chocolate pudding mix and milk in a bowl until thick.
- Gently stir in some Cool Whip to give it some creaminess and a fluffy texture.
Step Three: Assemble
- Use a rubber spatula to spread the cookies and cream filling in the bottom of a prepared 9 inch cookie crust.
- Spoon the chocolate pudding evenly on top.
- Spread Cool Whip over the top of the pie covering all the pudding. Refrigerate until set.
- Add hot fudge drizzles, Cool Whip swirls, and mini Oreo cookies to the top of the pie right before serving.
- Make the Oreo cookie crust ahead of time. Cover the pie plate and store it in the refrigerator until ready to fill it.
- Bake the pie crust if you prefer a crunchy crust texture to contrast the creamy filling.
- Set your cream cheese out ahead of time, so it is easier to make the Oreo filling.
- Try using different flavors of Oreos to give the filling a new taste. Mint and peanut butter would be delicious.
- To give your chocolate pudding layer a richer chocolate flavor, use chocolate milk.
- Use a piping bag and icing tip 1M to make large bakery style swirls on the top of the pie.
- This pie tastes and looks so much better if you give it time to chill in the fridge.
Place the pie in a container, cover it tightly, and keep it in the refrigerator. It will keep for 3-4 days, if it lasts that long.
I do not recommend freezing this pudding pie because the texture of instant pudding changes once it thaws.
Do I have to use Cool Whip in this pie?
Not at all. If you prefer, you can make 2-3 batches of this homemade whipped topping. It is delicious and holds up in no bake recipes just as well.
Can you use a store bought Oreo crust?
You can, but they are a little bit smaller. So just make sure you do not overfill it when you add the pudding and Cool Whip topping.
Can this pie be made ahead of time?
Yes, this is a great dessert to make ahead of time because it needs time to chill and set up in the fridge. It really is best if served within 24-48 hours of making it.
Other Oreo Desserts
More Easy Pie Recipes
- Peanut Butter Pudding Pie
- Banana Cream Chocolate Pie
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cream Pie
- Peanut Butter Pie Bars
Love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please leave a 5 star ⭐️ rating and/or a review in the comments section further below.
*This post for Cookies and Cream Chocolate Pie was originally posted on March 13, 2015. The post was updated and republished May 7, 2022.