This No Bake Chocolate Cream Pie is a delicious and easy dessert to put together when it is too hot to bake. Perfect no bake pie for any picnic or party this summer!
Be the first to get these recipes. Sign up for the free BruCrew email to have them sent to your inbox.
With it being hot and sunny, our kids are enjoying some time at the pool with their friends. The other day though, our youngest son asked me if I could buy him a new swimsuit because his old one was getting tight. I didn’t remember buying him one last year, so I said yes. I had him bring me his old suit, so I could take a look at the size.
Turns out the poor child hasn’t had a new swimsuit in a few years because this one was a 6/7. And he is 13 years old. Now for the record, he is a tiny, skinny little thing and has always been a few sizes smaller than his actual age. Swim suits tend to get looser when they are wet, so he has always liked his tighter. Although, we were just at the pool the other day, and I couldn’t tell this one was too small.
So, I headed out to Old Navy for a few new suits for him. Gotta love super cash days, right? Now here’s the dilemma when shopping for a younger teenager who still wears little boy clothes. There are not many plain or simple options. Most kiddy suits have characters or animals on them. I found one that was blue, but it had a giant shark across the front and back. Now in my mind I didn’t see anything wrong with it because the blue was fun. Yeah, he wasn’t so fond of it. Thankfully they had stocked the racks overnight, and I found a striped blue and yellow in his size that he liked.
If the boy would just eat all the food, he wouldn’t have these clothing issues. He has always been our pickiest eater, but it has gotten worse as he has gotten older. He doesn’t like very many meats. In fact, right now the only kind of chicken he will eat is canned or Steak & Shake. And if we would let him, he would eat ramen and homemade chocolate chip brownies for just about every meal. Thankfully he does like veggies, so he will eat salad every time we have it.
His sweet tooth has gotten bigger over the years though. I don’t know why he is still so tiny because he is the biggest candy and cookie stealing thief in our house. I find empty wrappers hidden in the back of the pantry all the time. He definitely knows all my hiding spots.
I guess it’s time to start hiding the sweets in the real food cupboard since he never looks in that one. LOL!
I knew if I wanted to make this easy no bake pie, I would have to buy extra cookies because the Oreo cookies tend to go missing in action very quickly. Some crushed cookies and melted butter makes an easy pie crust for any filling. One of my favorite easy treats to make with a cookie crust are these no bake chocolate cream tarts. I like to refrigerate the pie crust while I am mixing up the different layers because it helps it set up faster.
This no bake chocolate cream pie is similar to the tart but it has three layers of chocolate goodness. Four if you count the crust.
Spread the layer of chocolate cheesecake in the bottom of the crust first. Top that with a creamy chocolate pudding layer. And for the final layer, whip up a batch of homemade chocolate whipped cream. You could totally use Cool Whip, if you want to make it even easier, but trust me and try this homemade version. Plus, it’s chocolate so why would you not want to try it.
The great thing about this pie is that it sets up very quickly. Give it about 15-30 minutes in the fridge after layering everything and then you can slice into it.
It’s the perfect easy dessert for when it is too hot to bake, and you need a chocolate fix in a hurry. Yes, I realize a chocolate candy bar or a bag of chocolate chips would be much faster, but this pie looks fancier and tastes so much better!
If you are still craving some easy chocolate goodness, I suggest checking out these recipes from some of my friends. The candy bar lover in me is drooling over these no bake Snickers crunch bars! And then there are these no bake chocolate peanut butter pretzel cookies that are calling out to the sweet and salty lover in me. So fun to add salty pretzels to no bake cookies! This fudge brownie no bake cheesecake is definitely on my must make list for this summer! It looks a chocolate lover’s dream come true!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
For the Crust
- 20 Oreo cookies
- 5 Tablespoons butter, melted
For the Chocolate Whipped Cream
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons dark cocoa powder
For the Pie
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 ounces dark chocolate baking bar, melted
- 1 - 3.4 ounce box instant chocolate fudge pudding
- 1 cup milk
- mini Oreos, for garnish
- hot fudge, for garnish
- Place the cookies, cream included, in a food processor. Pulse until cookies become crumbs. Stir in the melted butter.
- Press the mixture firmly on the bottom and sides of a 9 inch pie plate. Refrigerate.
- Place your metal mixing bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer for 10 minutes. Remove and beat the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and cocoa until stiff peaks form. Refrigerate until needed.
- Beat the cream cheese,sugar, and melted chocolate until creamy. Spread evenly in the bottom of the pie crust. Return to the refrigerator.
- Whisk together the pudding mix and milk until it thickens. Fold in 1 cup of the prepared chocolate whipped cream gently. Spread this layer on top of the chocolate cheesecake.
- Spread another 1 cup of the chocolate whipped cream on top of the pie.
- Swirl the remaining whipped cream around the edges of the pie. Top with the mini Oreos, if desired. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- Cut into slices. Drizzle each slice with warm hot fudge before serving, if desired.
- Ninja Blender/Food Processor with 450-Watt Base, 48oz Pitcher, 16oz Chopper Bowl, and 40oz Processor Bowl for Shakes, Smoothies, and Meal Prep (QB1004)
- Anchor Hocking 9 inch Pie Plate Pack of 2
- Wilton 402-2110 1M Open Star Piping Tip
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 543 Total Fat: 37g Saturated Fat: 21g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 13g Cholesterol: 83mg Sodium: 273mg Carbohydrates: 49g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 36g Protein: 5g