These soft M&M Nutella Pudding Cookies will disappear as fast as you can make them. Lots of chocolate chips and candies add so much flavor and fun to these easy pudding cookies.
Trust me and add this amazing chocolate cookie recipe to your baking plans this week.
When our kids were younger, I used to make cookies all the time. They would take them in their lunches and have them for after school snacks.
As we have adopted healthier eating habits over the years, so have they. Now they pack nuts, fruit, and string cheese in their lunch boxes.
So, I ended up getting rid of our cookie jar, and now I only bake cookies when the kids have friends over or for bake sales. These amazing Nutella cookies were a result of a group of teenage boys at our house and my need to continue using up baking supplies from the pantry.
These Reese’s Peanut Butter Pudding Cookies have been one of the most popular cookie recipes on our site ever since I posted them. I mean, look at how thick and puffy and loaded with candy they are.
I decided to change up that popular recipe and make a batch of chocolate chip pudding cookies using Nutella and M&M’s.
Why are pudding cookies the best?
Adding a box of drying pudding mix to cookie dough makes them so soft and puffy. The pudding mix adds flavor and keeps the cookies soft for days.
There are so many different varieties you can make with a box of pudding and mix-ins. Use your favorite flavor and candy to change it up every time.
- Vanilla Pudding with white chocolate chips and M&M’s
- Chocolate Pudding with peanut butter chips and peanut butter ups
- Butterscotch Pudding with chocolate chips and pretzels
- Pistachio Pudding with white chocolate chips and cherries
Seriously, the sky is the limit. Have fun and create your own custom flavors.
Another thing I love about pudding cookies is that you can bake the dough right away. There is no chilling required in this chocolate M&M cookie recipe.
As soon as you have the cookie dough ready, start scooping and baking. And snacking, of course. Wink, wink.
How to make M&M Nutella Pudding Cookies:
- Beat the butter and both sugars until creamy. Add the Nutella, eggs, and vanilla and beat again. (full recipe below post)
- Stir together the flour, salt, baking soda, and pudding mix. Slowly add to the butter mixture until completely combined.
- Add chocolate chips and M&M’s and stir gently.
- Scoop into 36 balls. Press remaining candies into the tops of the dough balls and bake.
- Let cookies rest on hot baking sheets for 2 minutes before placing on parchment paper.
- Press extra chocolate chips into the tops of the warm cookies and let cool completely.
Recipe Tips for Pudding Cookies:
- Set the butter out ahead of time. Soft room temperature butter is easier to beat into the sugar.
- Use a mixture of white and brown sugar helps the dough spread while baking and also stay soft and chewy.
- Make sure you buy a box of instant pudding for the cookie dough. This makes the cookies so soft and amazing.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop the dough because even dough balls bake better. Roll each scoop into a round ball before pressing extra candies in the top.
- Adding extra candy to the tops of the dough balls makes them look like bakery style cookies. This ensures that you will see pops of color on the tops of the cookies once they bake.
- Pressing additional chocolate chips in the tops of warm cookies is another way to make cookies look pretty and also show what is inside them.
- Store the cooled cookies in a tightly sealed container because this will help keep them soft for days.
- Microwave each cookie for 5-7 seconds so you can enjoy a hot and fresh cookie any time of day.
Can you freeze pudding cookies?
Yes, you can freeze these Nutella cookies. Make sure to place them in a single layer on a plate or cookie sheet for about 30 minutes in the freezer. Then place the cookies into a freezer safe bag or container for up to 3 months.
The dough can also be frozen if you want to make the cookies later. It’s easiest to scoop the dough into balls and freeze them that way, but you can also just freeze an entire container of cookie dough if you like. Pull the container out of the freezer about 20-30 minutes before baking.
FYI: You may need to bake the chilled dough an extra minute.
More easy pudding cookies recipes:
- Butterscotch M&M Pudding Cookies
- Chocolate Reese’s Pudding Cookies
- Vanilla Pudding Cookies
- Biscoff S’mores Pudding Cookies
- Chocolate Mint Pudding Cookies
Other desserts you can make with a pudding mix:
- Caramel Frappuccino Pudding Pops
- Banana Pudding Cheesecake
- Coconut Fudge Pie
- Strawberry Cheesecake Poke Cake
- Pudding Filled Dirt Cupcakes
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also have a Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 - 3.4 ounce box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips, divided
- 1 - 10 ounce bag M&M's, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat the butter and sugars until creamy. Add the Nutella, eggs, and vanilla and beat again.
- Stir together the flour, salt, baking soda, and dry pudding mix. Slowly beat the dry ingredients into the butter mixture until a soft dough forms.
- Gently stir 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips and 3/4 cup M&M's into the cookie dough. Use a 2 Tablespoon scoop to make 36 dough balls.
- Roll each scoop into a ball and press the remaining candies into the tops.
- Place dough balls on a cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Let the cookies rest on the hot cookie sheet for 2 minutes, then gently move to a piece of parchment paper.
- Press the extra 1/4 cup chocolate chips into the tops of the warm cookies.
- Let the cookies cool completely before storing in a tightly sealed container.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 185Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 87mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 2g