This simple Chicken Ravioli has an amazing flavor and is made with just 5 ingredients. Cheese ravioli, chicken, and a spicy nacho cheese sauce makes this easy skillet dinner delicious and filling.
Looking for more easy chicken dinners? This cheesy chicken pasta and these chicken sliders are two of our favorites.
Ravioli is one of my absolute favorite types of pasta. I honestly love any pasta, but there is just something about the chewy cheese filled pasta that I adore.
I also love that there are so many different ways to transform a bag of frozen ravioli into a delicious comfort meal. Years ago I made this chicken ravioli with a spicy cheese sauce and veggies, and our family went nuts for it.
In fact, our oldest son would always request this chicken ravioli recipe when he was younger and still lived at home. Keeping ingredients in the pantry for easy kid friendly meals is always a good idea.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Quick and easy to make in under 30 minutes with very little prep work.
- Only 5 ingredients needed to make this delicious comfort food.
- Semi-homemade because it calls for store-bought ravioli and jarred sauce.
- Easy to customize by adding other proteins or veggies based on what your family loves.
This nacho ravioli with chicken is so easy to put together using just a few simple ingredients that you may already have in your pantry and freezer.
- Ravioli - We like to keep bags of frozen ravioli in our freezer for quick meals like this. You can also use fresh or homemade ravioli.
- Onion - I like to use either a red onion or yellow onion in skillet meals. You can honestly use whatever you have on hand.
- Cheddar Sauce - To save time we like to use the Ragu Cheddar Sauce that can be found in the same grocery aisle you buy jarred Alfredo and pasta sauce.
- Diced Tomatoes with Green Chiles - We like to use spicy tomatoes in our meals, but feel free to substitute with mild or plain diced tomatoes.
- Canned Chicken - Using chicken in a can saves time. You can also use shredded rotisserie chicken or chopped grilled chicken.
How to Cook Ravioli
The cooking time for ravioli depends on if you are using fresh, frozen, or homemade.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Gently drop the frozen ravioli into the water being careful not to splash yourself with boiling water.
- Bring the water back to a simmer.
- Simmer for 8-10 minutes, or until ravioli floats and is done.
- Drain and serve with sauce.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Drop the homemade or fresh store bought ravioli into the water.
- Cook 1-2 minutes.
- Drain and serve with sauce.
How to make Chicken Ravioli
A pan of chicken ravioli in an easy cheese sauce with veggies can be ready in under 30 minutes. Get ready to enjoy some delicious comfort food for dinner!
- Start by preparing the frozen ravioli according to the package directions.
- While you are waiting for the cheese ravioli to cook, dice and sauté the onions with oil in a large skillet until soft.
- Add the canned chicken, drained tomatoes, and cheese sauce to the pan and stir over medium heat until warm.
- Stir the cooked ravioli gently into the nacho cheese sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately with fresh parsley.
Make it a Full Meal
If you are planning your meal plan for the week, here are a few side dishes that would go well with this chicken and cheese ravioli.
- Roasted Veggies
- Garden Salad with Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Garlic Bread
- Magic Cookie Bars
If your family does not devour the entire skillet of cheddar cheese ravioli, the leftovers will keep for a few days.
- Refrigerate the chicken ravioli in a sealed container for 2-3 days.
- Reheat in a skillet over medium heat for 5-10 minutes or until heated through.
- You can also heat leftovers in a microwave safe dish. Heat for 30 second increments, stirring in between sessions until heated through.
- Use fresh ravioli to speed up the cooking time for this easy skillet dinner.
- Keep it kid friendly, by using a can of regular diced tomatoes instead of the spicy ones.
- Make it vegetarian by omitting the chicken. Sauté 8 ounces of mushrooms with the onions. Add a few handfuls of fresh spinach to the sauce and cook until wilted.
More Recipes for Ravioli
Love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please leave a 5 star ⭐️ rating and/or a review in the comments section further below.
*The post for Nacho Chicken Ravioli was first posted November 2014. The post and pictures were updated and republished January 2022.
Made it for the second time in 2 weeks. Thanks for the share.
Kristi @ Inspiration Kitchen
I definitely want a bite of this! Yum!
Amy @ Amy's Healthy Baking
No leftovers from Thanksgiving?? That sounds like a dream come true! With us food bloggers, we've been testing Thanksgiving recipes for months, so... I was really glad when my guy's family hosted and I could turn down leftovers. I'm crazy, I know! 😉 But boy oh boy, this ravioli looks fabulous! Definitely no leftovers of it either!
Haha, I feel ya girl! 😉 And thanks!
My family loves nachos, chicken and ravioli so they would go crazy for this!
Lauren Kelly Nutrition
I couldn't possibly love these any more! I love them even more that they only take 30 minutes to make 🙂
Believe it or not, I STILL have some turkey left ---and I know just what I'm doing with it!
I believe it! 😉 definitely make this!
Marjory @ Dinner-Mom
Hard to believe that you can have such a delish dish in 30 minutes. Pinning!
Kelly - Life Made Sweeter
I love quick and easy dinners like this that are full of flavor! It looks amazing with all that gooey cheese sauce, my family would devour this in no time 🙂
Thanks Kelly! 🙂 It was gloriously good!
It's like you looked right into the part of my brain where DESIRE lives. NOM!
YUM! That looks wonderful! I'm all for pasta and cheese! 🙂
I am too! 😉 Thanks Jamie!
It's much more fun to cook something you know your family loves and will be excited about. Easy and tasty makes this skillet dinner a winner weeknight meal!
Melanie @ Carmel Moments
Looks simple and delish. The whole family would love!
Hope you had a fabulous Thanksgiving!
We did, thanks! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving as well! 🙂
What a fun combination of Mexican and pasta!
Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spice
This ravioli sounds delicious, Jocelyn! I'm always amazed by your creative dishes. I love the nacho cheese flavor and how easy this is to whip up! Pinned!
You're too sweet! 😉 Thanks for pinning, Gayle!
Averie @ Averie Cooks
Looks like an instant family favorite! Pinned 🙂
Julie @ This Gal Cooks
Oh yum. I'd be asking for this meal again, too!
Regarding leftovers - I made enough food to feed a crowd and my boyfriend smoked ribs and a turkey. And it was just us two and the dog. We will probably have leftovers through next week, at which time I will be totally sick of!
Haha! I can only eat leftovers for so long before I'm sick of them! 😉 Thanks Julie!