This delicious and Easy Tiramisu Recipe has layers of creamy pudding and coffee soaked lady fingers. It is such a delicious recipe that does not require any cooking and can be make ahead of time.
Our oldest son has recently started to drink coffee. It must be something about that age because I remember starting to like and drink coffee in my freshman year of college.
This year he requested some type of coffee dessert for his birthday instead of a traditional cake.
Since we all love tiramisu, I decided to make an easy tiramisu for his birthday dinner. I went with the much easier route because I love finding ways to make fancy desserts that are quick and easy.
Why You Will Love This
A classic tiramisu recipe uses mascarpone cheese and a cooked custard, so my version is very, very different.
This no cook version uses cream cheese and a box of instant pudding to make this a super easy version of the same thing!
Plus, this Jello pudding tiramisu is made without eggs or alcohol, so it is a kid friendly dessert that comes together in minutes.
What You'll Need
You only need a few simple ingredients to make this tiramisu recipe without alcohol and eggs.
- Cream Cheese - set it out ahead of time so it is soft. You can also use mascarpone cheese for a true tiramisu.
- French Vanilla Pudding Mix - make sure it is instant, so it sets up right.
- Milk - 2% or whole milk will make the pudding set up better.
- Cool Whip - gives it a fluffy texture. You can also use heavy whipping cream to make this homemade whipped cream if you prefer that instead.
- Biscotti Lady Fingers - The crispy cookie soaks up the coffee really well.
- Coffee - Strong brewed coffee or espresso is best. If you are serving this to adults, go ahead and add some liqueur.
- Cocoa Powder - Adds flavor and color to the top of the finished tiramisu dessert.
Tiramisu can be made with or without alcohol. Our recipe does not call for any because it is a kid friendly dessert. There are notes on how to add some if you are serving adults.
How to make Easy Tiramisu
This easy dessert comes together in minutes and requires no baking. Make sure you plan enough time for the tiramisu recipe without alcohol to chill and set up before serving. This Italian dessert definitely tastes better if you give the layers and flavors time to blend.
- Use a stand mixer or hand mixer to beat the softened cream cheese in a large mixing bowl until light and creamy.
- Whisk together the instant Jello pudding and milk in another bowl and let it set up slightly. Add it to the cream cheese and beat again.
- Fold in an entire container of Cool Whip into the cream cheese mixture.
- Dip biscotti ladyfingers quickly in coffee and place one layer of ladyfingers on the bottom of an 10-inch pan. You can use an 8-inch baking dish, but the tiramisu will end up taller.
- Spread half the pudding mixture over the soaked cookies, then repeat the layers.
- Refrigerate the no bake dessert for at least 4 hours, so the lady fingers soften up and the flavors come together.
- Sprinkle with a layer of cocoa, then grab a fork and go to town on the dessert. Or slice it and serve it to your favorite people. It's your call.
Can you make tiramisu ahead of time?
Yes, this is a great dessert to make ahead of time because it needs time to set up. Plus, the flavors will deepen and blend as it sits. It will keep for a few days in the fridge.
What alcohol is in tiramisu?
Tiramisu can be made with or without alcohol. Classic tiramisu calls for some type of alcohol or liqueur to be added to the coffee before dipping the lady fingers in it.
Dark rum, amoretto, brandy, or a coffee liqueur are great choices for in this easy tiramisu.
How do you store tiramisu?
Keep this easy tiramisu in a covered container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Any longer and the dessert starts to get soggy.
You can also freeze this tiramisu made with pudding. Place it in a tightly sealed container and freeze for 1-2 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge and dust with cocoa powder right before serving.
More Easy No Bake Desserts
- Cheesecake Fluff
- Nutella Oreo Icebox Cake
- Monster Cookie No Bake Bars
- Apple Snickers Dessert Trifle
- Peanut Butter Parfait
- Disney Dole Whip recipe
- No Bake Strawberry Pie
- Edible Cookie Dough
- Banana Split Lasagna
- Nutella No Bake Cookies
Love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please consider leaving a 5 star ⭐️ rating and/or a review in the comments section further below.
* This post does contain affiliate links. Inside BruCrew Life may receive a small percentage from sales made through these free links. As always, these do not cost you any extra. Thank you for letting us share products we use and love this way.