Blueberry Cheesecake Danish

Dear Yellow Jacket in the Berry Patch,
Next time I pick berries near your home I would prefer if you would please not sting me again.  I didn’t mean to scare you.  I just wanted some fresh berries to bake with.  But thank you for not calling the rest of your friends to come after me.  That was much appreciated.
Love, the Lady with a Swollen Finger
Dear Camping,
You are kind of ok.  I must admit you were not as bad as I remembered.  I think having cooler weather helped a lot with that.  Although walking to and from a public bathroom will never get any easier.   Thank goodness for campfires and s’mores to distract me from the fact that I was in the great outdoors.  At least until I went to bed and heard all the nightlife right outside our popup.  Headphones would be a good thing to remember if there is a next time.
Love,  The Non Camper in Me
Blueberry Cheesecake Danish
Dear Christmas Paper in the Frame,
It’s time to leave.  I know you thought I wouldn’t realize that I missed getting you out when I took down the rest of the decorations so many months ago.   But I see you…I have just been too lazy to get you out.  I’m getting the urge to fill the frame with a cute picture now….if only I could decide which one.  Maybe it would be easier to leave you in for the holiday season since the year is flying by.
Love, the Lazy Housekeeper
Dear Lady in the White SUV,
Thank you so much for cutting me off the other day.  I must say how much I love having another vehicle swerve right in front of me with no warning.  It keeps me on my toes.  Although it isn’t good for my kids to hear me calling you a “stupid moron”!  Thanks for that one.  I owe you big time!
Love, the Sarcastic Mom in the Mini Van
Blueberry Cheesecake Danish
Dear Routine,
I miss you!!!  Please come back to our house.  It has been fun for a while being a slacker with no agenda, but the late nights and the late mornings are actually starting to bug me…just a little.   I promise to be better at sticking to your plan.   Will you consider coming back so I can give you another try?  We need to get the kinks worked out before school starts.
Love,  the Night Owl
Dear Goodwill,
Why do you continue to tempt me with your racks of clothes and piles of fun dishes and frames?  You never disappoint me every time I visit.  Thank you for having 3 stores in my area that are always more than willing to take my money.  Give me a few more weeks, and I will be back with more money to spend on those treasures.
Love, the Shopaholic Treasure Hunter
Blueberry Cheesecake Danish

Dear Crescent Rolls,
Thank you for being so easy to work with.  I love how fast it is to make a yummy breakfast/snack for my kids when I keep you on hand.  Your flakey and buttery layers were a perfect match for the cream cheese and pie filling.  Never change your recipe.

Love, the Day Before Breakfast Baker

Blueberry Cheesecake Danish

Yield: 16 danishes

Blueberry Cheesecake Danish

These Blueberry Cheesecake danishes are a quick and easy breakfast using only 3 ingredients.

2 cans (8 oz. each) refrigerated crescent rolls
1 (8 oz.) container Philadelphia Indulgences white chocolate cream cheese
1/2 c. canned blueberry pie filling

1. Unroll the crescent rolls and separate into 8 rectangles. Press the seams together. Cut each rectangle into 2 squares. Spoon 1 tsp. cream cheese onto the center of each square. Top with 1 tsp. of pie filling. Fold the corners into the center.
  2. Bake at 375* for 10 minutes. Let cool for 2-3 minutes and remove to a wire rack. Cool completely. Store in a covered container in the refrigerator. Makes 16 danishes.

Comments

Too funny, I was going to start the comment the same way as Aimee! Dear Jocelyn – thank you for reminding me that crescent rolls are so freakin’ awesome. And that I hate yellow jackets, hornets, bees, and anything that crawls, flies, or stings. Love, Crazy Dorothy :)

Dear Blueberry Cheesecake Danish Maker,
    Thank you for the morning giggles and the delicious recipe.
    Love, Copy Cat Commenter :)

Dear Jocelyn, I think I agree with all of your stories, especially the camping one because everything about the “great outdoors” scares me. Also, I think I’m better suited for “glamping”, or perhaps pitching a tent in my living room and pretending I’m outside somewhere fancy roughing it. Makes it easier for me to enjoy these (beautiful and awesome!) danishes you made, so I know they won’t be my last meal ever. Seriously, crescent rolls rock. So do you! xo, your lovely crazy friend Hayley

Glamping does sound much better! I like the tent in the living room idea…no fear of serial killers getting me there! Plus I would be closer to the kitchen and these danishes!!!!

blueberry cheesecake danishes are my #1. My absolute FAVORITE. I love all blueberries pastries, muffins, cakes, pies, and danishes of course! They are the first thing I grab at any catered morning meetings we have in my office! LOVE the crescent roll shortcut!

Hi! I’m loving this post – I’d never know from the pic that it’s only got 3 ingredients! I pinned it and can’t wait to try! Love your writing style and I’m now following on BlogLovin’ too. I’m stopping by from Whimsy Wednesday to say hello. I hope you’ll come visit me at jugglingactmama.blogspot.com

Lovely berry dish. Berries and currants are this week’s subject for Food on Friday. Would you be happy to link this in? We are looking to create a fantastic collection of berry dishes. This is the link . I found you in the Chef in Training party.

Great that you linked in, thanks. No problem re the accidental link – I’ve sorted it for you. Have a super week. If you pop back in a while there will be a great collection of berry ideas!

These look so easy and beautiful to make! They would be perfect to impress guests! You could pretend to have gotten up super early and baked this special for just them! Little would they know.

9. roxanne says

Late to the party on this one, but your notes are precious!

Recipe came up on Pillsbury’s facebook feed. Will definitely have to try these…and experiment with different fillings….they remind me of Hamentaschen, but with cream cheese and fruit filling instead of plain filling. :)

10. Terrie says

I took my boys camping when thy were little as I was a divorced mom and they wanted to go camping. I got a tent from friends of mine and went to the nearest campsite in our town. My boys were 6 and 12 I hate bugs and scared to death of spiders! When it was time to go to sleep I checked the tent and sleeping bags for any kind of bugs. My boys kept telling me it was ok. We finally settle down and I have the flash light in my hand and lit all night. My 6 yr old says… Mommie you can turn the light off I’m not scared. I in return told him…. Oh honey mommie can’t I’m on spider alert. Needless to say they have never forgotten that trip and never ask to go again. Lol. Both my boys love the outdoors and do go camping so they were never scarred from it. Now for the recipe. Can’t wait to try this. Love that its quick and easy.

11. Ellen says

To make this healthier……use light cr cheese(not neufetchel). It has 1/2 the fat. Stir in fresh blueberries, & a couple of drops of stevia liquid, lowers the carbs (sugar has high carbs) & fat. Nothing beats fresh blueberries…just sayin’

12. Joyce says

Dear Jocelyn the baker and blogger,

I do believe you may be my daughter-in-thought; everything you wrote is exactly how I feel about camping (now glamping–oh, yeah! Public restrooms and showers–oh, no!), spiders, flying arachnids (as I think of all flying stingers), etc.

Can hardly wait to try all, or almost all, of these recipes. While I have no living children anymore, my son loved all things “campy,” as he put it, especially the (verbatim) “specialist food we can eat.” Specialist, in his case, meant “most special”–but he was only eight when he used that one :-)

Thank you for the terrific recipes that my now-grandmother friends and I can enjoy at the Feast of Tabernacles in October.