The Best Vanilla Pudding Cookies are loaded with two kinds of chocolate chips, M&M’s candies, and sprinkles. Adding a box of instant pudding keeps these pudding cookies so soft and chewy for days! Grab a few to enjoy with a big glass of milk.
Vanilla Pudding Cookies with M&M’s:
All you need to bake these pudding cookies is one bowl, a few ingredients, and a couple minutes. The dough comes together so quickly. There is no chill time, so you can bake the cookies right away.
The best thing about these pudding cookies is that you can make and bake them right away, and you can use whatever candy you have on hand. I had a few bags of Easter M&M’s candy in the pantry, so I decided to make pudding cookies for our kids.
These are the perfect cookies to make when you need a quick and easy dessert, need a fun treat for get togethers or picnics, or just want cookies.
What are pudding cookies?
Pudding cookies have a box of dry instant pudding mix added to the cookie dough. Adding instant pudding mix to cookie dough adds flavor and gives the cookies a soft and chewy texture.
Another great thing is that you can change out the flavor of the pudding and your mix-ins and create a completely different cookie every time you bake them. Pretzels and chocolate chips work very well together.
- Butter – make sure the butter is soft when you go to make the cookie dough
- Sugars – a mixture of granulated and brown makes these cookies soft
- Eggs and Vanilla Extract – adds moisture and flavor to the dough
- Instant Vanilla Pudding – gives the baked cookies a soft and chewy texture, plus flavor
- Flour, Baking Soda, Salt – adds structure, lift, and balances out the sweetness
- Chocolate Chips, M&M’s, & Sprinkles – fun mix ins to add color and goodness
Pudding Mix Variations:
- Butterscotch – pretzels, chocolate chips
- Chocolate – Reese’s Pieces, peanut butter cups
- Vanilla – Oreo cookies and sprinkles
- Lemon – white chocolate chips, raspberry candy bars
- Pistachio – white chips and pistachios
- Coconut – shredded coconut and dark chocolate chips
Anything goes! Feel free to mix and match your favorite flavor of pudding with your favorite mix-in.
How to make Vanilla Pudding Cookies:
- Beat the butter and sugars until light and cream.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix again.
- Stir together the dry ingredients and slowly mix everything together.
- Add the candy, sprinkles, and chocolate chips and stir gently.
- Scoop out 36 even dough balls.
- Roll each one into a ball and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes.
How many cookies does this recipe make?
This recipe will make 36 medium sized cookies. You can also divide the dough into 24 dough balls and bake a little longer.
How do you store pudding cookies?
Store them in a tightly sealed bag or container on the counter for 3-4 days.
Can you freeze pudding cookies?
Yes, you can. Place them on a tray and place in the freezer for 30 minutes. Place in a single layer in a freezer bag or freezer safe container and freeze for 2-3 months.
Remove cookies from the bag or container and thaw to room temperature. Place in the microwave for 7-8 seconds to warm them up.
More pudding cookie recipes:
- Chocolate Pudding Cookies
- Peanut Butter Pudding Cookies
- M&M Cookies recipe
- Butterscotch Pudding Cookies
- S’mores Cookies
Other easy dessert recipes:
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also have a Facebook group and would love for you to join. Share recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. Request to join HERE.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 - 3.4 ounce box instant vanilla pudding
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup Easter M&M's
- 2 Tablespoons spring sprinkles
- Beat the butter and sugars until creamy. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat again.
- Stir together the pudding, flour, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add that to the butter mixture until everything is mixed in.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, candies, and sprinkles gently. Scoop out 36 even dough balls and gently roll into a ball.
- Place the cookie dough on a baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes. Let cool on the cookie sheet for 2 minutes, then remove them and place on a wire rack to cool all the way.
- Tap the top of each cookie with a flat spatula to flatten them out slightly. Store in a tightly sealed container.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 158Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 80mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 2g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.
*The post for Vanilla Pudding Cookies was first published on March 21, 2016. The photos and post were updated and republished March 22, 2021.