Layers of chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla make these easy Neapolitan Sugar Cookie Bars a fun spring treat. Save time in the kitchen by making and frosting these easy cookies in one pan.
*Love these recipes? Be sure to sign up for the BruCrew email to have these recipes delivered to your inbox each time a new recipe is shared.
Even though I bake like a mad woman every week, our kids still beg for store-bought treats. I know, that’s crazy, right?
One of their absolute favorite things right now are frosted sugar cookies. Not just any cookie though. They are in love with the ones from the store that come in a clear plastic box. You should see the look on their faces when we give in and buy a box for them.
Our youngest has even gone as far as to say that these cookies are his favorite treat, and that they are better than anything mom can make. Hhhhhmmm…challenge accepted.
I blame it on the fact that he doesn’t remember a time when I used to make these Cinnabon Sugar Cookies and other cut out cookies for a small cake and cookie business I used to run from our home.
It’s seriously been years since I have busted out the box of cookie cutters. That poor box has not been opened since I made these Eggnog Sugar Cookie Bars one holiday season.
Once I realized how much easier and faster it was to bake and frost everything in one pan, I haven’t looked back. In fact, I’ve kind of become a little obsessed with making all the flavors.
Of course, the first thought I had when I saw the new neapolitan M&M’s at Target was sugar cookie bars.
Three layers of color and flavor make these easy Neapolitan Sugar Cookie Bars so fun.
The best part about making cookies in one pan is that it barely takes any time at all. Just press the dough into the pan and throw it into the oven.
No more rolling pin, cookie cutters, and flour everywhere!!! Gotta love that!
To make colorful bars, divide the dough into two bowls and add the different powders and extracts before you press the dough into the pan.
Adding chopped up candies or sprinkles adds another fun twist to these neapolitan sugar cookie bars.
Here are some more easy cookie bars that you might enjoy:
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars from A Spicy Perspective
- Fudge Ripple Monster Cookie Bars from Brown Eyed Baker
- Snickerdoodle Cookie Bars from Melissa’s Southern Style Kitchen
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Be sure to follow us on our social media, so you never miss a post.
I also created a fun new Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
For the Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon strawberry extract
- 1/4 cup Nestle Nesquik strawberry powder
- 1 Tablespoon Nestle Nesquik strawberry syrup
- pink gel food coloring
For the Frosting
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 bag Neapolitan M&M's
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9x13 pan with nonstick spray.
- Beat the butter and sugars until creamy. Add the egg and beat again.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly beat into the butter mixture.
- Divide the dough evenly into two bowls.
- Add the milk, vanilla, and cocoa powder to one bowl. Stir until completely mixed in. Press the dough evenly in the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Add the strawberry extract, powder, and syrup to the other bowl. Stir until completely mixed in. Add a little bit of food coloring and stir until it is your desired color. Drop the dough by spoonfuls on top of the chocolate dough. Gently press it out until it covers the chocolate layer. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove and let cool completely.
- Beat the butter vanilla, and salt until creamy. Slowly add the powdered sugar and heavy cream and beat until mixed in. Beat on high for 1 minute until light and fluffy.
- Spread the frosting on top of the cooled bars and top with chopped M&M's, if desired. Cut into 24 squares. Store in a tightly sealed container.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 238Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 161mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 1gSugar: 27gProtein: 2g