The filling in these Cheesecake Nutella Twists will have you grabbing another one in a hurry. Crescent rolls filled with chocolate and cheesecake is a delicious way to start any day.
Years ago our kids would always ask for blueberry pancakes or banana waffles for breakfast. But cooking while you are still half asleep is not recommended because food tends to burn if you cook with your eyes closed. Give me coffee first.
Since hot breakfast is probably something that I will never excel at, I make up for it by making batches of breakfast food the afternoon or night before and freezing them for later.
Yes, I realize hot and fresh is better, but our kids never complain about popping frozen homemade waffles or pancakes in the toaster.
We also keep different muffins and Loaded Egg Burritos in the freezer for the kids to eat for breakfast. Now they are teenagers, they can handle heating up all the breakfast stuff on their own.
I do like to make fun little treats for them to enjoy after school. These crescent rolls with Nutella were one of the fun creations I surprised them with one day.
Ingredients for crescent rolls with cheesecake filling:
- Crescent Rolls - You will need two packages of canned rolls to make this recipe.
- Cream Cheese - Make sure to set one package out ahead of time, so it can come to room temperature.
- Sugar - Granulated sugar sweetens this particular roll.
- Egg - A large egg helps to bind the cheesecake filling together.
- Nutella - The sweet chocolate spread adds a fun flavor to the filled crescent rolls.
- White Chocolate - You can use white chocolate chips or white chocolate melting wafers for the drizzle on top
How to make Cheesecake Nutella Twists:
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Add the egg and beat again.
- Open both packages of crescent rolls and lay them out on a baking sheet. Press 2 triangles together to form a rectangle, repeating until you have 8 rectangles of dough.
- Scoop out a large tablespoon of Nutella and spread it down the right center of each rectangle.
- Repeat with a large tablespoon of cheesecake filling down the left center.
- Fold the sides over to the middle and gently pinch the seams together. Pinch the ends together too.
- Flip the roll over carefully. Gently twist the roll. (You can also just pinch the roll together and skip the twist.) Pinch together any seams that come undone.
- Bake and cool.
PRO TIP: To make these cheesecake Nutella rolls even more fun and delicious, drizzle the tops with melted white chocolate before serving.
What other ingredients are good in crescent rolls with Nutella?
- Bananas - These Banana Nutella Crescent Cups are a cute and fun treat.
- Strawberries - One of our favorite treats are these Strawberry Nutella Twists made with canned breadsticks.
- Cinnamon Sugar
Other easy desserts using crescent rolls:
- Blueberry Cheesecake Danish
- Banana Split Cheesecake Rolls
- Churro Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake Danish
- Sprinkle Nutella Rolls
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also created a Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It's a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what's new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
- 2 (8 ounces each) cans refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup Nutella spread
- ¼ cup white chocolate melting wafers
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Add the egg and beat again.
- Unroll the crescent rolls and separate into triangles. Press two triangles together to form 8 rectangles.
- Spoon a large tablespoon of Nutella down the right side of the center. Repeat with a large tablespoon of cheesecake filling down the left side of the center.
- Fold the edges of the rolls over the filling. Press the seams together at the middle and the end. Flip the roll over so that the seam is underneath.
- Gently twist the roll. (This step can also be skipped if you want to just leave them as a roll.) Press together any seams that may come undone.
- Place rolls on a baking sheet and bake for 10-11 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.
- Place white chocolate melting wafers in a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 30 seconds. Stir until melted and creamy.
- Spoon into a plastic baggie with one tip cut off. Drizzle over the cooled twists. Let set. Refrigerate leftovers.
- You can also melt ¼ cup white chocolate chips with ½ teaspoon shortening for the drizzle on top.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 258Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 66mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 2gSugar: 26gProtein: 3g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.
*The post for Cheesecake Nutella Twists was first published April 19, 2012. The post and photos were updated and republished January 14, 2021.