Add some magic to your baking with these soft Lucky Charms Cookies. Each one is packed full of colorful marshmallows, making them the perfect treat for St. Patrick's Day.
Why Make These
I love making cookie recipes for every holiday. Kiss cookies for Valentine's Day, carrot cake mix cookies for Easter, fireworks cookies for the 4th of July, and chocolate peppermint crunch cookies at Christmas.
So, of course for St. Patrick's day I had to use my favorite childhood cereal in some cookies. These soft cake mix cookies are loaded with white chocolate and colorful Lucky Charms marshmallows. Every bite will have you feeling like a kid again.
- Kid Friendly - The kiddos will have a blast pulling all the marshmallows out of the cereal box and mixing them into the cookie dough!
- Easy Cake Mix Cookie - If you haven't ever made cake mix cookies you will be amazed at how easy they are to make.
- Funfetti Flavor - Funfetti chips and Lucky Charms marshmallows make them magically delicious.
- Colorful Rainbow Cookie - Bright rainbow colors make them perfect for rainbow themed parties.
What are Lucky Cookies
These lucky cookies are soft cake mix cookies made with marshmallows from Lucky Charms cereal. They have marshmallows inside and out for a colorful and festive look. Will they change your luck? Try them and find out!
Cake mix cookies are easy to make and can be customized with so many different toppings. Sprinkles, candies, or Oreos are a few favorites. These cookies and cream cookies are the most popular on our site.
Just a few simple ingredients and a box of cereal is all you need for this Lucky Charms cookie recipe.
- Vanilla Cake Mix - You will only be using the dry powdered mix.
- Butter - Set it out ahead of time, so it is soft and easy to mix in.
- Egg - Provides the moisture needed to create a soft cookie dough.
- Cream Cheese - This is the secret ingredient that gives cake mix cookies a soft and gooey texture.
- Lucky Charms Marshmallows - These turn regular cake mix cookies into a colorful treat!
- Nestle Funfetti Chips - These white chocolate chips are cake flavored and have Funfetti sprinkles in them. They are the perfect addition to any treats.
How to Make Lucky Charms Cookies
You are going to love how easy it is to make these Lucky Charms cookies. Mix up the dough, refrigerate, then bake. It's seriously that easy.
- Make the dough. Mix together the dry cake mix, butter, cream cheese, egg, and vanilla until a soft dough forms.
- Add your mix-ins. Gently stir in the white chips and marshmallows. Save a few marshmallows for later. Do not over mix.
- Refrigerate the dough. Place the bowl in the fridge and chill the cookie dough for at least 90 minutes. (2 hours is better.)
- Roll and bake. Scoop the dough into 24 even balls, roll into a ball, and bake. Press a few marshmallows onto the cookies while they are still hot to make them even prettier.
On the Counter - Keep the cooled cookies in an airtight container for 3-4 days at room temperature. The marshmallows will become more soft and chewy the longer they sit.
In the Freezer - These cookies could be frozen, but the texture of the marshmallows will change when they are thawed.
Tips and Tricks
- Use a 2 tablespoon scoop out the dough into the same size balls.
- Refrigerate the lucky charms cookie dough for at least 90 minutes before baking. This will keep the cookies from spreading too much and make them bake up soft and puffy.
- Save some charm marshmallows to place on the tops of the cookies after they come out of the oven.
- Do not over bake! These cake mix cookies will look soft and under baked when you take them out of the oven. Just trust me, they will set up as they cool.
- Stir in the dehydrated marshmallows gently, so they don't break apart.
- Serve with green milk or a shamrock shake for a fun dessert.
This Lucky Charms cookie recipe makes 24 cookies. You can also scoop the dough into 36 small dough balls and bake them around 9 minutes.
Yes any dry cake mix will work. White looks the best because of all the other colors, but a yellow or funfetti mix would work as well.
Any type of dehydrated marshmallow will work, but the Lucky Charms cereal marshmallows are perfect for this cookie.
Other St Patrick's Day Treats
- Rainbow Cheesecake Parfaits
- Grasshopper Cheesecake Bars
- Shamrock Shake Sugar Cookie Bar
- Thin Mint Cheesecake
Do you love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please leave a 5-star ⭐️ rating and a review in the comments section below.