Chocolate chips and marshmallows add a fun twist to these No Bake Nutella S'mores Granola Bars. S'mores for breakfast will have everyone smiling as they start the day.
Lately we have become obsessed with making all things granola. Homemade granola and granola bites have been happening every single week for the past month because we love them so much.
I'm trying to space them out sharing them here because I'm sure you are not as obsessed as we are. But, seriously, skip the store bought snacks and make your own chewy granola bars.
Our granola obsession all started with these Peanut Butter Granola Bites a few years ago and has just spiraled out of control with this Chocolate Covered Strawberry Granola.
Let's just say that the big container of rolled oats in the cupboard is down to the last few oats. Mental note: add more old fashioned oats to this week's grocery list.
Today I thought I would share my "at the moment" favorite no bake granola bar recipe. Nutella and s'mores is my go to combo right now. But you know that's subject to change at any moment.
The creamy hazelnut spread, the chewy rolled oats, the chocolate and the marshmallow bits spread throughout is enough to make anyone swoon.
Definitely don't picture me eating all the bars. No, I would never do that. Never.
Ok, ok, so I may have eaten a few while sipping on a Coconut Nutella Latte. What can I say? I love me some Nutella.
Thank goodness this recipe makes a small batch, and thank goodness that our kids love them as much as I do. They helped me finish off the bars in record time.
Are you convinced that you need no bake granola bars today? I'm convincing myself that we need another batch too.
See you in 15 minutes with Nutella smears on your face. I know you eat spoonfuls whenever you get the jar out too.
How to make No Bake Nutella S'mores Granola Bars:
- Place the butter and honey in a saucepan and heat over low heat until melted. Add the Nutella and stir until melted.
- Pour the oats into the pan and stir until everything is completely coated. Let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Line an 8x8 pan with foil or you can just butter the pan. Either way works and will keep your bars from sticking.
- Stir in the mini marshmallow and chocolate chips quickly. The mixture will still be warm, so you want to work fast, so the chocolate chips do not melt too much.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and top with a few more chocolate chips and marshmallows.l This is totally optional, but I think it adds a pretty touch to the finished bars.
How do homemade granola bars keep their shape?
- Use a piece of wax paper and press down on the mixture very firmly. The harder you press them into the pan will help them stay firm later.
- Let the mixture cool completely before cutting it into ten even bars. Store in a tightly sealed container.
Just for the record. These are not like the hard granola bars you buy in the grocery store. These are a softer granola bar, but if you press them into the pan firmly they will keep their shape just fine.
CLICK HERE TO PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER!
More Nutella breakfast recipes you may like:
- Nutella Pop Tarts - using just a few ingredients you can have a chocolate filled pastry that looks and tastes amazing
- Chocolate Nutella Banana Muffins - swirls of chocolate add a fun touch to these soft breakfast muffins
- Nutella Hot Chocolate - this warm rich chocolate drink is delicious any time of year
- Nutella Stuffed French Toast from Living Locurto - perfect breakfast for the chocolate lover in your life
- Nutella Lovers Healthy Chocolate Smoothie from Foolproof Living - this creamy decadent smooth tastes amazing and is good for you
*The recipe and post for these No Bake Nutella S'mores Granola Bars was originally published February 20, 2014. The photos and post were updated and republished July 13, 2018.
(original photo from February 2014)
Enjoyed by all the kids in my daycare and very easy to do. Thanks for the recipe.
These are really amazing!
Anyone think I can substitute the honey for agave syrup?
Also thinking a chocolate peanut butter would even next level these!!!
How long do these last?
They should keep for 5-6 days if kept in an air tight container on the counter. You can also freeze them for 1-2 months, just thaw before eating.
I would like to try this recipe (minus the marshmallows and chocolate chips) and was wondering what the sugar content is/how sweet the bars are? Also, could I sub peanut butter for some of the Nutella in this recipe and add Rice Krispie cereal and chopped pretzels?
The bars are pretty sweet. You could definitely sub some peanut butter in place of the Nutella. If you add Rice Krispies cereal and pretzels, you may need to adjust the amount of oats. Here is another granola bar that I did that includes Rice Krispies. https://insidebrucrewlife.com/no-bake-mm-granola-bars-src/
These are delicious, but they’re loose granola...not bars at all. What do you think I did wrong? Thanks!
I just made another batch so I could trouble shoot it for you. Mine still turned out as bars. They are a loose bar, but it definitely stays together very well. The only thing I can think of is how hard did you press it into the pan? It says to press it firmly into the pan. I did realized as I was making this batch that I used wax paper to cover the top of the mixture in the pan and then I really pressed it down tightly.
These are really yummy! My daughter who isn's crazy about granola bars, loves these. I've even added a few TB of cocoa powder to the honey mixture to give them a deeper chocolate flavor.
Where do you get the teeny marshmallows?
I am so excited to hear your daughter loves these bars. And awesome idea to deepen the chocolate flavor 🙂 The marshmallow bits are usually in the same aisle as the regular marshmallows. They are in a container usually on the top shelf. Hope you are able to find them.
I tried doing this but all my chocolate chips melted :(. My granola bars became too sweet.
Does let it cool means leaving it there for 5 mins or putting it in the fridge ?
Oh, no! I just let my mixture sit on the counter for 5 minutes before stirring them in. You do have to work very quickly once you stir them in, so they don't melt!
These are quite tasty! I used homemade Nutella and a combination of quick oats and brown rice crispy cereal with very nice results. Thank you!
I just made these with Justins Hazelnut Butter, which has lots less sugar then nutella and they are great. My kids loved them and they didn't last long!