Swirls of chocolate make these soft Pumpkin Nutella Muffins a delicious way to start out any day in the fall. If you are a pumpkin and Nutella lover, these are the muffins for you!
There are certain days that I just want to forget. Last week I had a few of those days.
It seemed like everything that I baked just didn’t go right. One cookie recipe I tried twice, and both times it flopped. I’m really bummed because it sounds good, but I haven’t gotten the consistency right yet.
Then on Wednesday morning I was driving the kids to school, and apparently I was in my own little world because I looked ahead, saw that the light was green and that no one was coming either direction.
I think I need to drink another Salted Caramel Mocha Latte to make sure I’m really awake before leaving the house because then I was distracted by the red flashing lights at the new gas station on the corner.
I even pointed it out to the kids, and said something about someone must have been speeding and got pulled over bright and early.
All of a sudden my son asked me why I wasn’t stopping. The green light that I had seen had turned yellow and then red, all while I was gawking at the flashing lights on the side of the road.
At that point it was slam on the brakes and slide through the intersection, or just keep on going and blow through the red light.
No one was coming, so I opted for the second choice. The first thing my son said was, “I’m going to tell Dad.” He couldn’t believe I ran a red light. Not the thing I want him to see when he is just a few years away from a license himself!!
The sad thing is that was the first of about 3 red lights that I went through last week. Thank goodness no one was coming through at the same time as me, and that the kids haven’t been in the car to witness these offenses. I would really have some explaining to do. Maybe I just need some refresher driving lessons.
After all these driving mishaps, I needed to get in the kitchen and destress. Baking has a way of calming me down. This Salted Caramel Pumpkin Oatmeal Cake or this Easy Pumpkin Crunch Cobbler are something I pull out when I need to bake a delicious treat in the fall!
This morning I was feeling more like muffins though. And since it is almost fall and all things pumpkin is the way to go, I pulled a can of pumpkin out of the cupboard and made some pumpkin muffins.
But not just any pumpkin muffins, I decided these pumpkin muffins needed a swirl of Nutella on top just like these Chocolate Nutella Banana Muffins.
Tips for making Pumpkin Nutella Muffins:
Spray your muffin tins with nonstick spray because you do not want them to stick to the pan. Of course, you can always use liners if you want to go that route.
Mix together the pumpkin, eggs, oil, and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
Sift together the dry ingredients and slowly add it to the pumpkin mixture. Spoon the batter evenly into the 18 sprayed muffin cavities.
Microwave the Nutella for 20-30 seconds. Just long enough to get it warm and creamy, but not melted. Drop a small spoonful into the center of each muffin. Use a toothpick to swirl it in gently before baking.
Let the muffins cool in the pan for 2-3 minutes after they finish baking before lifting them out gently and placing them on a cooling rack.
Store in a tightly sealed container once they have cooled completely. This will keep them soft and delicious for days.
If you enjoyed these pumpkin muffins, you may enjoy these pumpkin recipes:
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Donuts – soft baked donuts dipped in a sweet chocolate glaze
- Pumpkin Spice Pop Tarts – flakey pastry crusts with a sweet pumpkin filling and a spice glaze with sprinkles
- Pumpkin Pecan Cinnamon Rolls – soft pumpkin rolls with a gooey cinnamon center and cream cheese frosting
- Pumpkin Streusel Donuts from Shugary Sweets – a hearty streusel topping and glaze makes these baked donuts amazing
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Banana Bread from Mom on Time Out – a swirl of cheesecake inside these awesome pumpkin bread is so delicious
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also created a fun new Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Pumpkin Nutella Muffins recipe:
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Nutella spread
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray the bottoms of a muffin tin with non-stick baking spray.
- Add the pumpkin, eggs, oil, and sugar to a large bowl and mix together.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Alternately add the flour mixture and milk to the pumpkin mixture until everything is mixed in.
- Spoon the muffin batter evenly into 18 muffin cavities.
- Place the Nutella in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 20-30 seconds. Stir until creamy. Drop the warm Nutella in the center of each muffin. Use a toothpick to swirl the chocolate gently on top.
- Bake the muffins for 22 minutes. Remove and cool in the pan for 2 minutes, and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in a sealed container.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 209Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 132mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 3g