A creamy chocolate and cream cheese center make these Cheesecake Nutella Crescent Rolls disappear in a hurry. These sweet pastry rolls filled with hazelnut spread will become a family favorite in no time at all.
Nothing says "I love you" to my family more than a hot breakfast. Most of the time I make a big batch of blueberry pancakes, banana waffles, and loaded egg burritos and keep them in the freezer, so they can heat up a quick breakfast before school.
On the weekends I love making delicious little treats before the kiddos wake up. These crescent rolls with Nutella were one of the fun creations I surprised them with.
Why You Will Love These
These buttery and soft crescent rolls have a creamy cheesecake filling and a gooey pocket of Nutella spread hidden inside.
They are so easy to make with just a few ingredients, but they look like you spent hours in the kitchen. Adding the white chocolate drizzle just adds that extra little touch.
The best part is that these chocolate rolls can be ready to be devoured in under 30 minutes. They are the perfect treat for Nutella lovers.
With just a few kitchen staples and a jar of Nutella, these cream cheese crescent rolls are a fun treat to make.
- Refrigerated Crescent Rolls - You will need two packages of canned rolls to make this recipe.
- Cream Cheese - Make sure to set one package out ahead of time, so it can come to room temperature.
- Sugar - Granulated sugar sweetens this particular roll.
- Egg - A large egg helps to bind the cream cheese filling together.
- Nutella - The sweet hazelnut spread adds a fun flavor to the filled crescent rolls.
- White Chocolate - You can use white chocolate chips or white chocolate melting wafers for the drizzle on top or just sprinkle with powdered sugar.
How to make Cheesecake Crescent Rolls
Filling flakey crescent rolls with two kinds of filling makes these little pastries a decadent treat that is perfect for breakfast or dessert.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Add the egg and beat again.
- Open both packages of crescent rolls and roll the dough out on a baking sheet. Press 2 triangles together to form a rectangle, repeating until you have 8 rectangles of dough.
- Scoop out a tablespoon of Nutella and spread it down the right center of each rectangle.Repeat with a tablespoon of cheesecake filling down the left center.
- Fold the sides over to the middle and gently pinch the seams together. Pinch the ends together too.
- Flip the roll over carefully. Gently twist the roll. (You can also just pinch the roll together and skip the twist.) Pinch together any seams that come undone.
- Place the pan in a preheated oven and bake until golden brown. Remove and cool on a wire rack.
BruCrew Tip: To make these cheesecake Nutella rolls even more fun and delicious, drizzle the tops with melted white chocolate before serving.
- Bananas - These banana Nutella crescent cups are a cute and fun treat.
- Strawberries - One of our favorite treats are these strawberry Nutella rolls made with canned breadsticks.
- Cinnamon Sugar - Sprinkle the tops of the rolls before baking.
The filled crescent rolls are best if served the same day they are made. If you have leftovers keep them in an air tight container in the fridge for a few days.
Other Crescent Roll Desserts
- Blueberry Danish
- Nutella Rolls
- Banana Cheesecake Rolls
- Churro Pumpkin Pie Danish
- Apple Cinnamon Cream Cheese Bars
Love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please leave a 5 star ⭐️ rating and/or a review in the comments section further below.
*The post for Cheesecake Nutella Twists was first published April 19, 2012. The post and photos were updated and republished January 14, 2021.
By any chance have you tried using a fruit preserve or something in place of the Nutella. It seems like it may work?? Nut allergies prevent us from having Nutella.
I actually have done other fillings, and they work great too. Here is a link to one we made with raspberry preserves and chocolate chip cheesecake filling. https://insidebrucrewlife.com/raspberry-chocolate-chip-cheesecake-rolls/ I hope that helps and you have fun creating a nut free cheesecake roll.
Okey... Well I like being up early when it’s so peaceful and the sun is coming up, but I don’t like the getting up part.I love the night, that’s my time! thanks
Oooh my.... This is so amazing pic and recipe... I must try this ! Thanks...
I can not believe you would actually call this breakfast, and feed it to your children like it is. They should be drinking smoothies too. Not that these don't sound amazing, but breakfast...really?
Hi, Luna. I have to ask...do you eat donuts or danishes for breakfast? These really are not any different than those "breakfast" items 🙂 My kids eat lots of healthy food all week long, so I am ok with them eating these for breakfast every once in a while. Everything in moderation, right?
I agree with Luna, honestly. I'm not against treats, we all need them, but I quit eating non-nutritious sweets for breakfast myself 15 years ago in nursing school when I changed my first foot bandage on woman who had had half her foot amputated due to diabetes. Sweets can be a joy, but boy, when you see the horrible long-term consequences every week in a job like mine, for confusing sweet treats with nutrient-dense meal-time foods, it can really wake you up. I'm glad i got to view such awful things at a formative time in my life, I was a sweets addict and quite obese at the time, ---I'm sure I'd be diabetic myself if had not gone to nursing school back then and gradually made radical changes in my dietary habits as a result of seeing many sad and horrible diabetic injuries and pain. I have more energy and alertness in the mornings now, too! ---But I do love Nutella, and I'll keep this one in mind! Sounds yummy. I won't be eaing it for breakfast though. Maybe as a dessert,or afternoon coffee with friends. Thanks for the idea! My latest home-made obsession obsession to make are the maple-oat scones in the wonderful cookbook Flour. Mm. fun to have a variety!
These are amazing Jocelyn!
My kids go crazy for Nutella! I'll surprise them with these beauties some morning! Yum!
I live in England and I don't actually think we have crescent rolls is there anything I could use instead ??
We do not have these crescent rolls , what are its ingredients ?
It is a ready made dough that comes in a can. You could probably find a homemade dough recipe on google.
I made this tonight and it was delish!! I didn't put the egg in the cream cheese mixture and it turned out fine. I also didn't twist it because I was scared that it would fall apart because it seemed so delicate already. Thanks for the yummy recipe! Quick and easy!
I'd love to make these, but the instructions and recipe seem to be missing from the page 🙁
I just check on two different browsers and the recipe shows up fine. Did you scroll down the page past all the pictures? It is under the 5th picture. Hope you enjoy them!
O. M. G!! Can I come over for breakfast now!? These look ah-mazing. Seriously. It isn't quite fair! 😉
I have to try this one! Looks fantastic and I believe the taste is delicious also. Thanks for the great recipes!
Rachel @ BubblyNatureCreations.com
Amazing! I REALLY want these! 🙂
Thanks Rachel. I really want these again too 🙂
Easy and delicious! This is SO up my alley!
I am definitely all about easy and delicious! Glad you liked them!!!
My son would think he went to heaven - he favorite two things on earth!
Janet @ Frugal & Focused
Wow! These look amazing!
Bru Crew Mom
Found these on pinterest, and I had to come check it out. I call my kids The Bru Crew, so I had to come see your BruCrew too! 😀
Hi to another Bru Crew family:-) So glad to "meet" you!!!
Mine didn't turn out nearly as pretty, but they taste damn good! =)
I am so glad to hear they tasted good:-)
Lady Behind The Curtain
Love your recipe! I hope you come over to Cast Party Wednesday and share it with us this week. I hope to see you there! ---Sheryl @ Lady Behind The Curtain---