These fun and easy to make Rainbow Parfaits have layers of Golden Oreo cookies with no bake vanilla cheesecake in little cups. Gold coins and candy rainbows add an extra festive touch to the St. Patrick's Day dessert.
I love making themed treats for every holiday. Our kids always look forward to the fun and crazy desserts that I make for them. A few of their favorite treats I have made over the years are these Lucky Charms cookies, Lucky Charms treats and this unicorn cheesecake.
I know green desserts are all the rage this month. But I like to be different, so I made sky blue cheesecake parfaits with whipped cream clouds and rainbow candies for a quick dessert the other day.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Looking for a delicious and fun dessert to celebrate St. Patrick's day? It's your lucky day because these rainbow parfaits are the perfect treat.
The layers of cookies and blue vanilla cheesecake will satisfy everyone. Plus, they literally come together in minutes!
And don't forget the toppings! Gold coins and rainbow candies make these pot of gold parfaits extra special.
Key Ingredients Needed
You will only need a few ingredients to make these rainbow parfaits. Make sure to add the candy toppings to add some flair to the no bake cheesecake cups.
- Golden Oreo Cookies - A food processor works great to crush the cookies with cream filling into crumbs.
- Cream Cheese - You will need two blocks of regular or low fat cream cheese to make 7 parfaits. Make sure to set it out ahead of time, so it is softened.
- Powdered Sugar - Sweetens the no bake cheesecake filling.
- Vanilla Extract - Gives the cups a delicious vanilla flavor.
- Cool Whip - The whipped topping adds a great light and fluffy texture. If you are against it, feel free to make a double batch of this easy 3 ingredient whipped cream instead.
- Toppings - chocolate gold coins, gold sprinkles, and Airheads Extreme Rainbow Strips add a fun flair.
How to make Rainbow Parfaits
These St. Patrick's day cheesecake parfaits are so easy to make. Just layer cookies, no bake cheesecake, and toppings in a cup and you're done. Plus, they are so pretty that they will really impress your kids or guests.
- Crush the cookies. Place 7 Oreo cookies into a food processor and pulse until they are crumbs. Divide the crumbs into 7 clear parfait cups. Crush 7 more cookies and set aside.
- Make the no bake cheesecake filling. Beat the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in a mixing bowl until light and creamy. Fold in the Cool Whip gently.
- Add color. Use a toothpick to add sky blue gel food coloring to the mixture; stir or beat it in. Continue adding color until you reach your desired color of blue.
- Assemble the cheesecake parfaits. Spoon half the filling into a piping bag. Pipe it evenly into the prepared cups. Use a spoon to smooth it out, then add another layer of cookie crumbs. Finish with the rest of the cheesecake filling. Smooth the tops out with a spoon.
- Decorate the tops. Add a swirl of whipped topping, gold coins, rainbow strips, and gold sprinkles to the tops of each parfait.
Place the rainbow desserts in a tall container that has a lid. Refrigerate until you are ready to serve them. They will keep for 2-3 days in the fridge. After that the cookie crumbs start to get soggy.
- You can also put the layers in mini Mason jars, if you do not want to buy plastic parfait cups.
- A food processor is the best way to crush the cookies and cream filling into fine crumbs.
- Use a piping bag to add the cheesecake filling to the cups cleanly. A ziplock baggie would work too. Add the filling and cut one corner off, so you can squeeze it in easily.
- If you are taking these treats to a party, wait to add the toppings until you get there. Add a lid or cover with plastic wrap, so they travel well. When you get to your destination, add the toppings.
- Change up the colors in these treats. Use chocolate Oreos and tint the filling green.
Other St. Patrick's Day Dessert Ideas
- Shamrock Sugar Cookies
- Lucky Charms Snack Mix
- Rainbow Brownies
- Unicorn Sugar Cookies
- Shamrock Cheesecake Cones
- Grasshopper Cheesecake
Do you love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please leave a 5-star ⭐️ rating and a review in the comments section below.