This rich and creamy no bake Chocolate Cream Pie recipe with Oreo crust is the perfect dessert for any occasion. It is easy to make and there is no baking involved, so you can enjoy this delicious pie in no time at all.
One of my favorite things to make when I'm short on time are no bake pies. I love that I can have a cookie crust and creamy filling done in under 20 minutes.
This cookies and cream pie and this peanut butter chocolate pie are a few of our favorites.
I was in a chocolate mood this time, so a triple layer chocolate pie had to happen. This is the perfect dessert when you want a chocolate fix in a hurry.
Why Make This Pie
This chocolate cream pie is easy to make. It is completely no bake, so it is the perfect dessert to make when it is hot outside.
It has two smooth and creamy chocolate fillings that go so well with the chocolate cookie crust and chocolate whipped cream.
Chocolate lovers will love this delicious cream pie. It's the perfect dessert to celebrate any occasion.
What You'll Need
Make this no bake chocolate pie recipe for dessert and watch the layers disappear in minutes. Be sure to stock up on ingredients, so you can make this sweet treat anytime you are craving chocolate.
- Oreo Cookie Crust - You can use a store bought crust or make a homemade Oreo cookie crust and let it chill 30 minutes.
- Chocolate Cream Layer - A mixture of cream cheese, powdered sugar, and melted baking chocolate makes a smooth chocolate layer.
- Chocolate Pudding Layer - One instant chocolate fudge pudding mix, milk, and whipped cream gives this layer a fluffy texture.
- Chocolate Whipped Cream - Make a homemade whipped cream with heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and cocoa powder. It adds a fluffy texture to the pudding and a pretty topping to the chocolate cream pie.
How to Make a No Bake Chocolate Pie
This easy chocolate cream pie recipe is rich and creamy, and you are going to love the Oreo crust. It gives the pie an extra layer of chocolate flavor.
- Make an Oreo crust. Crush the cookies in a food processor. Stir in the butter and press the mixture firmly on the sides and bottom of a pie plate. Refrigerate while you make the filling.
- Whip together a chocolate whipped cream. Place the mixing bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer for 10 minutes. Remove and beat the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and cocoa powder in the chilled large bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Make the chocolate cream filling. Beat the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, and melted chocolate until smooth and creamy.
- Make chocolate pudding. Whisk together the instant chocolate pudding and cold milk until it thickens. Fold in some of the whipped cream gently to give it creaminess and fluff.
- Assemble the pie. Spread the chocolate filling in the bottom of the pie crust. Spoon the chocolate pudding evenly over the filling. Spread 1 cup of chocolate whipped cream completely over the top using an angled spatula. Refrigerate until set.
- Decorate the pie. Swirl the rest of the whipped cream around the edges of the pie, and top with mini Oreo cookies. Drizzle slices of pie with hot fudge before serving.
In the Fridge - Place the chocolate pie in a container, cover it tightly, and keep it in the refrigerator. It will keep for 3-4 days, if it lasts that long.
In the Freezer - I do not recommend freezing this pudding pie because the texture of instant pudding changes once it thaws.
Tips and Tricks
- Lightly spray the pie pan with nonstick spray. This will help to slide the pie slices out easier when you cut them.
- 2% or whole milk will give the Jello chocolate pudding layer a rich and creamy texture.
- Feel free to use a semi sweet chocolate or dark chocolate baking bar depending on how dark you want your pie filling.
- Use a warm sharp knife to make clean nice cuts. Wipe it off with a paper towel in between cuts.
- Top slices with chocolate shavings or sprinkles for even more chocolate flavor.
- Turn this into a s'mores pie by making a graham cracker crust and topping it with homemade whipped topping and chocolate bars.
- Set your cream cheese out ahead of time, so it is easier to beat into the filling.
Yes, you can. One 8 ounce container is enough to make the layers and decorate the top. If you want a thicker top layer, use two containers.
You can, but they are a little bit smaller. I recommend buying 2 crusts and dividing the filling evenly into each one.
Yes, this is a great dessert to make ahead of time because it needs time to chill and set up in the fridge. It really is best if served within 24-48 hours of making it.
Other No Bake Recipes
- Cherry Lime Pie
- Lemon Jello Pie
- Mini Key Lime Pies
- Easy Tiramisu recipe
- Peanut Butter Pie Bars
- Mini Strawberry Pies
- Chubby Hubby Ice Cream Pie
Love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please leave a 5 star ⭐️ rating and/or a review in the comments section further below.
*The post for No Bake Chocolate Cream Pie was first published June 2017. It was updated and republished August 2022.
Excellent! Not too sweet and easy to make but looks and tastes like it took hours. The only change I made was add a teaspoon to the whipped cream and chocolate mixture. I did pipe rosettes on the top of the pie and it looked lovely. Will make sgain
I modified it quite a bit, I used semi sweet choc chips, jello instant choc pudding and a little more than a cup of milk,. Plus I did not use the dark drizzle ,my dizzle
Can I make this in a springform pan?
I think it would work fine, although I haven't tried it with this recipe. What size pan were you thinking about using? I would make sure the crust goes up the side of the springform pan to create a barrier for the filling. And depending on the size of the pan, you may need to double the recipe.
This looks like a great pie for this time of year! I'd like to make this soon, but I wanted to ask... Did you put this in the freezer to get those perfect-looking slices? This sounds like this could be a really yummy frozen pie. Have you tried that?
I have not tried freezing this particular pie, but I think that could be pretty good too. To get nice clean cuts for pictures, I run my knife under hot water, dry it off, and make a cut. Then repeat that for every single cut that I want to look perfect. Honestly, if we are just eating it at home, I don't do that though.
So good! It turned out fantastic and it was so nice to make a dessert without warming up the house.
You had me until instant pudding. I just cant do that. It looks amazing so I may make my own pudding and try this!
This is a great pie!! I've made it 3 times already. Was a huge it every time I served it. Especially my 17 yr old sons birthday. He said, " I think this is the best dessert you've ever made for me"
And so easy!!
Thank you so much for stopping back in to tell me how much your family loves this pie. That means so much to me!!!
Hi can I substitute the dark baking chocolate with semi sweet chocolate chips??
I think that would work just fine if that's all you have on hand right now. 2/3 cup chips should be equivalent to the 4 ounces. I hope that helps and that you enjoy the pie!
Does this pie hold up well overnight? I want to make it for thanksgiving and would like to make today.
Sorry we were out of town today. Yes, this pie would be ok to make the day before. I hope you enjoy it!
Ok, to make the day before? Will the whipped topping hold up? Wanting to make this for Thanksgiving dessert and want to make today, so it's one less thing to worry about tomorrow. ????
Sorry we were out of town for the day. Yes, it is perfectly fine to make it ahead of time. I hope you enjoy it!
This looks delicious. Does it have to be refrigerated after it is set? I am thinking about making it for a bake sale, but wasn't sure if it could sit out all day.
It does need to be refrigerated because of the dairy in all the layers.
Is the dark chocolate baking chocolate sweetened or unsweetened?
I believe the bar that I used was semi-sweet. I like to use Baker's chocolate. I hope you enjoy it!
Looks yummy! Just made it and I'm waiting for it to chill before I try it!
I would suggest rewriting the instructions a little because some of how it was worded was confusing and I had to watch the video for some clarification and compare it with the instructions to understand it sometimes.
I hope you enjoy it! Ok, so I read through the directions and it all sounds fine and clear to me. What were you confused on?
Hello.can you please indicate what is the actule temp to set for the macaroons.
Because i am from the Island of Guam...so it is humit...is it like baking cotton cheese cake.
I'm not sure what you are trying to make. This recipe is for a no bake pie. There is no baking or temperature involved.
I am DROOLING over this dish. These look too good to be true
Yeah. I just made this and it's really REALLY good.