This easy Homemade Blueberry Lemon Danish is delicious way to start out the day. A soft dough and blueberry pie filling makes these breakfast treats come together so quickly.
*I am partnering with Lucky Leaf this year as a blog ambassador bringing you delicious recipes using pie filling.
This past week has been crazy busy around here. Our church provided lunches on three days for a local elementary school as a way to say thank you to the teachers for all their hard work. I made some funfetti sugar cookie bars and fudge for the first two days, then I decided to make cute little cheesecake parfaits for the last day. Let's just say that 60 parfaits seemed like an easy thing when I first started.
I enlisted my hubby to help me with chopping cookies and washing dishes that night. Four hours later we finished up the last one. Now part of the reason it took so long is that I was developing the actual recipe for two of the varieties that we made. The other two recipes were already finished, and we just had to whip up triple batches of each. Easier said than done though.
Maybe I should have just stuck with an easier dessert, although I heard that the teachers loved all of them. So it was totally worth it!
I'm looking forward to sitting in the sun this weekend with a cold coffee drink, a few of these easy blueberry treats, and a good book. With three busy teenagers in the house, I'm not sure how long that time will actually last because soccer games, banquets, and going to the movies is all on the weekend plan too.
And that's ok because I am enjoying my three kiddos while they still need me. I love my mom life!
This month I decided to make another batch of homemade danishes. I had a feeling pie filling would be a great addition to the soft pillowy dough circles.
To give it a little pizzaz I also added some lemon zest to the dough, sprinkled some lemon crumbles on top, and then drizzled lemon glaze over them. Lemon and blueberry is a match made in heaven.
Here are some tips for making your own homemade blueberry lemon danish:
- Mix your baking mix, sugar, and butter together with a fork or pastry blender until it is crumbly.
- Pour in the milk and mix it together with a fork until a soft dough forms.
- Scoop the batter onto parchment paper lined trays because we don't want them to stick to the pan.
- Use the back of a spoon to make a well in the center of each one. To see how to do this, check out the video for the raspberry cheesecake danish I made a few months ago.
- Fill the centers with the blueberry pie filling and sprinkle with the lemon crumble. Bake.
- Cool on a wire rack before drizzling the lemon glaze over the tops.
- Brew some coffee and invite some friends over to enjoy a danish and catch up on life.
Here are more blueberry recipes you might enjoy:
- Blueberry Breakfast Cake from Saving Room for Dessert
- Easy Blueberry Pie from She Wears Many Hats
- Easy Blueberry Cobbler from Pint Sized Baker
Connect more with Lucky Leaf®: