This No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake is great for any occasion. It is light, fluffy, and full of fresh strawberry lime flavor. A golden Oreo cookie crust adds the perfect touch to the strawberry mousse cake.
This show stopping no bake strawberry cheesecake is topped with whipped cream, strawberries, and limes. It is the perfect dessert to make for any occasion. The strawberry filling is simple to make and has such a light and refreshing flavor from the daiquiri mix.
The idea for this strawberry daiquiri cake has been swirling around inside my head for a while now. So I decided to tweak the recipe for these no bake strawberry cheesecake cups by turning it into a full size cheesecake. The result was a delicious dessert that everyone loved.
This easy cake is perfect for anyone who loves strawberries and wants an impressive dessert without a lot of hassle. With just 15 minutes of prep time, this pink cake will be the hit of any party or gathering.
Why Make This Dessert
- The mousse cake is so easy to make and comes together in minutes.
- No baking required. Sweet dessert to make when it is too hot to turn on the oven.
- Fresh strawberries give the filling a sweet taste and make the top so pretty.
- The vibrant pink color makes it a great dessert to make for Valentine's day.
Go ahead and serve this strawberry mousse cake at your next celebration and watch it disappear in minutes. It really is a great dessert for any time of year.
This strawberry daiquiri dessert is easy to make in minutes with a few ingredients. Plan ahead so you can buy the extra ingredients that are not as common.
- Oreo Cookies - Crushed golden Oreo cookies mixed with butter creates a delicious cookie crust that pairs well with the strawberry filling. You can also use regular Oreos for a great chocolate and strawberry look.
- Cream Cheese - Two blocks of full fat cream cheese are needed to create a mousse cake with a cheesecake like taste.
- Greek Yogurt - Adds a little bit of tang to the filling. You can also use sour cream if that's what you have.
- Granulated Sugar - Used to break down the cream cheese into a smooth texture and to sweeten the filling.
- Strawberry Daiquiri Mix - To get the fun strawberry lime flavor in this no bake cheesecake, I used a frozen strawberry daiquiri mix. You can these with the frozen juices at your local grocery stores. It's basically just strawberry juice with lime added to it.
- Fresh Strawberries - Using fresh in season fruit will give your cake the best taste.
- Gelatin - Helps to thicken the filling and turn it into a light and creamy mousse.
- Cool Whip - This also thickens the mousse and adds a fluffy texture. You can also make whipped cream from scratch, if you prefer that instead.
How to make a No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake
This strawberry daiquiri mousse cake is so easy to make. It really only takes about 15 minutes of prep time, then you can let your fridge do the rest of the work.
Prep the Cookie Crust
- Crush the Oreo cookies using a food processor. You can use a plastic bag and wooden spoon to crush them, but you have to really make sure the cookies are finely crushed.
- Stir the cookie crumbs with melted butter and press evenly in the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan.
- Refrigerate until ready to fill.
Make the Strawberry Mousse Filling
- Beat the softened cream cheese and sugar until it looks light and creamy. Add the yogurt and extract and mix again.
- Pour the strawberry daiquiri mix into a bowl and sprinkle the gelatin on top. Whisk and let it sit for 1 minute. This gives it time to "bloom".
- Microwave for 30 seconds, then stir until everything is dissolved.
- Add the diced strawberries and gelatin to a food processor. Pulse until everything is pureed.
- Pour the strawberry mixture into the cream cheese mixture and mix until the filling looks light and fluffy.
- Gently fold the whipped topping and lime zest into the filling using a rubber spatula.
- I like to tint the filling with pink food coloring to get the vibrant pink color. This is optional, but it really does make the dessert look extra pretty.
Assemble & Chill
- Spoon the strawberry mousse filling onto the prepared cookie crust.
- Refrigerate the cake for at least 4-6 hours.
- Run a hot butter knife around the outside edge of the cheesecake to loosen it from the pan. Unlatch the pan and lift off the sides.
Decorate & Serve
- Use a piping bag and icing tip 1M to add Cool Whip swirls around the top of the strawberry lime dessert.
- Add strawberry heart slices and lime wedges to make it look pretty.
How to Store
Keep the strawberry daiquiri cake in a tightly sealed container in the fridge. It should last 3-4 days if properly stored. Although, I really don't know because our family finishes it off way before that. The crust will start to soften the longer it sits in the fridge.
- Leave the cream filling IN the Oreo cookies when you crush them into crumbs. It helps to hold the crumbs together, so you can use a little less butter.
- Allow enough time for the mousse cheesecake to set up properly. In order for everything to thicken and hold together, it needs to chill in the fridge at least 4-6 hours.
- This is definitely a dessert you can make ahead of time because it does need a longer chill time. It's a great dessert to prep 1-2 days before a dinner or event.
- Line the pan with strawberry slices before pouring the cheesecake filling onto the crust.
- Swap the strawberries for raspberries, blackberries, or blueberries. Pretty much any fresh fruit will work.
- Try a chocolate Oreo crust for something different.
Other Strawberry Desserts
- Strawberry Cheesecake Poke Cake
- Easy Strawberry Cobbler
- Strawberry Pie Filling
- Strawberry Pretzel Pie
- Old Fashioned Strawberry Soda
- Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes
- No Bake Strawberry Pretzel Salad
Love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please leave a 5 star ⭐️ rating and/or a review in the comments section further below.
*The post for No Bake Strawberry Daiquiri Cheesecake was first published May 2017. The post was updated and republished January 2022.