A creamy chocolate and cream cheese center make these Cheesecake Nutella Crescent Rolls disappear in a hurry. These sweet pastry rolls filled with hazelnut spread will become a family favorite in no time at all.
Nothing says "I love you" to my family more than a hot breakfast. Most of the time I make a big batch of blueberry pancakes, banana waffles, and loaded egg burritos and keep them in the freezer, so they can heat up a quick breakfast before school.
On the weekends I love making delicious little treats before the kiddos wake up. These crescent rolls with Nutella were one of the fun creations I surprised them with.
Why You Will Love These
These buttery and soft crescent rolls have a creamy cheesecake filling and a gooey pocket of Nutella spread hidden inside.
They are so easy to make with just a few ingredients, but they look like you spent hours in the kitchen. Adding the white chocolate drizzle just adds that extra little touch.
The best part is that these chocolate rolls can be ready to be devoured in under 30 minutes. They are the perfect treat for Nutella lovers.
With just a few kitchen staples and a jar of Nutella, these cream cheese crescent rolls are a fun treat to make.
- Refrigerated Crescent Rolls - You will need two packages of canned rolls to make this recipe.
- Cream Cheese - Make sure to set one package out ahead of time, so it can come to room temperature.
- Sugar - Granulated sugar sweetens this particular roll.
- Egg - A large egg helps to bind the cream cheese filling together.
- Nutella - The sweet hazelnut spread adds a fun flavor to the filled crescent rolls.
- White Chocolate - You can use white chocolate chips or white chocolate melting wafers for the drizzle on top or just sprinkle with powdered sugar.
How to make Cheesecake Crescent Rolls
Filling flakey crescent rolls with two kinds of filling makes these little pastries a decadent treat that is perfect for breakfast or dessert.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Add the egg and beat again.
- Open both packages of crescent rolls and roll the dough out on a baking sheet. Press 2 triangles together to form a rectangle, repeating until you have 8 rectangles of dough.
- Scoop out a tablespoon of Nutella and spread it down the right center of each rectangle.Repeat with a tablespoon of cheesecake filling down the left center.
- Fold the sides over to the middle and gently pinch the seams together. Pinch the ends together too.
- Flip the roll over carefully. Gently twist the roll. (You can also just pinch the roll together and skip the twist.) Pinch together any seams that come undone.
- Place the pan in a preheated oven and bake until golden brown. Remove and cool on a wire rack.
BruCrew Tip: To make these cheesecake Nutella rolls even more fun and delicious, drizzle the tops with melted white chocolate before serving.
- Bananas - These banana Nutella crescent cups are a cute and fun treat.
- Strawberries - One of our favorite treats are these strawberry Nutella rolls made with canned breadsticks.
- Cinnamon Sugar - Sprinkle the tops of the rolls before baking.
The filled crescent rolls are best if served the same day they are made. If you have leftovers keep them in an air tight container in the fridge for a few days.
Other Crescent Roll Desserts
- Blueberry Danish
- Nutella Rolls
- Banana Cheesecake Rolls
- Churro Pumpkin Pie Danish
- Apple Cinnamon Cream Cheese Bars
Do you love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please leave a 5-star ⭐️ rating and a review in the comments section below.
*The post for Cheesecake Nutella Twists was first published April 19, 2012. The post and photos were updated and republished January 14, 2021.