This delicious and Easy Tiramisu Recipe has layers of creamy pudding and coffee soaked lady fingers. It is such a delicious recipe that does not require any cooking and can be make ahead of time.
When our kids were younger I used to bake character cakes for their birthday. Strawberry Shortcake, Pokemon, and Star Wars are just a few that come to mind right away.
As the kids have gotten older, they have moved away from characters and have started to choose different types of cakes. Now they ask for things like this Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream Cake.
Our oldest son has recently started to drink coffee. It must be something about that age because I remember starting to like and drink coffee in my freshman year of college. So he is a little ahead of me on the coffee curve there.
This year he requested some type of coffee dessert for his birthday instead of a traditional cake.
Since we all love ordering tiramisu when we go out to eat at an Italian restaurant, I decided to make a simple tiramisu for his birthday dinner. I went with the much easier route because I love finding ways to make fancy desserts that are quick and easy.
We had cream cheese in the fridge and a box of instant pudding in the pantry, so I decided to incorporate both of those in my no cook version. A classic tiramisu recipe uses mascarpone cheese and a cooked custard, so my version is very, very different.
But like the title says, this is an easy super fast version of the same thing! Plus, I love that my Jello pudding tiramisu doesn’t require any eggs or cooking, and that it is a kid friendly dessert!
What You’ll Need
You only need a few simple ingredients to make this easy tiramisu recipe.
- Cream Cheese – set it out ahead of time so it is soft. You can also use mascarpone cheese for a true tiramisu.
- French Vanilla Pudding Mix – make sure it is instant, so it sets up right.
- Milk – 2% or whole will make the pudding set up better
- Cool Whip – gives it a fluffy texture. You can also use this Homemade Whipped Cream if you prefer that instead.
- Biscotti Lady Fingers – the crispy cookie soaks up the coffee really well
- Coffee – Strong brewed coffee or espresso is best. If you are serving this to adults, go ahead and add some liqueur.
- Cocoa Powder – adds flavor and color to the top of the finished tiramisu
How to make Easy Tiramisu
This easy dessert comes together in minutes and requires no baking. Make sure you plan enough time for the tiramisu recipe without alcohol to chill and set up before serving. This dessert definitely tastes better if you give the layers and flavors time to blend.
- Beat the softened cream cheese until creamy.
- Whisk together the instant Jello pudding and milk and let it set up slightly. Beat it into the cream cheese.
- Fold in an entire container of Cool Whip.
- Dunk biscotti ladyfingers in coffee and place one layer on the bottom of an 10-inch pan. You can use an 8-inch pan, but the tiramisu will end up taller.
- Refrigerate the no bake dessert for at least 4 hours, so the lady fingers soften up and the flavors come together.
- Grab a fork and go to town on the dessert. Or slice it and serve it to your favorite people. It’s your call.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you make tiramisu ahead of time?
Yes, this is a great dessert to make ahead of time because it needs time to set up. Plus, the flavors will deepen and blend as it sits. It will keep for a few days in the fridge.
What alcohol is in tiramisu?
Tiramisu can be made with or without alcohol. Classic tiramisu calls for some type of alcohol or liqueur to be added to the coffee before dipping the lady fingers in it.
Dark rum, amoretto, brandy, or a coffee liqueur are great choices for in this easy tiramisu.
How do you store tiramisu?
Keep this easy tiramisu in a covered container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Any longer and the dessert starts to get soggy.
You can also freeze this tiramisu made with pudding. Place it in a tightly sealed container and freeze for 1-2 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge and dust with cocoa powder right before serving.
More Easy No Bake Desserts
- Cheesecake Fluff
- Nutella Oreo Icebox Cake
- Monster Cookie No Bake Bars
- Apple Snickers Dessert Trifle
- Peanut Butter Parfait
- Disney Dole Whip recipe
- No Bake Strawberry Pie
- Edible Cookie Dough
- Banana Split Lasagna
- Nutella No Bake Cookies
Connect more with Inside BruCrew Life! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also created a Facebook group and would love for you to join. Share recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. Request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow on Instagram and tag #brucrewlifebaking, so we can see the Inside BruCrew Life recipes you are making.
- 1 - 8 ounce package cream cheese
- 1 - 3.4 ounce box instant French Vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 - 8 ounce container Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 package crispy biscotti lady fingers
- 2 cups cooled strong brewed coffee*
- 1/4 cup dark cocoa powder
- Beat the cream cheese until creamy.
- Whisk together the pudding and milk. Let is set slightly before adding to the cream cheese. Beat until creamy again.
- Fold in the Cool Whip gently.
- Dip the lady fingers in the coffee one at a time and place them in the bottom of a 10-inch square baking pan.
- Once you have the bottom covered in cookies, spread half the cheesecake mixture on top.
- Repeat with another layer of cookies and top with the rest of the cheesecake. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Sprinkle with cocoa powder and cut into 16 squares.
*To make this an adult version, use 1 1/2 cups strong coffee and 1/2 cup brandy or Kahlua to dip the cookies in.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 126Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 90mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 2g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.
* This post does contain affiliate links. Inside BruCrew Life may receive a small percentage from sales made through these free links. As always, these do not cost you any extra. Thank you for letting us share products we use and love this way.