These easy no yeast Pumpkin Pecan Cinnamon Rolls can be made and on the table in under an hour. Perfect for enjoying with coffee today!
*Be sure to sign up for the BruCrew Life email to see these yummy recipes in your inbox each morning.
Cinnamon rolls made with no yeast are my favorite way to do rolls. I could do a yeast version, but so far I just haven’t felt the need to.
I love how easy it is to make these rolls. Roughly about 25 minutes of dough making and rolling and then 16 minutes in the oven and these rolls can come to life in your kitchen. Seriously its that easy!
With fall being here and pumpkin everything going on in my life, I knew that I wanted to make a pumpkin version of this roll.
After all the Banana Nut Cinnamon Rolls were an amazing new version, why not add pumpkin?
The pumpkin in the dough adds just enough pumpkin flavor and color for you to know something is different. Cinnamon in the dough and filling adds a spicy goodness and warmth.
Make sure you keep a thin layer of flour on your counter while kneading and pressing out the dough. It is slightly stickier from the pumpkin. If it does stick when you are rolling it back up, just use the edge of a butter knife to gently loosen the dough from the counter.
Spread the filling over some butter on the dough. It will look like a lot, but that’s what creates the amazing center to these rolls.
These rolls bake for a short time at a high temperature. You will have just enough time to clean up the flour mess you made. As they cool, stir together the frosting.
We like to eat these rolls while they are still warm. The ooey, gooey center with the frosting melting over the top is the perfect way to start out the day. Don’t you agree??
FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
For the Filling
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 cup pecan chips
For the Dough
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 7 Tablespoons butter, divided
- 3/4 cup butter milk
For the Frosting
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup pecan chips
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease an 8x8 baking dish with 1 Tablespoon butter.
- Combine the filling ingredients until it resembles a course sand. Set aside.
- Stir together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Slowly beat in the buttermilk, pumpkin, and 2 Tablespoons melted butter until a soft dough forms.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and knead 8-10 times. Press the dough into a 10x14 inch rectangle. Make sure to keep the surface floured.
- Spread 2 Tablespoons butter on the dough. Spread the filling over the butter. Roll up and cut into 9 even slices. Place the rolls in the prepared pan.
- Drizzle with the remaining 2 Tablespoons butter. Bake for 16-18 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Stir together the frosting ingredients, except the nuts. Spread on the rolls and sprinkle with nuts. Store in the refrigerator in a sealed container.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 507Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 511mgCarbohydrates: 70gFiber: 3gSugar: 37gProtein: 7g