Low Carb Chicken Alfredo Soup is the perfect meal when you want healthy comfort food. This zoodle soup combines chicken soup, chicken Alfredo, and healthy zucchini noodles in one big pot.
It's an awesome low carb meal that will get two thumbs up from everyone.
Chicken Zoodle Soup
Say hello to my new favorite dinner. This chicken alfredo soup with zoodles has been on repeat for the past few weeks since I first made it on a whim. I just can't get enough of it!!!
Even though it is mostly warm and sunny here in Florida, we do get cool rainy weather occasionally. These cooler wet days call for warm delicious comfort food dinners. But just because we are eating low carb does not mean we have to give up that comfort food.
Using zucchini noodles instead of pasta keeps the carb count down in this healthy chicken soup recipe.
I love that this chicken zoodle soup can be on the dinner table in under 30 minutes. Great weeknight option when you are busy and have hungry humans to feed.
How to make Zucchini Noodles (Zoodles)
Using a spiralizer is the easiest way to make zoodles, but if you do not have one available you can use a vegetable peeler or mandolin to cut the zucchini into noodles.
You can also use a box grater to shred it. Use the largest hole, so the pieces resemble noodles.
These zoodles do not need to cook very long at all. In fact, I usually just drop them into the hot soup right before serving bowls of the chicken alfredo soup to my family. This keeps them slightly crisp.
- Veggies - A mixture of onions, peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, and garlic make this a hearty veggie soup.
- Chicken - You can use whatever chicken you have on hand. Try grilled chicken, canned chicken, Instant pot chicken, or pick up a rotisserie chicken from the store. All three work great and will taste amazing in this Keto friendly soup.
- Chicken Broth - Creates the base for the chicken zoodle soup.
- Alfredo Sauce - My favorite Alfredo sauce right now comes from Trader Joes, but any jarred alfredo sauce will do. You can also make a homemade if you prefer.
- Zucchini - Spiralized into zoodles.
- Seasoning - Salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes add flavor.
How to make Low Carb Chicken Alfredo Zoodle Soup
This chicken zoodle soup comes together in minutes. Everything just needs to be heated up together before you serve it.
- Chop the onion, green pepper, and mushrooms into bite sized pieces. Sauté the veggies in a large pot with a little bit of olive oil for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the cooked chicken, a can of drained, diced tomatoes (use ones with green chilis for a little extra spice), garlic, and chicken broth.
- Bring the mixture to a low boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Stir in the Alfredo sauce and stir until heated through.
- Drop the zoodles into the chicken broth right before serving.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper and enjoy.
- Use sliced or crumbled cooked sausage in place of the chicken to make a sausage zoodle soup.
- Leave out the Alfredo sauce to keep it more of a traditional chicken zoodle soup.
Keep the healthy chicken soup in a sealed container in the fridge for 3-4 days. Reheat in the microwave whenever you get hungry.
More healthy zucchini recipes
- Healthy Zucchini Salad
- Stuffed Zucchini with bacon
- Lean and Green Shrimp (with zoodles)
- Pizza Zucchini Noodles
- Zucchini Slaw
Love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please consider leaving a 5 star ⭐️ rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further below.