This Jiffy Corn Casserole recipe is a classic side dish made with 5 ingredients and 5 minutes of work. Bring this easy corn casserole to any dinner, potluck, or holiday meal, and everyone will ask for the recipe.
Jiffy Corn Casserole
Let's be real. Holidays are really all about the side dishes and desserts. Am I right? I feel like I just go through the motions by making some type of meat.
I usually just take a tiny sliver of turkey or ham and then fill the rest of my plate with stuffing muffins, classic green bean casserole, easy sweet potato casserole, and lots of this easy Jiffy corn casserole!
This 5 ingredient corn casserole is one of those side dishes that I just can't get enough of. It is always a crowd favorite at picnics, potlucks, and holiday dinners.
If you are looking for cornbread, try my skillet cornbread.
What is the difference in Corn Casserole and Corn Pudding?
These two side dishes are essentially the same thing. The difference comes from adding different ingredients or using a different combination of ingredients.
- Corn Casserole is a creamy version of cornbread. It will usually hold the shape when cut or scooped.
- Corn Pudding is much more moist, and has a looser more custard-like texture. It generally falls apart when scooped.
Whether you call it sweet corn casserole or easy corn pudding, it is a classic side dish that always gets rave reviews.
You will only need 5 ingredients to make this creamy corn casserole. It's easy to mix up and tastes amazing.
- Whole Kernel Corn - Canned corn is the traditional ingredient because it is affordable. Drain the canned sweet corn before adding it to the mixture. You can also use fresh or frozen corn.
- Cream Style Corn - This creamy canned corn will add the moist and creamy texture to the corn casserole. Do not drain this corn!
- Corn Muffin Mix - I use a box of dry Jiffy corn muffin mix because that is our favorite.
- Sour Cream - The tangy flavor balances out the sweet flavor from the corn and adds moisture. Full, light, or fat-free will work.
- Butter - Adds a rich and buttery flavor to the side dish. I use unsalted butter, but you can also use salted butter.
BRUCREW TIP: Jiffy also has a honey corn muffin mix and a yellow cake mix that you can use in place of the regular Jiffy mix. Either of those will make it more of a sweet corn casserole.
How to make Easy Corn Casserole
- Butter an 8x8 or 9x9 casserole dish.
- Stir everything together gently.
- Pour into buttered dish and bake until set.
BRUCREW TIP: Save time by mixing everything together in the baking dish.
- Sugar - Add 2-4 Tablespoons sugar to make it a sweet corn casserole.
- Cheese - Stir in 1 cup of your favorite shredded cheese before baking. Add ½ cup of shredded cheese to the top for a cheesy corn casserole.
- Green Chiles - Add some spice by stirring in a can of drained green chiles before baking.
- Eggs - Mix in 1-2 eggs, so the easy corn casserole bakes up firmer.
- Bacon - Cook or fry bacon ahead of time and stir 1 cup crumbled bacon into the batter.
Can you make a sweet corn casserole ahead of time?
Yes, you can mix up the corn mixture and spread it in the pan. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. When you are ready to bake it, remove it from the fridge 30 minutes before baking. Be sure to take off the plastic wrap before baking.
Can easy corn casserole be made in a crock pot?
It sure can. Just spoon the corn mixture into a buttered crock pot. Using a crock pot can save on oven space during the holiday season.
Cook on low for 4 hours or on high for 2 ½ hours. Make sure to watch the casserole as all slow cookers are cook differently.
How do you serve this Jiffy Corn Casserole recipe?
It's totally a preference on whether to serve it as scoops or squares. When the corn casserole is hot, it is easier to serve it with a spoon. When the corn casserole cools slightly, you can cut it into squares to evenly portion the dish out.
Do you need eggs in this corn casserole?
No. This particular corn casserole recipe is egg free.
Baking for a crowd?
Make a double batch of the 5 ingredient corn casserole and bake it in a 9x13 pan. You may need to add a few extra minutes for baking.
More Easy Side Dishes
Love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please consider leaving a 5 star ⭐️ rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further below.
- 1 - 15 ounce can sweet whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 - 15 ounce can cream style corn
- 1 - 8 ounce box dry Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter an 8x8 or 9x9 casserole dish.
- Mix together the sweet corn, cream corn, dry corn bread mix, sour cream, and melted butter.
- Spoon into prepared dish. Bake for 50-60 minutes, depending on your pan size.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Do not make the corn bread mix according to the box directions. You are only using the dry mix.
- Double the ingredients and bake in a 9x13 pan.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 228Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 213mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 4g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.