These easy Chocolate Chip Cookies and Cream Cookies are full of chocolate chips and Oreo cookies. They are the perfect after school snack, lunch box snack, or midnight snack. You choose!
For some reason this week I am obsessed with all things cookies.
I really think it is because last week we were on vacation, and I ate anything and everything I wanted. It was fun, for a while. Unfortunately, eating like that isn’t great for summer clothes wearing. I know summer is coming in just a few short months. Time to back off the sweets again.
Drinking a Vanilla Pineapple Smoothie + eating heathy dinners = wild and crazy cookie dreams! Just saying.
You would not believe how many new combos I have thought through in just one day! It must be the sugar withdrawals hitting me big time. Maybe just one little bite wouldn’t hurt…
I had to giggle at my daughter last night. My husband and I were discussing our food intake for the day, and he was telling me that I had plenty of room to have a protein bar if I wanted.
I must have been grumbling under my breath about this said healthy bar as I left the room, because all of a sudden I heard laughing in the living room.
Apparently my daughter was informing my hubby that “Mommy, doesn’t want that kind of bar. She wants Reese’s Gooey Cake Bars.” Man, does she know me or what!!!
Of course, now I have tons of ideas running through my head for more gooey bars too. Dang it!!!
These cookies and cream cookies made with a cake mix are one of my daughter’s favorite cookies. Of course, anything cookies and cream gets her vote.
Cookies get made at least once a week around here. Then I have to really stay out of the kitchen because those cookies tease me. I think they know that I am trying to cut back on sugar!
Cookies made from cake mixes are starting to become regulars around here. I hope you don’t mind a few more variations that I’m thinking through.
Tips on making Chocolate Chip Cookies and Cream Cookies:
Using a cake mix is a fun way to make easy cookies. Adding a little bit of cream cheese to the batter makes them so soft and delicious.
Feel free to use your favorite mix-ins. Today we went with Oreo cookie chunks and two kinds of chocolate chips. There is no right or wrong combo when it comes to these easy cake mix cookies.
Make sure you do not over bake them though. They will look under done when the timer goes off! Trust me and take your cookie pan out of the oven.
The cookies will continue to bake on the hot baking sheet! Give the cookies a tap with a flat spatula after 2 minutes. When they cool completely, they will be set up and ready to eat. Of course, I suggest trying them warm and gooey!
I promise you these soft cake mix cookies will not last long enough to tempt you during the day. My family gobbles these Chocolate Chip Cookies and Cream Cookies up in no time at all!
You can also change these cookies and cream cookies up for different holidays by adding colored candies and sprinkles. These Fireworks Cookies and Cream Cookies are loaded with lots of red, white, and blue fun.
More easy cake mix cookies recipes:
- Chocolate Chip Cherry Cookies – soft vanilla cookies loaded with chocolate chips and cherry chunks and topped with a hidden cherry and chocolate
- Chocolate Mint Cookies – chocolate cookies filled with mint cookie chunks and chocolate and mint chocolate chips
- Peanut Butter Fluffernutter Cookies – peanut butter cookies with a toasted marshmallow and a peanut butter filled chocolate bar
- Chocolate Candy Cookies – chocolate cookies made with Butterfingers and mini M&M’s
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also have a fun Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
- 1 vanilla cake mix
- 8 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups Oreo cookie chunks
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the cake mix, butter, egg, vanilla, and cream cheese. Mix until a soft dough forms.
- Stir in the cookie chunks and chocolate chips by hand.
- Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes to an hour. Roll the dough into 24 even balls.
- Place the dough balls on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Do not over bake! The cookies will seem under done, but will continue to set up as they cool.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes. Tap the tops of the cookies with a flat spatula to even them out.
- Move the cookies to a wire rack or a piece of parchment paper on the counter to cool completely. Store in a sealed container once they are completely cooled.
*You can also roll the dough into 36 balls and bake for 9 minutes.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 260 Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 23mg Sodium: 284mg Carbohydrates: 36g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 21g Protein: 3g
*This post does contain affiliate links. Inside BruCrew Life may receive a small percentage from sales made through these links. These do not cost you any extra. Thank you for letting us share products we use and love this way!