Make these easy Chocolate Cheesecake Parfaits for your favorite people this week. The layers of Oreo cookies, fresh strawberries, and no bake cheesecake in these mini cheesecake parfaits will make everyone smile.
Why Make Cheesecake Parfaits
There is just something so delicious about the chocolate and strawberry combo. This would be the perfect dessert for Valentine's day, am I right?
The layers of no bake chocolate cheesecake, strawberries, and Oreos look so pretty in clear dessert cups. They are so easy to make, but they look so fancy once decorated.
Having cheesecake in a jar also helps with portion control. This way you can only eat a set amount, unless you grab two...
The best thing about these chocolate cheesecake cups is that there is no baking involved. It's the perfect treat when it's too hot to bake or turn on the oven. Prefer more strawberry flavor? Then check out these strawberry cheesecake parfaits.
You can make this chocolate cheesecake parfait recipe in a matter of minutes using a few simple ingredients.
- Oreo Cookies - Crush two cookies for each cheesecake cup using a food processor or a ziplock bag and rolling pin.
- Cream Cheese - One block of full fat cream cheese will make 6 parfaits. Make sure to set it out ahead of time, so it mixes easily.
- Powdered Sugar - Sweetens the cheesecake mixture.
- Cocoa Powder - We love using Hershey's dark cocoa powder for the taste and color, but you can use regular cocoa powder if that's what you have.
- Cool Whip - Adds a fluffy texture to the no bake cheesecake and makes the top pretty. Feel free to use homemade whipped cream instead.
- Strawberries - We love the combo of strawberries and chocolate, but you could also use raspberries or cherries.
How to make Chocolate Cheesecake Parfaits
If you love chocolate covered strawberries, you are going to fall in love with this easy no bake cheesecake in a cup. It really is the perfect dessert for all year long because you can serve it for Valentine's Day, summer picnics, or Christmas.
- Crush 14 Oreo cookies. Set half the crumbs aside. Spoon the other half into the bottom of 6 parfait cups.
- Beat the softened cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth and creamy. Add the dark cocoa powder and vanilla extract and beat again.
- Fold or slowly mix in the Cool Whip until completely combined.
- Dice the strawberries and spoon half of them into the jars on top of the crumbs.
- Spoon the no bake cheesecake filling into a piping bag and gently fill the jars evenly.
- Top with the remaining cookie crumbs and chopped strawberries. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until chilled.
- Right before serving the no bake dessert to your guests, add a swirl of whipped cream, some dark chocolate curls, and a whole strawberry.
BruCrew Tip: Add a chocolate covered strawberry on top of each parfait for an even fancier look.
Tips and Tricks
- Set the cream cheese out ahead of time, so it is easier to beat into a creamy filling.
- Using a food processor is the easiest way to crush the Oreos into fine crumbs.
- Use a piping bag to add the cheesecake filling to the clear parfait cups cleanly. A ziplock baggie would work too. Spoon the filling into a large bag and cut one corner off, so you can squeeze it in easily.
- Making the parfaits ahead of time? Wait to assemble the layers until a few hours before serving. Go ahead and crush the cookies and place in a baggie. Make and chill the cheesecake in a bowl in the fridge. For the best results, dice the strawberries right before assembling, so they aren't too juicy.
Cheesecake parfaits really are best if served within 24 hours. The strawberries will start to release juices, and the cookie crust will start to soften if it stays in the refrigerator for more than 2 days.
You can use any cookie that you like. Some of our favorites for cheesecake parfaits are Golden Oreos, Chips Ahoy Cookies, Nutter Butters, or chocolate graham cracker crumbs.
More Cheesecake Parfaits
Love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please leave a 5 star ⭐️ rating and/or a review in the comments section further below.
**We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com .