Bacon Cheeseburger Stuffed Zucchini is a delicious and fresh way to get those veggies into your life. This easy low carb dinner recipe is full of flavor and color and will become your new go to meal.
Eating healthy is not something that comes easy to me. I grew up eating comfort food, and we made a lot of comfort food early in our marriage.
The past few years we have learned how to eat better, how to hydrate more often, how to exercise regularly, and how to plan more healthy dinners. Some of our favorites are these lean and green stuffed peppers and this low carb fish taco bowl.
Trust me, making healthy meals isn’t natural to me. I would rather bake a fun dessert instead of making lean and green recipes. But I actually really like eating these healthy meals, so I’m stretching myself more.
One of our favorite dinners right now are stuffed zucchinis. They are easy to make and can be stuffed with so many different things. I decided to add a delicious cheeseburger filling to these zucchini boats.
These Bacon Cheeseburger Zucchinis actually moved into our top five favorites very quickly. It could be the fact that they have bacon inside and on top of them. That’s probably why.
Whatever the reason, these stuffed zucchini boats were extremely delicious, and our teenage daughter has requested them again and again. I’m calling that a low carb dinner win!
Ingredients You Need
These zucchini boats with bacon are filled with a mixture of meats, veggies, and cheese. See the full ingredient list at the bottom of the post.
- Zucchinis – Choose medium sized zucchinis so they are tender.
- Ground Beef – I like to choose a leaner ground beef for our recipes, but any one will work.
- Veggies – Diced onions and tomatoes plus minced garlic add a fresh flavor.
- Bacon – Cooked, drained, and crumbled.
- Spices – Oregano, salt, and pepper add flavor.
- Cheese – A mixture of cheddar cheese and grated parmesan cheese help to thicken the filling and also add the cheese to the burger.
- Toppings – Extra tomatoes, bacon, and lettuce added to the top of the zucchini boats make them look fancy and taste delicious.
How to make Bacon Cheeseburger Stuffed Zucchini
These easy low carb zucchini boats have all the flavor of your favorite bacon cheeseburger. Enjoy a keto friendly dinner that is healthy and delicious. You won’t even miss the bun!
Step One: Prepare the Zucchini
- Cut your zucchinis in half long ways. Use a spoon to scoop out the centers. Make sure you go deep enough, but not through the bottom or sides.
- Brush a little bit of olive oil on the hollowed zucchinis and place them in a 9×13 baking dish.
Step Two: Make the Bacon Cheeseburger Filling
- Cook the meat and onions in a large skillet until browned. Drain any excess oil.
- Stir in the garlic, tomatoes, bacon, seasonings, and chopped zucchini pulp.
- Bring the mixture to a slight boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes. You want some of the liquid to evaporate out.
- Add the cheese and stir until it melts.
Step Three: Assemble the Zucchini Boats
- Spoon the cheeseburger mixture into the prepared zucchini boats.
- Pack it in and mound it up, then sprinkle on some more cheese.
- Bake the zucchini boats for 25 minutes.
- Serve with lettuce, tomatoes, bacon, and green onions for the total cheeseburger experience.
- Don’t like zucchini? Serve the cheeseburger filling on low carb wraps or lettuce cups.
- You can use ground turkey in this recipe to make it a little lighter.
These cheeseburger stuffed zucchinis are really best served right after making them.
You can keep the cooked cheeseburger zucchini boats in a tightly sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in the oven or microwave. FYI: Zucchini will get a little mushy when reheating.
I do not recommend freezing the zucchinis because the consistency changes, and they get very watery when they thaw.
More healthy recipes
- Lean and Green Shrimp (with Zoodles)
- Cauliflower Sausage Soup
- Lean and Green Soup
- Pizza Zucchini Noodles
- Coconut Curry Shrimp
- Homemade Cauliflower Rice
- Cauliflower Chicken Fried Rice
- Low Carb Chicken Zoodle Soup
Love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please consider leaving a 5 star ⭐️ rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further below.
- 3 medium zucchinis
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 - 14 ounce can petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 3/4 cup cooked crumbled bacon, divided
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- diced tomatoes
- shredded lettuce
- diced green onions
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the zucchinis in half horizontally. Scoop out the centers with a large spoon.Coat the interior with olive oil and place in a 9x13 pan.
- Place the hamburger and onion in a large skillet. Stir and cook until the meat is cooked through.
- Stir in the centers of the zucchinis, garlic, tomatoes, 1/2 cup bacon, oregano, salt, and pepper and bring to a slight boil. Lower the temperature and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese and 3/4 cup cheddar cheese. Spoon the mixture evenly into the zucchini shells, mounding it up. Sprinkle the tops with the remaining cheese. Bake 25 minutes.
- Serve immediately with extra bacon, tomatoes, lettuce, and green onions.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 483Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 119mgSodium: 974mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 38g