This Easy Tiramisu is a fancy no bake dessert that will disappear in a hurry when you serve it at any party. The layers of creamy cheesecake and coffee soaked cookies will have everyone going back for more.
Last month our oldest turned 18! Nothing like having an adult child to make you feel like you are ancient. Of course, our youngest son always likes to say we are at least 87 with one foot in the grave. Funny boy!
We honestly do not feel old though. I think regular exercise and healthy eating definitely help with that mentality. Although, I totally get what the kids think though because I remember when I was 18 and thought my parents were so old. Funny how karma comes around to bite you in the butt! Now I’m the “oldie”!
Each year I ask the kids what kind of cake they want for their birthday. Over the years they have each chosen different popular cartoon characters that I have attempted to do. Strawberry Shortcake, Pokemon, and Star Wars are just a few that come to mind right away.
As the kids have gotten older, they have moved away from characters and have started to choose their favorite flavors. Cakes like this Vanilla Mint Chip Ice Cream Cake are what they come up with now.
Our oldest son has recently started to drink coffee. It must be something about that age because I remember starting to like and drink coffee in my freshman year of college. So he is a little ahead of me on the coffee curve there.
He is also faster than me at drinking it black. Although, all my homemade Salted Caramel Mocha Creamer seems to disappear a lot faster now. He prefers his iced coffee to have some sweetness to it.
For his graduation open house he had asked for tiramisu. Since it is a messier dessert…aka needs a fork…I opted to just make finger food desserts instead. We made a pan of these Coffee Cream Brownies, so he could have his coffee dessert. And we made a pan of the these M&M Blonde Brownies too.
For his birthday I wanted to do a pan of this Easy Tiramisu for his cake. I went with the much easier route though because we are in the middle of packing up our house and easy is just how I need things right now. Stress is trying to creep into my mind and soul right now, so the easier I can keep things the better.
Since we had cream cheese in the fridge and a box of instant pudding in the pantry, I decided to come up with an easy recipe of tiramisu. Feel free to substitute mascarpone cheese and a cooked custard if you want to make a more traditional tiramisu.
But like the title says, this is an easy super fast version of the same thing!
I actually wasn’t even going to photograph and share this recipe because things are so crazy right now. But the day after his birthday I opened the fridge and pulled back the foil from the pan and the layers in this easy tiramisu cake were so pretty.
They were just begging to be put on a plate and photographed. So I happily obliged! You are welcome. Trust me, you do want this creamy goodness in your life ASAP!
Tips for making this Easy Tiramisu recipe:
- Make sure you set out the cream cheese at least an hour before you start. If you forget, no biggie. Just take off the foil wrapper and microwave it for 20 seconds, then beat it until it is creamy.
- Whisk together the pudding and milk and let it set up slightly before adding it to the cream cheese.
- Fold in an entire container of Cool Whip. Yes, the dreaded white stuff. I’m a fan, so it’s what I use. Make your own stabalized whipped topping if that’s what you prefer.
- Use biscotti ladyfingers for this dessert. Dunk them in coffee and layer them in a 10-inch pan. You can use an 8-inch if that’s all you have. Just know that your dessert will be taller than mine was.
- Refrigerate the dessert for at least 4 hours so the cookies soften up and the flavors come together.
- Grab a fork and go to town on the dessert. Or slice it and serve it to your favorite people. It’s your call.
More easy no bake desserts you may like:
- Chocolate, marshmallow, and graham cracker goodness will make this S’mores Cheesecake Fluff Salad disappear in a hurry.
- Layers of cookies, cheesecake, and strawberries make this easy No Bake Nutella Oreo Icebox Cake the perfect dessert. Chocolate and no bake always get my attention!
- M&M’s are one of my all time favorite candies, so I definitely can’t wait to try these easy Monster Cookie No Bake Bars very soon.
- Layers of crunchy apples, creamy cheesecake, and candy bars make this Apple Snickers Cheesecake Trifle an impressive no bake dessert.
- The chocolate and peanut butter layers in these easy No Bake Peanut Butter Fudge Cheesecake Parfaits will have you licking your cup clean.
Connect more with Inside BruCrew Life!
Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also created a fun new Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #brucrewlifebaking, so I can see all the Inside BruCrew Life recipes you are making.
- 1 - 8 ounce package cream cheese
- 1 - 3.4 ounce box instant French Vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 - 8 ounce container Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 package crispy biscotti lady fingers
- 2 cups cooled strong brewed coffee*
- 1/4 cup dark cocoa powder
- Beat the cream cheese until creamy.
- Whisk together the pudding and milk. Let is set slightly before adding to the cream cheese. Beat until creamy again.
- Fold in the Cool Whip gently.
- Dip the lady fingers in the coffee one at a time and place them in the bottom of a 10-inch square baking pan.
- Once you have the bottom covered in cookies, spread half the cheesecake mixture on top.
- Repeat with another layer of cookies and top with the rest of the cheesecake. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Sprinkle with cocoa powder and cut into 16 squares.
*To make this an adult version, use 1 1/2 cups strong coffee and 1/2 cup brandy or Kahlua to dip the cookies in.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
* This post does contain affiliate links. Inside BruCrew Life may receive a small percentage from sales made through these free links. As always, these do not cost you any extra. Thank you for letting us share products we use and love this way.