This rich and creamy no bake Chocolate Cream Pie recipe with Oreo crust is the perfect dessert for any occasion. It is easy to make and there is no baking involved, so you can enjoy this delicious pie in no time at all.
One of my favorite things to make when I'm short on time are no bake pies. I love that I can have a cookie crust and creamy filling done in under 20 minutes.
I was in a chocolate mood this time, so a triple layer chocolate pie had to happen. This is the perfect dessert when you want a chocolate fix in a hurry.
Why Make This Pie
This chocolate cream pie is easy to make. It is completely no bake, so it is the perfect dessert to make when it is hot outside.
It has two smooth and creamy chocolate fillings that go so well with the chocolate cookie crust and chocolate whipped cream.
Chocolate lovers will love this delicious cream pie. It's the perfect dessert to celebrate any occasion.
What You'll Need
Make this no bake chocolate pie recipe for dessert and watch the layers disappear in minutes. Be sure to stock up on ingredients, so you can make this sweet treat anytime you are craving chocolate.
- Oreo Cookie Crust - You can use a store bought crust or make a homemade Oreo cookie crust and let it chill 30 minutes.
- Chocolate Cream Layer - A mixture of cream cheese, powdered sugar, and melted baking chocolate makes a smooth chocolate layer.
- Chocolate Pudding Layer - One instant chocolate fudge pudding mix, milk, and whipped cream gives this layer a fluffy texture.
- Chocolate Whipped Cream - Make a homemade whipped cream with heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and cocoa powder. It adds a fluffy texture to the pudding and a pretty topping to the chocolate cream pie.
How to Make a No Bake Chocolate Pie
This easy chocolate cream pie recipe is rich and creamy, and you are going to love the Oreo crust. It gives the pie an extra layer of chocolate flavor.
- Make an Oreo crust. Crush the cookies in a food processor. Stir in the butter and press the mixture firmly on the sides and bottom of a pie plate. Refrigerate while you make the filling.
- Whip together a chocolate whipped cream. Place the mixing bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer for 10 minutes. Remove and beat the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and cocoa powder in the chilled large bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Make the chocolate cream filling. Beat the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, and melted chocolate until smooth and creamy.
- Make chocolate pudding. Whisk together the instant chocolate pudding and cold milk until it thickens. Fold in some of the whipped cream gently to give it creaminess and fluff.
- Assemble the pie. Spread the chocolate filling in the bottom of the pie crust. Spoon the chocolate pudding evenly over the filling. Spread 1 cup of chocolate whipped cream completely over the top using an angled spatula. Refrigerate until set.
- Decorate the pie. Swirl the rest of the whipped cream around the edges of the pie, and top with mini Oreo cookies. Drizzle slices of pie with hot fudge before serving.
In the Fridge - Place the chocolate pie in a container, cover it tightly, and keep it in the refrigerator. It will keep for 3-4 days, if it lasts that long.
In the Freezer - I do not recommend freezing this pudding pie because the texture of instant pudding changes once it thaws.
Tips and Tricks
- Lightly spray the pie pan with nonstick spray. This will help to slide the pie slices out easier when you cut them.
- 2% or whole milk will give the Jello chocolate pudding layer a rich and creamy texture.
- Feel free to use a semi sweet chocolate or dark chocolate baking bar depending on how dark you want your pie filling.
- Use a warm sharp knife to make clean nice cuts. Wipe it off with a paper towel in between cuts.
- Top slices with chocolate shavings or sprinkles for even more chocolate flavor.
- Turn this into a s'mores pie by making a graham cracker crust and topping it with homemade whipped topping and chocolate bars.
- Set your cream cheese out ahead of time, so it is easier to beat into the filling.
Yes, you can. One 8 ounce container is enough to make the layers and decorate the top. If you want a thicker top layer, use two containers.
You can, but they are a little bit smaller. I recommend buying 2 crusts and dividing the filling evenly into each one.
Yes, this is a great dessert to make ahead of time because it needs time to chill and set up in the fridge. It really is best if served within 24-48 hours of making it.
Other No Bake Recipes
- Cherry Lime Pie
- Lemon Jello Pie
- Mini Key Lime Pies
- Easy Tiramisu recipe
- Peanut Butter Pie Bars
- Mini Strawberry Pies
- Chubby Hubby Ice Cream Pie
Love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please leave a 5 star ⭐️ rating and/or a review in the comments section further below.
*The post for No Bake Chocolate Cream Pie was first published June 2017. It was updated and republished August 2022.