Bacon Cheeseburger Stuffed Zucchini is a delicious and fresh way to get those veggies into your life. This easy low carb dinner is full of flavor and color and will become your new go to meal.
*Sign up for the free BruCrew Life email to get these recipes sent to your inbox.
Now that the holiday weekend is over we can return to our previously scheduled healthy eating. Are you a seasonal healthy eater? You know the kind, right? I only know because I used to be one.
Start strong at the first of the year, and then fall off by month two. Get focused again before summer, but then fall off during summer vacation. Start the school year off by heading to the gym and planning healthy meals, and then get derailed by all the fall parties and treats. Then it’s the holidays and why bother.
And then the cycle starts all over again. At least that’s how I used to view healthy eating. Once my husband became a health coach we really took a look at our eating habits and made some changes to our eating lifestyle.
Now don’t get me wrong, we still splurge here and there. And we still enjoy eating out and having treats. Those splurges are just more controlled and more moderated now.
It’s really not that hard to eat healthy once you get motivated to make those changes. It’s all about your wants and whys. Why do you want it?
For us, we didn’t want to always be out of breath, sluggish, and tired. We have three active teenagers, and we wanted to be able to keep up with them.
And if I’m being completely honest, we live in Florida now and it’s basically bathing suit season all year round, so I was extra motivated to get rid of some rolls. The dinner rolls and the chubby thigh rolls!
Trust me, that last one is my nemesis.
I would much rather be in the kitchen baking cake, cookies, muffins, donuts, cheesecake, cupcakes, or brownies. Basically anything that is NOT dinner related or lean and green.
But I’m pushing myself to create healthy dinner recipes that taste great. Ones that our teenagers will eat and will ask for again and again.
These Bacon Cheeseburger Zucchini actually moved into our top five favorites very quickly. It could be the fact that they have bacon inside and on top of them. That’s probably why.
Whatever the reason, these stuffed zucchini boats were extremely delicious, and our teenage daughter has requested them again and again. I’m calling that a low carb dinner win!
How to make Bacon Cheeseburger Stuffed Zucchini:
Cut your zucchinis in half long ways. Use a spoon to scoop out the centers. Make sure you go deep enough, but not through the bottom or sides. Brush a little bit of olive oil on the zucchinis and place them in a 9×13 dish.
Cook the meat and onions until browned. Stir in the garlic, tomatoes, bacon, seasonings, and chopped zucchini pulp. Bring this mixture to a slight boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes. You want some of the liquid to evaporate out.
Stir in the cheese and then spoon the mixture into the zucchini boats. Pack it in and mound it up, then sprinkle on some more cheese. Bake the zucchini boats for 25 minutes.
Serve with lettuce, tomatoes, bacon, and green onions for the total cheeseburger experience.
More healthy recipes you may like:
- Parmesan Garlic Shrimp Zucchini Noodles – zoodles, tomatoes, and parmesan coated shrimp makes this easy meal a hit
- Lean Mean Veggie Soup – a steamy bowl of this loaded veggie soup will fill you up and keep you on your goals
- Healthy Pizza Zucchini Salad – tomatoes, cheese, and pepperoni add a pizza twist to zucchini noodles
- Coconut Curry Shrimp – this easy and flavorful shrimp dinner can be on your table in under 30 minutes
- Easy Cauliflower Rice – this healthy vegetable can be substituted in so many different meals and no one will ever know it isn’t a carb
- Low Carb Market Chicken Skillet from A Spicy Perspective – this delicious chicken dinner will keep you on the straight and narrow path
- Cauliflower Chicken Fried Rice from Fifteen Spatulas – low carb and full of protein and veggies makes this the perfect healthy dinner
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also created a fun new Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Bacon Cheeseburger Stuffed Zucchini recipe:
- 3 medium zucchinis
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 - 14 ounce can petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 3/4 cup cooked crumbled bacon, divided
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- diced tomatoes
- shredded lettuce
- diced green onions
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the zucchinis in half horizontally. Scoop out the centers with a large spoon.Coat the interior with olive oil and place in a 9x13 pan.
- Place the hamburger and onion in a large skillet. Stir and cook until the meat is cooked through.
- Stir in the centers of the zucchinis, garlic, tomatoes, 1/2 cup bacon, oregano, salt, and pepper and bring to a slight boil. Lower the temperature and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese and 3/4 cup cheddar cheese. Spoon the mixture evenly into the zucchini shells, mounding it up. Sprinkle the tops with the remaining cheese. Bake 25 minutes.
- Serve immediately with extra bacon, tomatoes, lettuce, and green onions.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 483 Total Fat: 32g Saturated Fat: 13g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 15g Cholesterol: 119mg Sodium: 974mg Carbohydrates: 11g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 6g Protein: 38g